IGNORED

Keogh And Trundle Questions

The Humble Realist

Whats going on with keogh? Is he simply not getting picked /not getting picked cos he hasnt signed his extension/ not playnig so we can sell him, it doesnt seem to make any sense.

Also, after Trundles super brace it got me back thinking to the Yeovil match when he played for us and wasnt techncally our player and i just realised what a big risk it was from Swanseas point of view. Imagine the headlines

"Swan Trundle breaks leg playing for Robins"(excuse the animal pun)!

I think he (Keogh) has a lot to do with Fontaine's form which has been outstanding. Fonts is playing his best football for us and I think it's to do with Keogh breathing down his neck. Can't drop Carey or Fontaine so I guess RK will have to wait for his chance which I'm sure won't be too long. I'm also sure he won't let us down! :city:

I don't think Keogh will play regularly until he signs the new contract-The extension is in place and he won't be entitled to a Bosman when it expires, due to his age.The contract's on the table and awaits his signature.

If Trundle had have been injured, we'd have gone ahead with the transfer and Swansea wouldn't have granted permission for him to play had that not been the case.

Personally I wouldnt be surprised if Keogh leaves. He is at the stage of his career where he needs to be playing week in/week out. He had a decent season last year but was still on the fringes and never looked like dislodging the ever reliable McCombe and Carey. Then, from his point of view, McCombe gets injured and he must have thought he would get the nod, but GJ signs Vasko instead and then on top of that Fonts find his form from his loanee days. Great back up player from our point of view, but from Keogh's point of view, will that be enough? He could probably drop back to league 1 and Capt a side, playing week in, week out.

In general Gary Johnson gives shirts to those who deserve it. Thus if someone gets injured/suspended and there replacement comes in and does well then there's a good chance that they'll keep the shirt and past form/ability does not come into it. Fontaine was in and out of the side last season, probably deservedly so. This season he's had his chance and taken it. He'll know that its down to him to give Johnson a reason to keep picking him. Ditto with the keepers. Weale took his chance and now has the shirt. If he gets suspended/injured i'm sure Basso will keep his position if he can at least show the same level of form as Weale.

Archived