IGNORED

Attendance Today

Red to the world

regardless of the price, Boiling Hot Day on a bank holiday weekend playing S****horpe.

always going to be a low crowd,

by contrast,although included on the overall attendance today, 4 Season Ticket holders I go with didn't go today, 3 of which decided to go away because it was bank holiday and we were only playing scunny, the other just decided it was too nice a day to go to the match,

Match day ticket prices need to be looked into now.

10,000 ST holders? So only 2,000 odd paying in advance and on the day?

Shocking.

Fans have realised they are better off sitting in the pub spending £28 on cider then going to watch their beloved team.

Our ticket prices considering our clubs stature is DISGUSTING!

I for one did not attend today due to the outragous cost, and I know at least 5+ others felt the same.

Charltons ticket prices today - £20 adults, £15 over 60s/U21s and £10 U18s in all stands. (THATS PAY ON THE DAY)

:ranting:

Knew it was going to be low today.

Unfortuanetly due to the U21's and Man City games Cretin Sextoy's halo will be glowing due to other revenue coming into the club

When will city get rid of this idiot. Anything and everything that causes a stir (ie millwall and blackpool coaches, rovers stewards and police, ticket prices, the joke of a ticket office etc etc etc... i could go on) seems to end with a quote from him, although nothing ever ever gets done. "Colin Sextone is looking into the matter".... ??????????

I am still awaiting his reply from that 5-4 mansfield game 3-4 years ago and e-mails sent regarding season tickets.

On a plus point what a battle today, they are no mugs scunny and that was a hard fought win today. Well played everyone, trundle 2 peices of quality + great work rate and energy from Elliott & another good performance from Liam Fontaine

U reds....

Match day ticket prices need to be looked into now.

10,000 ST holders? So only 2,000 odd paying in advance and on the day?

Shocking.

Fans have realised they are better off sitting in the pub spending £28 on cider then going to watch their beloved team.

Our ticket prices considering our clubs stature is DISGUSTING!

I for one did not attend today due to the outragous cost, and I know at least 5+ others felt the same.

Charltons ticket prices today - £20 adults, £15 over 60s/U21s and £10 U18s in all stands. (THATS PAY ON THE DAY)

:ranting:

as others said, we were playing s****horpe on bank holiday weekend, crowds are always low at the gate for a team like scunny and are always low for a bank holidays.

9200 - st ticket holders, - actually

and you could have paid - £23 to get into the atyeo

either way, once we are 10 home games into the season then will be the time when the average attendances show, not just a knee jerk reaction straight after a game, which everyone predicted would be a low attendance,

personally speaking though, very good performance today, if they had put the prices up and not invested into the team I would have been unhappy, but the QUALITY of the players, (Trundle and Elliott especially!) brought to the club have made the prices more acceptable, can't have it both ways,

Bank holiday. Team we are playing is hardly a big draw. Poor visiting support. Big U21 game in the last week. Big cup game next week. Lets look after a couple of months and see what the average crowd is before we judge one way or the other.

Well said.

This is the least exciting home game for some time. Those supporters who have to pick and choose matches will look at the fixture list and see Man City, WBA, Burnley and then Sheffield United all at home coming up and most likely keep their money for one or two of them. One Premiership team, two recent Premiership teams and an established Championship side all look more attractive to the non-season ticket holder, and that's not even looking at the fact its a sunny bank holiday today.

Agreed, it's appalling. I'm 16, and so it's very difficult to look for a decent job. If I wanted a season ticket, I'd somehow have to fork out £245 for a seat in the Dolman Stand, plus £40 for a shirt. Add to this £3 (I think) for a programme each match, and maybe a pound per game for a drink and you're at £354 (if my Maths skills are correct). Then if we assume we have 5 cup matches a season at £20 each, and add on programme and drink prices to this, we have another £118. This totals £472. This is ridiculous money for an adult to watch their favourite club, let alone a sixteen year old in full-time education. I haven't been down to the Gate this season due to the cost, so forgive me if my numbers are out, but it's an absolute disgrace.<br>

