IGNORED

Positives From Tonight

iWurzel

After a pretty dire first half display we came out and showed some real guts in the second half and were the better team for large parts of it.

Marvin Elliott was superb all over the park and showed what a quality acquisition he is and will be this season. Sproule showed he can change the game in an instant and make a real impact, and I think we can take a lot of positives from tonight's performance.

Quite happy with the second half performance. Said we'd get beat, but If we played well, I would be happy. poor first half, but the City we all know second half. well done lads, especially Elliott, Sproule, Scotty, Orr and Mac.

Bring on the Wendies!

I agree with the posts above, we did our building reputation no harm tonight, at times we were quality, but the middle 30 mins of the 1st half did show what a gulf there is between the prem and the championship.

But like GJ said there was a lot of positives to take from the game, if we can produce for 90 mins at Hillsbourgh our last 35 mins of the game tonight, Wednesday better start worrying as i think we will rip them apart.

Big thumbs up Lads, you did us proud.

Proud to be a City fan today, the lads did awsome, i think Man City got lucky tbh, we were the better team out there without a doubt.

We might well get a chance to play them again next season if we perform like that every game.

Yes we played well in the 2nd half, but for you to say we were the better team overall, is pushing it a bit.

i cant wait to see the weds game now i thought trundle was quite but man city oviously had orders to make sure he doesnt get in the game after the goals he scored on sat, elliot just looked imense and is my man of the match in my eyes, sproule is going to be a hit in my eyes definetly

That game will do us good.

First half we were well outclassed, totally and utterly - but still only 0-1 down.

Second half, we got at them and caused them problems and matched them.

No negatives from tonight at all.

We were beaten by a quality outfit but showed in the second half that we aren't too far away from a very good season in this division.

A few players stepped up to the mark tonight.

Spot on there. A few Ive not thought highly of did exactly that.

Just got back, am very proud of our lot tonight. We showed just how good we can be. First half we were half asleep, but the second half we were brilliant, and at times, outplaying the premiership boys. Couldnt tell from where I was sat if it was offside or not, but I am informed by friends watching on sky that it was.

Couple of strange decisions by the officials, but we should be used to that by now.

All in all I am very happy with the way we played, glad in a way we can now concentrate on the league, but glad we showed that "other" team in Bristol how it should be done.

Marvin Elliot is awesome, he never stops running (going to get the nickname 'duracell'). Ivan looked a menace and with Byfield to come in we will certainly not be short of pace now!

Man City were quality in the first half but we had a right go in the second.

Well done lads,especially Duracell!

mmmm, proud of the lads???

i know what you mean but it would be nice to turn a prem team over just once, the last 35 min of the first half was dreadfull to watch, we got in there faces 2nd and what we expected took place, i think only elliott played well for the whole game.

some poor performances aswell, gj has got to leave wilson out now, why start wuth him in everygame, we know he will be replaced.

murrey should never play up front, even when he went outwide, he never realy got at anyone despite plenty of chances.

mcindoe had a great shot and the finnish was very good, however, i am yet to see what he does well in open play, he done nothing, apart from leaving orr very exposed in the 1st half, you cant do that against prem teams.

lee j, simple, very poor, i would have brought skuse on at half time.

sproule, direct and looks the part.

trundle, needs the ball round the box, not around the centre circle, all credit to man city on making him drop deep for the ball and keeping him off his left foot, shows they thought the man has quality though.

sheff wed, there for the taking i rekon, get at em saturday, go for the 3 points.

we got to remember, noble, brooker and mcoombe still to come back, byfield will offer sumut differant upfront, sproule in for wilson, murrey outwide for mcindoe, we will be orite this season.

Just got back, am very proud of our lot tonight. We showed just how good we can be. First half we were half asleep, but the second half we were brilliant, and at times, outplaying the premiership boys. Couldnt tell from where I was sat if it was offside or not, but I am informed by friends watching on sky that it was.

Couple of strange decisions by the officials, but we should be used to that by now.

All in all I am very happy with the way we played, glad in a way we can now concentrate on the league, but glad we showed that "other" team in Bristol how it should be done.

Deffo off side Dolls. lino got it spot on. Thought he was wrong till they showed a replay :noexpression:

spot on about the other team.

Tonight showed everyone the sort of team we have to build if we are to eventually get into the Premiership. Marvin Elliot shows he has the speed and versatility to be among the players that can make it at that level and many others played their hearts out to run Manchester City very close. The back heel may have ben offside but to have the confidence to do that at that stage of the game against a team of internationals shows we have class in the side. The ref did miss a certain penalty when Trundle was bundled over in the box and Man City only got back in the game by having a player lie down in the box for fiver minutes when he was clearly not hurt so they could run over to Sven for furtrher instructions.

We will need to get tougher and not fall for such tactics if we are to play regularly against teams at that level but it was a brilliant show by the Bristol City team and great entertainment for the fans. Hopefully we won over some armchair fans on Sky as well and they'll tune in on Saturday and get down the Gate in a few weeks time!

lets face it, it was an absolute peach of a goal to finish us off. We played well second half and I thought that when we equalised we would go on and win. Sadly the goal from us was offside but a brilliant backheel.

We can hold our heads up and look forward to a decent season in the Championship I say.

I, for one, am very proud of the lads!!!!!

Definite game of two halves, well done to GJ for shaking the lads up at half time, and changing the game.

I thought second half we looked superb, creating challenges, energetic, full of ideas. We will do very well in this league with performances like that every week. Especially with Noble, Brooker and McCombe to come back.

Isn't it great to be a City fan at the minute??? :hug:

Isn't it great to be a City fan at the minute??? :hug:

Absolutely, and the step-up in quality from City was a joy to behold.

On a cautionary note City must make better use of their approach play in the final third of the field. We hardly threatened the Man City keeper and must improve our shooting to make headway in the Championship.

Enjoyed the game tonight, echo pretty much all of the above, Elliot was once again superb and compliments our midfield perfectly, I'm fast becoming a big fan. How Skuse can get back into the side i don't know. Sproule looked hungry when he came one (no suprise), full of pace and direct. Man City showed the difference between the two leagues in spells with some slick passing and moving but once we stepped up our game and imposed ourselves, we didnt look second best at all.

All in all a good evening, some good football, and plenty of positives to take into Saturday.

:noexpression:

Archived