IGNORED

Gerry Gow

The Civil Service

Any ideas who to approach at the club about the possibility of getting Gerry Gow as guest of honour at the Man City game??? It'd be great to see the old boy again as I can only just about remember him at the Gate - although he did score the first City goal I ever saw which will stay with me for ever. He's also a bit of a cult favourite with the Man City fans despite his relatively brief time up there.

Apologies if this has been suggested before.

The more recent guy which both sets of fans idolised would be the Goat!

Doubt he would come though as I think he's something big back in Bermuda now!

Gerry Gow was my hero when I was a nipper! He was crap in 'Bread' on the tele though!

U REDS

The more recent guy which both sets of fans idolised would be the Goat!

Doubt he would come though as I think he's something big back in Bermuda now!

He's in the process of creating a team to play in the US soccer leagues to give fellow Bermudans an outlet into the professional game. I have his emaill address if you want to ask him over. :whistle:

Gerry Gow's still my all time City idol, what a player !

I think he was treated like sh1t last time he came to Ashton Gate, if I remember rightly, something about not being able to sit with his son or something, and was also spitting feathers about something else they did, when he'd been invited down.

So it would be fantastic to get the current board to rectify this, and invite the legend down, or up, if he's still in Weymouth, and give him the red carpet treatment he deserves.

He's here, he's there, we're not allowed to swear, Gerry Gow, Gerry Gow !

Archived