IGNORED

A Chant Idea I Thought Of

ben91tucker

Ok, this is a stupid idea, but lm going to share it anyway.

Please don't reply in a sarastic manor as l hate people who do that!!!

Anyway, here it is.... you ready? ok

We play in red yeah? so..... wait for it

''come on you reds''

I was thinking if you drag out the reds bit, it could be catchy?

What do ya think?

Those blooming Villa supporters are renowned for their wit and speed of thought. It's so clever of them to have composed such an unusual chant. Apparantly they have others ...

One gentleman shout starts the chant by shouting out: "Give me a V" (with 3 beats to the "V" so it comes out as "Vee-ee-ee") - which is echoed by the rest of the supporters shouting "Vee-ee-ee". Then the gentleman shouts again: "Give me an I" - which is echoed again. This continues until the name "V-I-L-L-A" has been completely spelt out at which point everyone shouts out the name and claps.

How about we adapt it? Someone could shout "Give me a B" and so on until we've spelt out "Bristol City Football Club". We could probably make that chant last the entire first half. What do you think? I think that it could be a winner (although it makes me glad I don't support Inverness Caledonian Thistle).

Those blooming Villa supporters are renowned for their wit and speed of thought. It's so clever of them to have composed such an unusual chant. Apparantly they have others ...

One gentleman shout starts the chant by shouting out: "Give me a V" (with 3 beats to the "V" so it comes out as "Vee-ee-ee") - which is echoed by the rest of the supporters shouting "Vee-ee-ee". Then the gentleman shouts again: "Give me an I" - which is echoed again. This continues until the name "V-I-L-L-A" has been completely spelt out at which point everyone shouts out the name and claps.

How about we adapt it? Someone could shout "Give me a B" and so on until we've spelt out "Bristol City Football Club". We could probably make that chant last the entire first half. What do you think? I think that it could be a winner (although it makes me glad I don't support Inverness Caledonian Thistle).

Why not shorten it and just have C-I-T-Y? Could be onto a big winner there!

I'm useless at all this song writing stuff.

I can't think of one for the Bristol City.

Wait a minute.....

I feel your frustration, Chivs. I also support the one team in Bristol. There's only one team in Bristol. And yet I've been trying without success to think of a song that truly expresses my wish to communicate this allegiance to opposing fans.

Perhaps someone on this forum will have an idea about an effective way of doing this in a musical fashion?

I feel your frustration, Chivs. I also support the one team in Bristol. There's only one team in Bristol. And yet I've been trying without success to think of a song that truly expresses my wish to communicate this allegiance to opposing fans.

Perhaps someone on this forum will have an idea about an effective way of doing this in a musical fashion?

How about something along the lines of...

There was 1 team called Rovers in Bristol

1 team called Rovers in Bristol

1 team called Rovers

1 team called Rovers

1 team called Rovers in Bristol

But then the pikey's from Twerton got burned down

Then the pikey's from Twerton got burned down etc etc etc

No? Coat's on. Now where's the nearest window to pick?

Saw a gashead on the corner of my street today and I told him....

If your standing on the corner, rovers scarf round your neck, the City boys are going to get you, they will break your

'ahem' neck!

You could put it to music and make a song up!

Just call me a musical genius!!!!!

U REDS

Hey, just got another one...

How about a song that goes to the tune, and rhymes with...

"One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow"

Just change "mow" into another verb and "meadow" to a place not in Bristol, and could be onto something there...!!! :devil:

There is indeed only one team in Bristol. But that doesn't help us with a song. I do know that you need to keep it short and snappy to appeal to the songster on the terrace.

I've given this some thought and have listed what I like about our club

1. For Bristol City

2. For the boys in red

3. For the fans down Ashton Gate

4. I'll follow them until the ticket prices get too extortionate

I'm thinking I could turn this into a song but I need to work on the last line as it doesn't scan. Any thoughts?

• Admin
Could we not sing "Goodnight Irene?"

Can't say I care much for Irene. In fact I'm more likely to sing a song telling her to eff off.

I suppose if I were feeling generous towards the end of the song I could reliably inform the Sagheads which way there club was heading this season.

I think we should sing a song praising the Russian military. Something catchy, just two words repeated by different

sections of the crowd. Any ideas?

Eastern Front

Eastend Front

Eastern Front

etc etc

I think I see where you're coming from.

• Admin
I think we should sing a song praising the Russian military. Something catchy, just two words repeated by different

sections of the crowd. Any ideas?

Failing that we could taunt opposing teams by comparing them to the Russian Navy?

blimey, you've started me off now......

There I was sat on the loo, thinking to myself.. 'I've started - so I'll finish'.. when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a roll of cheap toilet paper....

WHAT!!! I exclaimed... Wheres the Andrex???...

And before I knew it, -quicker even than Stephen Hawkins could say Dariosz Dziekanowski ...

I found myself chanting.. 'You're Not Fit To...... You're Not Fit To...... YOU'RE NOT FIT TO WIPE MY NOSE!!' at the bog roll.

Well, where did that come from I thought.. I bet, with a little bit of tweaking, "some clever so 'n so could take that & turn it into some kind of football chant!"

.. hmm, funny what goes through yer mind while sat on the bog innit? :)

What about this lads

A little bit of NOBLE in our lives

A little bit of MURRAY down the sides

A little bit of JOHNSON is what we need

A little bit of SPROULE with his speed

A little bit of CAREY in defence

A little bit of ELLIOT hes immense

A little bit of singing from the FANS

And a little bit from TRUNDLE cos hes our man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haster, your absolutely wasted mate....

That simply is BRILLIANT.

Well done, top of the class........even post of the year mate!!!!!!!

This thread is becoming really interesting and credit to you all for coming up with some great new ideas for chants. However, having discussed this with a few mates, we decided that what we really want to tell the lads was that we would support them evermore. However, we were stumped when it came to working out how to achieve this.

Can anyone think of how I might do it in a manner that is both entertaining and rhythmic? If so, I think it could possibly form the basis of an exciting new chant that you could all join in too. Isn't that a brilliant idea? :winner_third_h4h:

Archived