IGNORED

Why Was Ashtonyate Banned?

OC 1645

I've just read on the subcider forum that Ashtonyate has been banned from this forum - but why? OK, some found him irksome but he did often provoke some great debates.

I'm probably one of the few that was actually agreeing with Ashtonyate on the big issue of the academy a few years back. The academy was actually stiffling the club with its jumped up importance at one stage. It's the first team that all resources needed to be pumped into and under Gary Johnson that has happened and we've now got a scouting network that we didn't have before when the academy was getting too much priority.

Bring back Ashtonyate. :dancing6:

Hardly ever agreed with anything he wrote........but got to admit its not the same without him. Bring him back.

PDG

Ashtonyate did actually provoke some good reasoned debate on many controversial areas of this club's policies. A kind of agent provocateur with regard to the academy but with many valid arguments.

AY was not banned for his posting style. He was given a few days off initally as a result of the network changes which meant he couldn't get on like many others. For some reason this was taken as he was banned and once returned to being online he took it within himself to start sending links to his new website which called mods and admin on otib 'ST bum lickers'.

I don't take likely to my mods/admin being called that, nor the actions of using the personal message system to stir up trouble.

As a result he is banned until such point as he feels fit to revoke his comments about the admin on OTIB and at which point he'll be able to return.

I will be stamping down on the first attack aimed at AY if he does return, I am *sick* to death of personal attacks on here. It has to stop, and stop NOW.

AY was not banned for his posting style. He was given a few days off initally as a result of the network changes which meant he couldn't get on like many others. For some reason this was taken as he was banned and once returned to being online he took it within himself to start sending links to his new website which called mods and admin on otib 'ST bum lickers'.

I don't take likely to my mods/admin being called that, nor the actions of using the personal message system to stir up trouble.

As a result he is banned until such point as he feels fit to revoke his comments about the admin on OTIB and at which point he'll be able to return.

I will be stamping down on the first attack aimed at AY if he does return, I am *sick* to death of personal attacks on here. It has to stop, and stop NOW.

Fishface! :tongue:

Spot on on all counts Tom. Respect.

I was confused why he was banned but that clears it up. Fair enough.

I've suggested this a couple of times before and I'm not sure what your thoughts on it are but I notice on TFF there's a sticky on some subforum where decisions like this are made public. I think this would be a good idea on otib.

If those decisions are visible to users people can see consistency in the rules being enforced even if they disagree with them. Stops all the conspiracy theories and "waaa they banned me for nuthink just cos I'm not Bristol Boy" whining.

personal messages are read by mods? if so isnt that just a bit to big brother?

PM's CANNOT be read by Mods, unless it is sent to us or we are made aware of the contents of a PM. Mods and Admin have different access.

Anyone who joins the Forum have rules and guidelines to adhere to. Obviously action can be taken when rules are broken.

personal messages are read by mods? if so isnt that just a bit to big brother?

I don't think Tom is necessarily saying that. He may be referring to complaints from others who have received such personal messages; just a thought.

In this instance I was forwarded on two messages from other users on OTIB.

The whole personal message system is generally treated as something that's just that 'personal'. People do forget that they are still posting through OTIB and whatever is in those messages could still land the ST/Clik/User in trouble if alegations are made. For that reason alone ever personal message is stored regardless of users deleting them from there inbox. Admin such as myself and Geoff can gain access as and when required. Mods do not have powers to read them. We don't go snooping but if something like this situation arises then it's a useful tool. If anyone has a problem with then I suggest they don't use the personal message system!

Anyway if could be worse... http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/ind...showtopic=75298

In this instance I was forwarded on two messages from other users on OTIB.

The whole personal message system is generally treated as something that's just that 'personal'. People do forget that they are still posting through OTIB and whatever is in those messages could still land the ST/Clik/User in trouble if alegations are made. For that reason alone ever personal message is stored regardless of users deleting them from there inbox. Admin such as myself and Geoff can gain access as and when required. Mods do not have powers to read them. We don't go snooping but if something like this situation arises then it's a useful tool. If anyone has a problem with then I suggest they don't use the personal message system!

Anyway if could be worse... http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/ind...showtopic=75298

Ha ha. absolute quality!

Thanks for that. Some of your reasoning is why I haven't posted in a long while.

Just a small point of order.

An Admin or moderator decision is not for debate. If a Member has something to say about a decision, they must use Email forum@otib.co.uk. Any attempt to use the forums will be deleted without any notice. Furthermore, the Admin & Moderators of this site are volunteers. Any personal attacks against the administrators as a collective or individuals in any open forum, website or other media will also not be tolerated.

I'm wondering if all you moderators who are here discussing the ban of ashtonyate are subject to your own rules? If so, will you be banning yourselves? How do you plan to let yourselves know?

:fish:

Personally I don't think Ashtonyate should have been banned....

would much prefer that the miserable old gashead sod was either (1) hung up by his goolies (using barbed wire) and beaten to a pulp with a rubber chicken before being roasted by a pair of Orangotangs and then chucked off the Clifton Bridge , or (2) forced to spend a week with the Academy lads reading out his miserable posts whilst allowing the kids to use him for their Anger Management Course.

Now that might not of cheered him up , but I doubt anything ever would , but it would have made me chuckle .

On the "gas" accusation I have several times accused him of being gas and never had a straight answer , any real City fan would be incensed if they were accused on here of that , he never is. Wonder why ?

Its a much more boring forum without him, a lot of what he said was ott but certainly thought provoking, i couldn't wait to see what he would come out with next!

The pandering to the BCFC academy about 4 years back was extreme. Ashtonyate made us think about this and since more emphasis was put on the proper management of the first team and the scouting network and less emphasis on the academy we've 'miraculously' gained promotion. :innocent06::winner_third_h4h:

Archived