IGNORED

Local Pubs

dragonreds

as i made my way to the game i witnessed a few away fans being asked to leave a local pub. yes i know the pubs have a home fans policy but two of these people were in wheelchairs for gods sake. i know i don,t go away very much these days but part of the fun being a normal human being is to have a drink with the opposition. have we really come to this that fans can,t mix. what do you think these people think of bristol now. i know it,s not a city problem and the club are not to blame for this but i dare say some of the spinners on here can find a way to blame sextone but it just upset me a bit. maybe i,m the odd one out and i,m ready to be shot down

I had arranged to meet a scunny fan who is a mate of mine in the Ship before the game but they got turned around despite going there for the last few years, shame we had to settle for KFC.

It might not be to everybodies taste, but The Baccy Factory normally lets everyone in. When it's not shut.

I had arranged to meet a scunny fan who is a mate of mine in the Ship before the game but they got turned around despite going there for the last few years, shame we had to settle for KFC.

Cant see why i spent a few hours in the ship before the game and a pint in there after the game and there was a few s****horpe fans on both occasions sporting team shirts they were served at the bar and not asked to leave!

Jase

as i made my way to the game i witnessed a few away fans being asked to leave a local pub. yes i know the pubs have a home fans policy but two of these people were in wheelchairs for gods sake. i know i don,t go away very much these days but part of the fun being a normal human being is to have a drink with the opposition. have we really come to this that fans can,t mix. what do you think these people think of bristol now. i know it,s not a city problem and the club are not to blame for this but i dare say some of the spinners on here can find a way to blame sextone but it just upset me a bit. maybe i,m the odd one out and i,m ready to be shot down

The Coopers is a designated home pub on football match days, they do this on the advise of the Police. Of course it's sad that pubs have to do this but it done in mind that not all people who attend football are as humane as you and me. It not the pubs fault,it's society.

I was in the Coopers at 12.15 on Saturday and saw numerous away fans politely advised that they couldn't stay, the guys in the wheelchairs you mentioned were also away fans wearing colours, are you suggesting they should be allowed to stay purely because they had a disabillity? That wouldn't of been fair on the other Scunny supporters who were also turned away, IMO the fact they were in wheelchairs is irrelevant.

Common sense tells you not to wear colours if your an away fan looking to use local boozers prior to a match.

Hmm strange.

Karen the person I met up with said they had been turned away or someone before them?

Or maybe they just saw a sign? I don't know I thought it was strange as most of the time there are a few away fans in there.

Were they on a coach service and directed by the police or stewards maybe?

It's been the case as long as I can remember that some pubs are home fans only and some accept away fans pretty much everywhere in the country. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

It's easy to understand why given partisan support and emotions involved - mix that with booze and it can get messy. Imagine you've just lost a relegation battle to a penalty given for a dive in the 90th minute - are you going to want away fans in the pub after the game?

Archived