IGNORED

Player Ratings Vs Port Vale

Tim S

I have not seen any ratings yet so here are some of my thoughts....

PHILLIPS 6 - A couple of good saves keeping the score more respectable was let down by dodgy defending.

CAREY 4 - Never really seemed to get into the game, and crossing was bad - straight into the arms of the keeper nearly every time and has to take the blame for their first goal as he was not close enough to their player who should never have been aloud the space to shoot.

BUTLER 4 - Oh dear - another classic Butler display including howlers and giving the ball away to easily. At least he didnt score an own goal!!

COLES 5- Some good clearances was the better player of our rather sorry looking defence.

HILL 5 - Matty seems to have been off the boil the last couple of games. Bit of a mare against Oldham and this was not much better. Although he did show a bit more passion than the others - but only just.

MURRAY 5 - Scott never really seemed to get into the game and gave the ball away too much. He never really found much space to run in and was well watched by the PV left back. Hopefully his return home debut will be more fruitfull.

DOHERTY 7 - Some good tackles in midfield and tried to move the ball around a bit, but he was holding back a bit after he got booked.

WILKSHIRE 6 - Never got into the game but showed a bit more passion, did a lot of chasing and looked like one of the few players to want to win. Was unlucky to be subbed.

TINNION 5 - He has said he doesnt like playing on the left and we know why today. For some reason we kept playing it out to the left for Tins to get down the wing but he didnt have the pace to chase it, and Matty Hill only seems to do well LB when Aaron Brown is on the left. Although Tins never got into game on the left - i am still bemused as to why we then played Woodman there!

PEACOCK 5 - Despite having a goal to his name, this was another typical Leapy performance. Didnt look fully fit and.... (this is really starting to bug me now) HOW MANY MORE FOULS IS HE GOING TO GIVE AWAY?!? Every time we come forward and look like we could make a promising attack - Leapy is nudging a defender in the back or pulling a shirt and giving away a free kick. Tut tut tut.

ROUGIER 7 - Seemed a bit clumbsy falling over a bit, but he chased well was seemed to be a bit of a tough one for the PV defenders to handle. Was unlucky to be subbed. He scores highly not just for his performance, but also for the comedy moment of the game - litterally catching the ball with both hands, then dropping it again - right infront of the ref, and getting away with it!! Class!

SUBS:

ROBERTS 6 - Looked quick and sharp although never really got to see too much of the ball. Did a lot of chasing, but didnt get the service from midfield. Every ball that came his way then went out wide to only be given away again!

WOODMAN 5 - You cant blame him for not doing well on the wing. Its NOT his position. I dont expect he asked to be played there so why Danny Wilson did I dont know. He is not quick, not strong and not a great crosser. But he did try, bless him.

And finally.....

THE REFEREE 3 - Too fussy, kept blowing up for silly things and didnt let the game flow. Was a bit card happy too. Although was not as bad as Trevor Kettle - the ref against Oldham.

Archived