IGNORED

Whats Going On With Football Today (merged)

Hydey

On a related subject, what about all the foot related fractures in the last 12 months. Boots or impact?

To be honest i would say meither. I know it may sound strange but please listen. I teach sports science at both college and university level and we have done some research into this topic. I wont bore you with the logistics of it all but here goes. Firstly you comment holds some weight that boots are now made for performance and not protection. The impact that players receive is now actually less than the good old fashioned "hard" tackles that used to go in. Foot injuries as they used to be recorded have now taken on a new life!! They are now 'Metatarsal' injuries. This apparent new phenomenon that is sweeping the footballing community and becoming more predominant in articles is in fact...NOTHING NEW. Players have always had these injuries, however, in the age we live in with people becoming more aware of health, fitness and anatomical issues are more of a fashion statement - although just as damaging as an old knowck on the foot. Players are out for longer as we now understand the body more.

Secondly, the amount players are played is also more frequent. We have guys at college that play Saturday for a club, Sunday for a Pub team, Monday for club reserves as well as training with us AM, Wednesday play for college 3PM and PM for club included in that somewhere is 2 training sessions for their club. The human body is a great object, however, over used and abused can be as self haming as any living thing under the sun.

Why do you think so many players pick up injuries so early in the season. They finish the season and fall into what for them is a semi-sedentary lifestyle, then back into training and a full pre season schedule with only limited fitness work. I am surprised that city players havent picked up that many yet. As a professional i look at their prematch warmup and cringe. That surely isn't enough, granted i do not know what they do before the pitch stuff we see, not a criticism but more is required to keep a full strengtrh squad something along the lines of a more SAQ (speed,agility,quickness) based warm up is required.

Sorry to bore you all

just glad to have a positive input. Interested to hear what people think of my post feel free to agree/disagree with post. Many people discount what has actually changed in the modern game. In a way (non-homosexual) i would love to get my theoretical hands on the first team squad for a month and see IF bars could be raised and challenges be set. don't know how to go about applying for any fitness instructor work as its not something you drop into normal conversation whilst booking tickets for Sheff Weds away!!

I do wonder what impact energy drinks have on the system.

Sorry MLA but i don't understand what you mean by an "Impact Energy Drink?" Could you explain further? These energy drinks that are on the market are all to with the sugar concentration levels. Isotonic, Etonic etc, what is impact?

It's well weird how all this is happening at once. A really strange coincidence that I hope stops here. Two guys both younger than me die and one not much older also dead and one more tonight. The Ray Jones one was different to the others. Don't know why three have collapsed recently. What's going on...? None of them even reaching middle-age or even close.

All I can say is........ these things do happen.. you are still better off leading a life with regular exercise

The majority of people do reach middle age and those that often do sport or some other form of exercise often last even longer...... the unlucky few don't

Nobody has a god given right to live we should all cherish our lives and try to live them to the full

All that said it is a shame when any love one young or old dies...... we all will but that does not make it feel any better

My heart goes out to all that have suffered bereavement....... it's never easy.

Archived