IGNORED

Bradley Orrsome !

Rowley Birkin

I must admit, before a ball was kicked I was really worried that Bradley would struggle at this level, but boy was I wrong.

I don't think there's a more improved player at the club, he's certainly stepped up to the plate.

His commitment, passion whatever you like to call it, is immense, and long may it remain so.

But what for me has really improved is his distribution, and crossing, and he's no longer giving the ball away as he has in the past.

Superb matey, keep it going.

Also Scott yesterday ran himself into the ground, and certainly deserved a goal, in the blistering heat, and as for Marvin Elliott, where the hell does he get his energy ??????????

In the second half, I felt a contentment I havent experienced in donkeys years, that at last, we are playing in a league, competeing, and beating clubs, at a level where City should have been plying their trade for the last decade.

My God it's great to be back.

Keep this level up City, and the skys the limit.

I love you.

I don't know what game you were watching, his passing was awful and needs to improve . DEFENDER hes supurb, he is a warrior and will do well.

But seriously his passing, this really should be addressed on the training ground and could be resolved..

He is quality though apart from that..

Agreed. His defence was great but his passing was woeful.

But what for me has really improved is his distribution, and crossing, and he's no longer giving the ball away as he has in the past.

Eh?? His distribution was terrible yesterday! Gave the ball away on almost every occassion, and keeps hitting 'chipped' balls up to our strikers instead of passes!

You can't help but admire Orr's commitment, drive and bravery, however as a 'footballer' he is definitely poor.

Cider army!!

The one thing you can guarantee with Orr is that he'll give you 110% come rain or shine, which probably has something to do with the club/fans sticking by him through the whole Romeo Brown's, affair but yesterday he was class.

I thought he should've done better for their goal as the he allowed Kevan Hurst to get the cross in that led to the goal but he recognised that and stepped it up after that. His distribution is woeful at times and if he sorts that out then he could carve a name out for himself at this level.

I must admit, before a ball was kicked I was really worried that Bradley would struggle at this level, but boy was I wrong.

I don't think there's a more improved player at the club, he's certainly stepped up to the plate.

His commitment, passion whatever you like to call it, is immense, and long may it remain so.

Also Scott yesterday ran himself into the ground, and certainly deserved a goal, in the blistering heat, and as for Marvin Elliott, where the hell does he get his energy ??????????

In the second half, I felt a contentment I havent experienced in donkeys years, that at last, we are playing in a league, competeing, and beating clubs, at a level where City should have been plying their trade for the last decade.

I love you.

I'm a fan of orr as a person and how he has improved since gary took over.

however, though he was shocking yesterday. maybe shocking is a bit harsh but his passing was terrible and was beaten to easily by their bloke who crossed for thier goal. it was a 50/50 ball and bradley came out the loser.

would benifit him more if he had competition for right back. wilson isnt a right back and keogh never looks comfortable there

I love Bradley Orr's effort and commitment, but it also concerns me.

When he loses the ball, he likes to do everything he can to win it back. Great, but on occasions yesterday he left his marker (man he was marking) to chase a ball he'd lost. A couple of times it almost cost us in the second half but Brian Wilson did well covering for him. In theory Brad should have dropped off and Wilson go for the ball as it was the wing back in possesion.

However most of the time Brad did very well and did indeed win possesion back.

On another note, Liam Fontaine.... brilliant yesterday, his heading leaves me a bit nervous, or lack of and allowing the ball to bounce. But a tackle he made in the first move which set up an attack was first class and don't think he did a lot wrong.

as others have said, got in defence, but his passing was shocking, too early to be giving him too much praise, hold that until we have actually played some of the decent teams in this league

Yet we can start up threads proclaiming Marvin Elliott to be the next God without playing the "decent" teams in the league as you put it. Which way do you want it?

Excuse me if it's been discussed elsewhere, but does anyone know why Bradders had the arm band on yesterday? I assume it was something to do with that murdered Everton fan. Though I would have thought Trunds would have worn one being that he's a Everton fan while Orr is a red. Perhaps he knows the family ???

distribution, distribution and distribution that is what Bradley needs to be thinking about this week, he has got everything else needed at this level and I love him and would have him on the team sheet every week, but yesterday, he hit too many tricky pass's that got easliy cut out. he needs to think about the simple ball more often.

I would say he needs to find the simple out ball to LJ, but LJ has also had the passing wobbles this season, what on earth has happened as he was so solid last year on this??

