IGNORED

No Better Time To Go To Hillsborough?

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

With the Sheffield media apparently above such things as writing previews for opposition fans, Swindlered has put pen to paper himself this time to look back at Wednesday's recent past and preview Saturday's lunchtime game. Is there, he wonders...

No better time to go to Hillsborough?

With the Sheffield media apparently above such things as writing previews for opposition fans, Swindlered has put pen to paper himself this time to look back at Wednesday's recent past and preview Saturday's lunchtime game. Is there, he wonders...

Good article. Going to be a tough game. Sounds like they are equally good going forward as they are bad in defence.

They've just signed the quality goal machine that is Akpo Sodje too. Awesome player. I'm very scared.

Seriously though, although they're on terrible form and will be under pressure it will still be a tough game. We'll need to stay solid and deny them chances until the pressure mounts then start hitting them on the break.

They've just signed the quality goal machine that is Akpo Sodje too. Awesome player. I'm very scared.

Seriously though, although they're on terrible form and will be under pressure it will still be a tough game. We'll need to stay solid and deny them chances until the pressure mounts then start hitting them on the break.

The next two games will tell us a lot about how far we've come since May. Four points and consolidation looks a very achievable aim. One or two points and we'll be wanting our squad to show some charachter. Not sure that the Wednesday fans will see us as an easy win but it is the type of game they need to win if they're to have any chance of troubling the top six and the type of game we need to get something out of if we're going to be comfortable in this division.

They've lost three games but all three have been against tough teams to be fair and they have to win a game sooner or later. I'm not sure about this one so went for 2-2 in prediction league.

I'm in a fantasy footy league wiht a couple of Owl fans. They seem to think we are their easiest game so farand the win is nailed on as long as they iron out one or two mistakes.

I'm not too sure myself. Would be more than happy with a point at their place, but considering how hard Laws was trying to strengthen the defence I think he knows they have a problem back there. He must be wishing he got the other Sodje brother.

After watching our game against Man City one of their fans posted on rivals:

"So long as that tricky Sproule fella is nowhere near our calamatous left back.

If he starts likkle Tommeh will need a chiropractor at half time."

That's a brilliant comment and their defender is probably having nighmares already!

I noticed Sproule was named 'star man' in the paper last night, not many subs get that honour. :clapping:

That's a brilliant comment and their defender is probably having nighmares already!

I noticed Sproule was named 'star man' in the paper last night, not many subs get that honour. :clapping:

When he came on he put pressure on the Man C defence straight away, it was an instant change when he came on. If he can do that again a dodgy Wednesday defence, happy days!

When he came on he put pressure on the Man C defence straight away, it was an instant change when he came on. If he can do that again a dodgy Wednesday defence, happy days!

Sproule said on arrival that he was keen on using this move to improve his oppitunities with NI. Being that he got picked for the last squad without playing and is now one of the 24 for the next two qualifying games I'd think he'll be desperate to put in a great performance infront of the cameras if he plays tomorrow.

And with Wednesday's defensive unit likely low on confidence after the last few games Ivan could be the player to cause the right sort of damage. Sproule, McIndoe, Trundle and Byfield; that sounds a formidible group of attacking players to have to face, especially after the start Wednesday's back line have had this term.

Lets be honest. If we had Sheff Weds' first 3 games we woundnt have expected to get much out of them.

Maybe a point or two at a stretch

IPSWICH (A)

WOLVES (H)

CHARLTON (A)

On the other hand our 3 were

QPR (H)

BLACKPOOL (A)

S****HORPE (H)

and got 5 points after many would have hoped us achieve this against familiar opposition and 'relegation rivals'.

My guess is we wouldnt be be far from where Sheff Weds are right now if we had their fixtures.

It will be very tough tomorrow!

Beware of the wounded owl (and the new winger they signed today)

Whose to say that Blackpool or S****horpe are easier games than Ipswich or Wolves ?

Blackpool played Wolves off the park last week and even McCarthy said he didn't know how his team got away with it. Blackpool also dumped Derby out of the League Cup.

It's too early to say which are the better teams this early - but one thing is for definite, Sheffield Weds have a crap defence and we have a team who create chances.

Having said that, they are good going forward while we have a decent defence.

It will be tough as you say, but there's nothing to be scared of there if the team play as they can.

Well said.

And I'd argue that our players will be far more psyched up for trips to Hillsborough and like as well, while the 'big' teams of the division (the sheffield sides wolves etc) are more likely to underestimate us. If the views of their fans are anything to go by they'll turn up with lawn chairs expecting us to hand over the three points on a silver platter. It certainly won't be quite that easy for them.

Plus, Scunny had also held recently relegated Charlton away and beat Burnley comfortably at home before we beat them. So alongside us halting Blackpool's 12-match winning streak, we've hardly had a 'easy' set of fixtures to begin the new campaign, and I agree with cynic that with the 'big' teams of the Championship we have nothing to fear but fear itself. They are the ones under pressure to perform, not us.

Wednesday will be a wounded animal, it's true, but I'd rather we travelled up north with form on our side (and with them having played a gruelling 120 minutes midweek) than with them top of the table and flying.

Archived