IGNORED

Gary Birtles - So Negative Abouv Us On Sky.

Br 1st ol

I did not find his comments derogatory or biased. His overall perspective for our club was for it to not make a quick return from where it came. Late on he was again precise in his view-point when he mentioned in a positive way about our progression.

Gary Birtles endorsement or knowledge of our club is not of any real significant value to us,I do not though understand why some are so quick to criticise and insult him. I did not find a single thing he said offensive and likewise why should he eulogise about things just to please people.

gary birtles is a knobhead, full stop!!!

can never watch a game if he is commentating on it. everything is negative and 'they should do this, they should do that'. easy when you watch a replay to say that.

he is one of those blokes who you wish would put his money where his mouth is and become a manager, then find out how easy things are BEFORE he gets a chance to watch a replay.

muppet!

I watched the game in Italy, with Italian commentators. So no bias one way or the other. They basically said, in the first half we had a torrid time at the back, we were torn apart time and time again, and looked like statues. Second half we competed, and overall tried to play football. Certainly not long ball. We had inferior players technically, but overall contributed to a good game of football. Man City had that extra touch of class, and had far superior forwards, we were very poor up front and caused no probelms. They picked out Elliot as our best player.

Think that sums up game quite nicely

As for Elliot - Marvelous Marvin again! Worried when the honeymoon period will wear off and we'll see the Elliot the Millwall fans were happy to see go??

I watched the game in Italy, with Italian commentators. So no bias one way or the other. They basically said, in the first half we had a torrid time at the back, we were torn apart time and time again, and looked like statues. Second half we competed, and overall tried to play football. Certainly not long ball. We had inferior players technically, but overall contributed to a good game of football. Man City had that extra touch of class, and had far superior forwards, we were very poor up front and caused no probelms. They picked out Elliot as our best player.

Think that sums up game quite nicely

As for Elliot - Marvelous Marvin again! Worried when the honeymoon period will wear off and we'll see the Elliot the Millwall fans were happy to see go??

wished i'd have been watching Italian tv then, sounds about right!!

And as for Marvin, well he was m.o.m for me and thats including Man Citys players, i really thought he stood out a mile in

that game and did he get a mention from Birtles and whoever ??????

NO... ...... :angry:

Yep - thats the game I saw, a good summary.

Elliot has for me has been our best player in all the 3 games I have watched in full, a class act.

gary birtles is a knobhead, full stop!!!

can never watch a game if he is commentating on it. everything is negative and 'they should do this, they should do that'. easy when you watch a replay to say that.

he is one of those blokes who you wish would put his money where his mouth is and become a manager, then find out how easy things are BEFORE he gets a chance to watch a replay.

muppet!

Totally agree. What we listened to last night was a man close to ejaculation whenever Man City strung 2 passes together. Yes, Bianchi is a fine player, and played well last night, but did no more than you would expect of a striker who cost nearly £9 million playing against a defence that was in the Third Division last season.

I was at the match and saw this thread when i got home before watching the match on telly. To be honest i don`t think GB said much that wasn`t accurate. Yes he raved about Bianchi, but then he did play well and some of the link up play with mpenza was the sort of thing i`d love to see at AG. Sometimes the rose-tinted glasses can be replaced with BCFC glasses and people only hear what they want to hear. He said many a positive thing about City, when it was warranted, which, TBH, was mainly in the second half.

PDG

At first I found the comments a bit annoying, but then I thought about it and decided it was nice that they were taking everything at face value and actually making a straight comparison between the teams, in which Manchester City inevetably came out top.

I would have been a lot more annoyed if they'd been going on about the "great effort from the plucky little Bristol players". They sounded like they genuinely expected us to compete and were a little disappointed that we couldn't quite match a Premiership side. Contrast that with the commentary for the Rovers game, where they were less scathing but clearly never expected Rovers to compete at all.

Archived