Sorry but have to disagree. I agree with some of the other responses. Bradley always gives 110% that,s why the fans love him, but the quality of his passing was awful on Saturday. He also looks very vunerable to quick wingers. Where he does well is displaying some quality close control. Suspect this comes from previously being a centre midfield player.

I'm a fan of orr as a person and how he has improved since gary took over.

however, though he was shocking yesterday. maybe shocking is a bit harsh but his passing was terrible and was beaten to easily by their bloke who crossed for thier goal. it was a 50/50 ball and bradley came out the loser.

would benifit him more if he had competition for right back. wilson isnt a right back and keogh never looks comfortable there

It could be that Ribeiro may be pushing through as competition for right back. GJ seems to be very keen on him even though he's still a youngster. Was told he had an excellent game for the reserves on Wednesday.

Thought apart from their goal yesterday when he lost kevan Hurst, he mostly had him firmly isolated on the right, there are going to be a great many right backs terrorised by hurst this season as he's a quality player. he lost out once to hurst and the defence was a shambles for the goal as a whole hell the ref could easily have given two pens before the ball was slammed home. Bradley made an error and the rest of the defence had a bit of a mare as well at that time, 9 times out of 10 when one defender makes an error the others bail them out, bradders bailed out fontaine and carey a couple of times, but for their goal bradders made an error and the others couldn't quite bail him out, it happens.

His distribution isn't great, but he will get better, for a long while Matty Hills distribution was a concern, while his defending was excellent and he over time improved and i don't doubt that bradley will improve his distribution over time.

Ive got to be honest I'm shocked I came onto this thread thinking thats great somebody who agrees with what I thought of the game I read the original thread and thought even more great somebody else who saw the same couple of players in a great effort (Elliott, Murray and most definately Orr) That of course didnt last long to see everyone else completely disagree (Or at least most people). I will start with Orr as this thread is about him, he came to City with some great potential as a midfielder as I recall, and has shown in his early days some real problems (fighting with Carey, getting banged up etc) He did come to prove a few people wrong towards the end of last season with what I think were good performances and i did wonder how he would deal with the step up. In my opinion he had a great game on Saturday he defended strongly and there was the problem with the goal but I think the whole defence was completely all over the place. don't get me wrong Bradley Orr can improve his game as can all City players otherwise they would be Prem players wouldnt they?? But to give him praise for a good performance is justified. As for someones comment about Elliott not being judged as he hasnt played the better teams yet that bloke worked his socks off all game whether it be S****horpe or Milan he deserves all the praise that he can get if he cocks up against the bigger teams then I can understand but are we so negative as to assume a player is going to be rubbish before seeing the evidence.

Excuse me if it's been discussed elsewhere, but does anyone know why Bradders had the arm band on yesterday? I assume it was something to do with that murdered Everton fan. Though I would have thought Trunds would have worn one being that he's a Everton fan while Orr is a red. Perhaps he knows the family ???

Some did, some didn't.

I blame Sexton.

I love you.

Given the opportunity to execute via guillotine the corrupt judge, corrupt Royalist Gestapo Police and filth Crown Prosecution lawyers that sent Stevie Brooker and Bradley Orr down I'd gladly oblige.

Toff with their heads.

• Admin

Might have something to do with Orr starting off at Everton before he joined Newcastle?

Ive got to be honest I'm shocked I came onto this thread thinking thats great somebody who agrees with what I thought of the game I read the original thread and thought even more great somebody else who saw the same couple of players in a great effort (Elliott, Murray and most definately Orr) That of course didnt last long to see everyone else completely disagree (Or at least most people). I will start with Orr as this thread is about him, he came to City with some great potential as a midfielder as I recall, and has shown in his early days some real problems (fighting with Carey, getting banged up etc) He did come to prove a few people wrong towards the end of last season with what I think were good performances and i did wonder how he would deal with the step up. In my opinion he had a great game on Saturday he defended strongly and there was the problem with the goal but I think the whole defence was completely all over the place. don't get me wrong Bradley Orr can improve his game as can all City players otherwise they would be Prem players wouldnt they?? But to give him praise for a good performance is justified. As for someones comment about Elliott not being judged as he hasnt played the better teams yet that bloke worked his socks off all game whether it be Scunthorpe or Milan he deserves all the praise that he can get if he cocks up against the bigger teams then I can understand but are we so negative as to assume a player is going to be rubbish before seeing the evidence.

I believe that comment was used in defence of praising Orr and not meant as a dig at Elliott. ie if we can praise Elliott we can praise Orr as each have faced the same teams.

Archived