IGNORED

What Do You Think...

Guest Redarmy Ant

Guest Redarmy Ant

Right, I'm not trying to tell DW what to do, i think hes a good manager wholl make this club do well. If he makes the right decisions.

Remember the City v Cardiff play off game at our place last year. With about ten minutes to go, Scott Murray was switched to the left wing, because he was marked out on the right, Andy Legg was it? He got one or two shots in because he likes to cut inside the defender and shoot low, like a majority of his goals for us last year. If he cuts in on the right, hes on his left foot. Not his strongest. If hes on the left, he cuts in and hes on his right. More power, more accuracy, more goals.

Why not switch murray to the left, and see what happens. Most managers know about murray in this division, as we saw with Port Vale yesterday, so hes marked from the first whistle. I'm positive Hollowhead will make sure murrays nailed down next saturday. So why not surprise them with playing a different midfield.

Philips

Carey.......Coles.......Hill.......Woodman

Wilkshire...Tinnion....Doherty....Murray

Miller...Roberts

Two of our best passers on RM and RCM, putting diagonal balls into the opposite corner, for two of our fastst runners on the end of them. Then either a shot on goal or a cross to the waiting Miller.

Anyone else?!

PS My first post!

Remember the City v Cardiff play off game at our place last year. With about ten minutes to go, Scott Murray was switched to the left wing, because he was marked out on the right, Andy Legg was it? He got one or two shots in because he likes to cut inside the defender and shoot low, like a majority of his goals for us last year. If he cuts in on the right, hes on his left foot. Not his strongest. If hes on the left, he cuts in and hes on his right. More power, more accuracy, more goals.

Why not switch murray to the left, and see what happens. Most managers know about murray in this division, as we saw with Port Vale yesterday, so hes marked from the first whistle. I'm positive Hollowhead will make sure murrays nailed down next saturday. So why not surprise them with playing a different midfield.

I think you've got a good point there, but wouldnt it suit Murray on his natural side when he is crossing the ball?

couldnt agree more with your defence.

Woodman is good going forward and defending, which is why he should be left back. As for Hill, he a brilliant defender and isnt so hot going forward, however Hill is better than Butler, which is why he should play centre back. IMO
Hill alongside Coles in the centre seems to work pretty well and Coles looks a lot more relaxed.

That leaves the left back position - Woodman is ok, but lacks experience and in all honesty lacks a bit of guile on occasions, also a bit lightweight. However, if you move Hill into CD then Woodman probably is our best option at LB. Bell could play there still, but lacks pace, so depends who the opposition RM is as to who is the best bet. Bell offers experience and good going forward, good crosser of the ball and good at set pieces, but isn't quick and can get left short at the back unless our LM covers for him!!!!!!!! :D

Makes me glad (and many others too no doubt) that I'm not the one who has to pick the team :whistle:

Right, I'm not trying to tell DW what to do, i think hes a good manager wholl make this club do well. If he makes the right decisions.

Philips

Carey.......Coles.......Hill.......Woodman

Wilkshire...Tinnion....Doherty....Murray

Miller...Roberts

Two of our best passers on RM and RCM, putting diagonal balls into the opposite corner, for two of our fastst runners on the end of them. Then either a shot on goal or a cross to the waiting Miller.

Anyone else?!

PS My first post!

If we did this why not put rougier in his natural position , on the right , when he got out wide they couldnt get the ball off him and he put in a couple of decent crosses.

Archived