IGNORED

Kevin Betsy Future

kieran07

hi do you think Kevin Betsy has a future at the club i don't like to dig at any player but he spends more time on his face then he spends running i know from last season when he's on his game he's great but i don't think he will be here by the end of the season what do you think

hi do you think Kevin Betsy has a future at the club i don't like to dig at any player but he spends more time on his face then he spends running i know from last season when he's on his game he's great but i don't think he will be here by the end of the season what do you think

I've always said that I think he will be gone by the end of the January transfer window....just doesn't seem to have the end product...i.e crossing isn't good enough.

I didn't think he was likely to play again for the 1st team, but looks like he is securely in GJ 16/17 man "playing squad", As such he will continue to figure when required.

I think your all forgetting how poor murray was when he came here, give betsy some time and he will be a good player. How many games has he played for us? 10?

but will he get the chance with Sproule, Murray and Wilson all ahead of him in the pecking order? Maybe a season long loan deal to a lower league club with an option to buy might be the best thing to do with him.

The perils of a good cup run for watching managers and scouts, is that players sometimes raise their game so profoundly that they bear no recognition to their usual form.Imo Kevin Betsy personifies this as he looked very very impressive vs Chelsea for Wycombe before we signed him, and indeed a good many of us forum users looked forward to is arrival with some anticipation.

This is a 29 year old winger who is a genuine journeyman, not an Academy prospect for whom the '20 games and then judge him' rule is more appropriate.

Has been a collosal disappointment and I expect him to go if we can recoup even half of what we paid.

Betsy was signed to replace a 33 year old Murray. The same Murray that this very forum had screamed to have replaced for the past two seasons, the same as the aging Bell. Sproule was signed to replace Betsy who has not lived up to expectations.

With Sproules suspension, Wilson has been first pick on the right , Its getting congested on the right flank with Betsy getting further down the list. At 30 next birthday I cant see Betsy becoming an overnight success here or anywhere. A squad player at best, but too inconsistant to be a permanent fixture in the first team.

The perils of a good cup run for watching managers and scouts, is that players sometimes raise their game so profoundly that they bear no recognition to their usual form.Imo Kevin Betsy personifies this as he looked very very impressive vs Chelsea for Wycombe before we signed him, and indeed a good many of us forum users looked forward to is arrival with some anticipation.

This is a 29 year old winger who is a genuine journeyman, not an Academy prospect for whom the '20 games and then judge him' rule is more appropriate.

Has been a collosal disappointment and I expect him to go if we can recoup even half of what we paid.

As with ES & PJ-KB was far from outstanding in League One and that's why GJ signed not one, but two wingers.

When I look at KB what disappoints me most is that physically, he got all the attributes a footballer needs.Balance, pace, strength, predominately right footed but can go both ways.So why doesn't he do it?

Given the £200k fee I would say that he's GJ's worst signing and he has been a major disappointment.

If we sign another striker and nobody else leaves, I would expect Betsy & Jevons to move on and both will be attractive to some lower div sides based on their records.

Gj whatever he might say was after some players simply to take us up. Targeting players like Reddy and Hayter and Betsy and Holt showed us that clearly.

Having Betsy here was certainly better than having Myrie-Williams on the wing for 20 odd appearances. Enoch hasn't taken his chance. When Betsy gets his, it's up to him. He's got he physical and technical attributes and then it's all down to him.

I know it sounds daft to say, because we got promoted.

But I think Betsy and Wilson rate along our worse signings?

It's all about oppinions. Come on Betsy and Wilson prove me wrong.

I know it sounds daft to say, because we got promoted.

But I think Betsy and Wilson rate along our worse signings?

It's all about oppinions. Come on Betsy and Wilson prove me wrong.

Wilson seems to be OK- good squad player but isn't much good on the right wing. He is a right back- that is where he played well at Cheltenham in League 1.

To be fair to GJ, I think he signed Betsy and Wilson to get us up - and so its not fair to say that they were bad signings. They were both decent mid season signings, giving the squad a boost for the run in - and both playing their part. The fact that his first two targets after promotion were both wide players suggests to me that even GJ didn't see either as Chamionship players - though I think Wilson has done OK.

Archived