IGNORED

Keogh Heads Oop North - Net Centre Comment

cheshire_red

Once again GJ has used his deep freeze tactics to get his way. Keogh is under contract for the season, so whats wrong with that. Who knows where we will be at seasons end.

GJ imo is an achiever, but he's got this one wrong. My question is, why is a one year contract not good enough for Keogh, when he's just signed Byfield for one year, and spent 250k of our clubs money doing it.

Keogh at 21 deserves to be playing first team football and I for one thought an upper level division 1 team would come in for him. Better for Keogh than rotting in reserves for the year.

Now Noble will need a new flat mate, perhaps he could share with Dolly ?

Once again GJ has used his deep freeze tactics to get his way. Keogh is under contract for the season, so whats wrong with that. Who knows where we will be at seasons end.

GJ imo is an achiever, but he's got this one wrong. My question is, why is a one year contract not good enough for Keogh, when he's just signed Byfield for one year, and spent 250k of our clubs money doing it.

Keogh at 21 deserves to be playing first team football and I for one thought an upper level division 1 team would come in for him. Better for Keogh than rotting in reserves for the year.

There is a big age gap between Byfield And Keogh, plus byfield has had injury problems. Keogh Was offered a longer contract and rejected it, Byfield i am sure would have prefered a longer contract but was not offered one. This imho answers your question. The loan will suit both club and player, i think Gj has got this spot on, i think its Keogh agent that has got it wrong.

There is a big age gap between Byfield And Keogh, plus byfield has had injury problems. Keogh Was offered a longer contract and rejected it, Byfield i am sure would have prefered a longer contract but was not offered one. This imho answers your question. The loan will suit both club and player, i think Gj has got this spot on, i think its Keogh agent that has got it wrong.

You and I don't know what was in the 2 year contract for Keogh. It may be ok or it may be less than acceptable, or an insult to his ability. In any event its guess work and I stand by my opinion.

GJ said he was only "slightly dissapointed " that Keogh had not signed the extention. Slightly being the operative word.

Byfield's fee was £100k.

Keogh and Byfield are totally different situations. The club are sure they want Keogh on a longer deal and he refuses to sign it. The club have given Byfield a short deal to limit their risk.

Keogh is not committing to the club, why should he get in ahead of players that are? How exactly does he deserve to be playing in front of them when Carey, McCombe and Fontaine are all better players?

Keogh is a great young player with potential, but he's being badly advised and hurting his career. I hope he sees sense.

christ, its only a one month loan deal. weale was sent out for a month and was back in a week.

at the moment, carey wont be dropped as he is captian and fontaine is well worth his place in the team, and we have mccombe on his way back. so this is a good move for all involved.

keogh gets first team football and, like weale, will have to wait for the opportunity to to win his place

christ, its only a one month loan deal. weale was sent out for a month and was back in a week.

at the moment, carey wont be dropped as he is captian and fontaine is well worth his place in the team, and we have mccombe on his way back. so this is a good move for all involved.

keogh gets first team football and, like weale, will have to wait for the opportunity to to win his place

But its not like that!

Keogh not signing has meant that he has not had the same look in and has gone from being 3rd choice centre back, to 5th - just because he hasnt signed a bit of paper.

Its not looking good. Keogh may get regular football at Huddersfield and decide his future is there - instead of a back up/squad player at Ashton Gate.

Archived