IGNORED

Trundle Quality

Red Robin

Well 1 million brings you goals from the top drawer,two quality goals by LT today,took the stuffing out of a very well organised Scunny.

Citys performance was top drawer,well organised as a unit.

Early days but it looks good sitting 6th in the League,oh how nice would that be come the seasons end.

Well done GJ it looks rosey.

Well 1 million brings you goals from the top drawer,two quality goals by LT today,took the stuffing out of a very well organised Scunny.

Citys performance was top drawer,well organised as a unit.

Early days but it looks good sitting 6th in the League,oh how nice would that be come the seasons end.

Well done GJ it looks rosey.

Top class goals from top class player if in premiership would be shown often

WELL DONE MAGIC DAPS

Trundle was special today. I mean really special, he's got the kind of ability you can't really teach.

Ironic that against s****horpe trundle was the difference, much as sharp was for them last season. That was a tough game today, especially in that heat, i thought we did fantastic to restrict them to very few chances.

Think it's going to be a very rosy season...i'll take 7 places behind ManUre at the end of the season!! :city::w00t:

Those two goals were unbelievable today. I was saying to my mate that I don't think I've seen City score a goal like either of them for a decade or so.

The speed in which he did the defender and rocketed the ball in for the first was awesome. Get a fully fit Brooker alongside him with McIndoe and Sproule/Murray joining in from the flanks and that could be as potent as anything in the league.

Those two goals were unbelievable today. I was saying to my mate that I don't think I've seen City score a goal like either of them for a decade or so.

The speed in which he did the defender and rocketed the ball in for the first was awesome. Get a fully fit Brooker alongside him with McIndoe and Sproule/Murray joining in from the flanks and that could be as potent as anything in the league.

We were saying the same too both quality goals and if Trundle continues to score goals like that every game we will not have to worry about struggling in the league this season.

Very good team performance with some excellent individual displays. V. happy with 5/9 points. This league, much like last season, will see teams taking points from each other and i can see its going to be tight from bottom to mid-table, so good to get some points under the belt. However, tougher tests are still to come and as GJ likes to say, lets look where we are after 10 games.

Can`t dispute the fact that footy at the Gate so far though has been thoroughly entertaining. Long may it continue.

PDG

Can you remember Leroy Lita's two goals in 2004 against Torquay away?

When S****horpe's keeper, Joe Murphy saw Trundle's second superlative dink drop under his bar mouth something rhyming with: Oh Clucking Bell?

I thought the first was best because he had to make the space for himself, whereas for the second the defender gave him the space he needed.

However the technique for both shots was, well, what can I say, just superlative!

Shows you how good a defender Carey is for marking him out of the game when we played them last season.

Can you remember Leroy Lita's two goals in 2004 against Torquay away?

Yes, I can even though I struggled to see them through the mist that day! Lita's hattrick was awesome that day but for totally different reasons. He was all about pace and power while Trundle's brace today was all about impromptu opportunism, something we haven't had down the Gate in many a year.

It's also worth noting Trundle produced today against much better oppostition than Torquay were that day which makes the goals all the more valuable IMO.

I agree Tin, i really do. BUT! What else did he do bar score 2 beautys? Not an awful but hey, who gives a monkeys arse he's paid to score goals and boy did he score!

Both goals completely out of the blue, made and executed with sublime skill, in the Bergcamp mould.

Thats why G.J. shelled out £1 million.

Can't wait to see them again on the box.

Made me laugh, all those piling out of the Dolman just before half time, for their desperate pint.

Was it worth missing that ?

Both goals completely out of the blue, made and executed with sublime skill, in the Bergcamp mould.

Thats why G.J. shelled out £1 million.

Can't wait to see them again on the box.

Made me laugh, all those piling out of the Dolman just before half time, for their desperate pint.

Was it worth missing that ?

I made the same mistake in leaving for a pint in the Atyeo straight after Scunny's goal but I caught on the telly which is a bit of a consolation I suppose! :tongue:

Archived