Agreed, it's appalling. I'm 16, and so it's very difficult to look for a decent job. If I wanted a season ticket, I'd somehow have to fork out £245 for a seat in the Dolman Stand, plus £40 for a shirt. Add to this £3 (I think) for a programme each match, and maybe a pound per game for a drink and you're at £354 (if my Maths skills are correct). Then if we assume we have 5 cup matches a season at £20 each, and add on programme and drink prices to this, we have another £118. This totals £472. This is ridiculous money for an adult to watch their favourite club, let alone a sixteen year old in full-time education. I haven't been down to the Gate this season due to the cost, so forgive me if my numbers are out, but it's an absolute disgrace.<br>

surely as a student though,

A) don't sit in the most expensive seats at the ground, sit in the Atyeo - £185,

B)don't buy a shirt this season,

c) don't by a programme!!! nothing in it that isn't on the website anyway

still, notining like a good battering at the club

We're in a play off spot, two points off the top, unbeaten, you have seen two superb goals, it's a lovely sunny nightand most of us don't have to go work on Monday.

For God's sake get a life, the club's never been in better shape since the events of 1982, what's not to like?

If you aren't happy tonight you never will be.

We're in a play off spot, two points off the top, unbeaten, you have seen two superb goals, it's a lovely sunny nightand most of us don't have to go work on Monday.

For God's sake get a life, the club's never been in better shape since the events of 1982, what's not to like?

Spot On. Anybody who finds anything to moan about tonight need to take a few minutes to remember the lows of the last eight years or so. This club has never been in better shape, on the field at least, and is heading firmly in the right direction. Be proud and be happy. Moaning can be continued on Monday.

if you're like me and were there ........ just grin and gloat

WE SAW TWO TRUNDLE SPECIALS

the stay awayers didn't !!!!!!!

:englandsmile4wf:

Me too

but it would of been great to see 16-17k there seeing those goals yeah ??

Bump the cretin sextoy comments i stated earlier.....

its your fault. My mate wanted to go down today but had to choose between scunny and man city. Really (as he said) he shouldn't have to choose ?????

looking at other attendances it seems the national trend was low, not just city.

BLOODY good shout, looking on BBC some very low attendances today in the championship, preston only got 11k today, barnsley less than 10k,

personally I'm very happy to have witnessed a VERY good game of football today,

looking on BBC some very low attendances today in the championship, preston only got 11k today, barnsley less than 10k,

On the other hand, you seem to have overlooked that clubs like Cardiff and Hull got much bigger attendances than us:-

(16,407) Cardiff 0 - 1 Coventry

(15,939) Hull 2 - 1 Norwich

(20,300) Southampton 3 - 2 Stoke

There was a time when City had a bigger fan base than either Cardiff or Hull and could at least match that of Southampton. Sadly that is no longer the case. :crying:

No, but you will be there for West Brom, Southampton etc.

FFS, it's Scunny on a sunny bank holiday!

I'll give my apologies now for the Burnley game, it's not because of ticket prices, but I have a commitment elsewhere.

If that's ok?

On the other hand, you seem to have overlooked that clubs like Cardiff and Hull got much bigger attendances than us:-

There was a time when City had a bigger fan base than either Cardiff or Hull and could at least match that of Southampton. Sadly that is no longer the case. :crying:

All 3 away sides would have taken a far bigger away following.

At the end of the day, does it really matter. Anyone with any sense will have known that todays gate would have been way down on the QPR attendance.

If the team can continue to put in the effort they have shown so far attendances will take care of themselves.

PDG

I blame Sextone for making it a bank holiday and sunny. When will this muppet learn that people won't come to games if these conditions continue. Bring in a CEO that can actually control the weather.

It wasn't until boxing day last season that we got a bigger attendance than todays after the first game of the season. And S****horpe are probably, after maybe Colchester, the least appealing fixture of the season.

well said, i couldn't agree more. in fact, i'm going to have another cider on the back of it. (wish there were more like you. fishing now)

as already said, those games would have all brought decent amount of away fans,

either way Hull and southampton attendances both low compared to normal, which was the point I was aiming for

Archived