IGNORED

Worst I've Seen

Will Rollason

a ? here .......

if this had been the last game of the season, and we had needed 3 points to stay up ....

would you all still be grumbling ????????????

playing well is GOOD

playing not so well and getting THREE POINTS is PERFECT.

if you offered me ten performances like that, but 30points i'd take it every time.

:englandsmile4wf:

us play for a while , specially first half :grr: had one shot of note and win away to go top :noexpression:

and thats the positive isnt it? I fear for us though i really do . I know we're unbeaten and top of the league etc etc and i love my

city but we aint going to get away with that every week. GJ is going to have to have a good think about some of our lot, including

his son who was very very poor today and thats being charitable, and decide if they are up to the job.

shoot me down if you wish but i am usually what you call a happy clapper . not today.

yur right ,I'm many aspects but we defended well and that is a big positive.

us play for a while , specially first half :grr: had one shot of note and win away to go top :noexpression:

and thats the positive isnt it? I fear for us though i really do . I know we're unbeaten and top of the league etc etc and i love my

city but we aint going to get away with that every week. GJ is going to have to have a good think about some of our lot, including

his son who was very very poor today and thats being charitable, and decide if they are up to the job.

shoot me down if you wish but i am usually what you call a happy clapper . not today.

Lot's of tired legs today and one or two poor performances but we won and can know concentrate on training for a fourtnight.

We must keep the ball once we got it! The key is movement. In defence full backs and wing midfielders are working very well together but when will we see an overlap in attack?

The dressing room won the match today like Gary said. His verdict of the game was spot on in my opinion.

Nice to see Brian Wilson score. Rate him a lot.

Well done City boys!

3 points is 3 points.

You don't get anymore for playing attractive football or having a higher % of possession. A goal is a goal whether it is hit with skill or goes in off a players backside.

Take the win and enjoy it and be refreshed that with his comments GJ is not getting carried away either. He knows what we did right and what we didn't.

Most of the threat from Wednesday came from dead ball situations where we clearly are missing MccOMBES aerial presence- thought LJ covered a lot of ground, while Bradley Orr had an excellent came and I don't recall too much poor distribution - 1st half midfeiled seemed a little overrun bu Elliott played much better in the second half and we should certainly have scored from the 3 on 1 opportunity.

8 points and 3rd after 4 games is not at all bad- will be a tough test at Coventry..

I'm gobsmacked that some on here think Orr had an excellent game!?

Yes, he worked hard, and gave 100% as usual, but his distribution was, quite simply, atrocious. It seemed to me that every time he played the ball forward, it was either a hopeful hump upfield or a pass directly to the opposition.

Orr definitely had a bit of a 'mare.

Basso & Elliot were awesome, near faultless - even with the later running on 'reserve' for most of the match. If they can keep this level of performance they're going to join the all-time legends.

Carey and Orr were excellent, except for the distribution, Fontaine, McCalister and Wilson quality as well.

What worries me a tadge is the rest - 'lightweights' - don't think anyone of this group won a header, put in a decent tackle, pass or shot. It'll take time to find a pattern of play and understand eachothers game, so let's hope the faults are temporary (although the heading department for this group is a real worry, in attack and defence).

Not overly concerned about LT - just yet - seems to be playing the 'lone striker' due to the lack of impact of the partner so 2, sometimes 3 defenders are crowding him. Give the opposition another striking presence to worry about (Byfield or Jevo) and LT will get more space to weave his magic. We need to sort this quickly though before LT loses confidence.

Believe in GJ to sort it.

Constructive criticism:

My biggest negative from the game was our distribution.

When you're under pressure and holding onto a lead, it's absolutely vital that you are clever with possession. We gave the ball away too cheaply for this level of football which just added to the workload.

City could have made it easier and less tiring for themselves.

I think Gary Johnson will be loooking to address the problem.

Thankfully the gaffer's instilled the mentality of effort and workrate, which won the game in the end.

I'm gobsmacked that some on here think Orr had an excellent game!?

Yes, he worked hard, and gave 100% as usual, but his distribution was, quite simply, atrocious. It seemed to me that every time he played the ball forward, it was either a hopeful hump upfield or a pass directly to the opposition.

Orr definitely had a bit of a 'mare.

it was certainly our day, can't believe carey's handball was missed which should of been a pen and maybe would of been a sending off offence, but Orr's passing is a joke and he should be replaced i don't care about giving 100% effort, i also worry about our left side which defensively is very weak.

I notice a few people are ganging up on Orr - will he be the next forum fall guy (we must have one musn't we?) - when it was plain to see that the worst passer in the team yesterday was Mini-Me - and that was by a country mile. Literally the ONLY time he found a red shirt led to the goal so credit to him there. Given the fact that you now want Orr bombed out does that mean we get rid of LJ as well - and about seven others who kept giving the ball away yesterday?

What I see with Bradley Orr is a player who is improving. People were saying that he was going to get skinned by Championship wingers EVERY SINGLE WEEK when the facts have showed that it is McCallister who we should be more worried about defensively (opposition managers seem to have noticed too with far more attacks coming against our Left Back than the other side of the pitch).. Therefore Orr has improved defensively since last season. What we also know about Orr is that he is very patchy with his distribution although a number of good passes he does play get ignored on this forum because it doesn't suit various people's arguments. If Orr can improve his distribution in the same way he has improved his defending then he will develop into a good Championship player.

As for Wilson - the lad would be decent going forward but cannot tackle properly to save his life, in my opinion, so to put him at full back would be lunacy of the highest order (unless the opposition don't possess a winger who he has to tackle). Orr at least has the basic defensive skills which are the first priority for any full back and therefore must keep his place.

I notice a few people are ganging up on Orr - will he be the next forum fall guy (we must have one musn't we?) - when it was plain to see that the worst passer in the team yesterday was Mini-Me - and that was by a country mile. Literally the ONLY time he found a red shirt led to the goal so credit to him there. Given the fact that you now want Orr bombed out does that mean we get rid of LJ as well - and about seven others who kept giving the ball away yesterday?

I'm no Bradley Orr ( I'd like to see WIlson at right back), but his passing was nowhere near as bad as Lee Johnson's yesterday. Noble is a much better player but I have the feeling LJ will be staying in the team anyway...

Orr is a fantastic defender who seems to improve with every game. His distribution could be better, sure, but his all round play is more than good enough to warrant a place in the team.

Johnson had a poor game by his standards but is still one of our best players. Without him we are severely lacking in creative options, and he does more defensively than people think - he can tackle well and wins more headers than you would expect from a player of his size. Personally I rate him as a much more useful player than Noble, firstly because he's better creatively - Noble is tidy but never actually does anything with posession - but more importantly because he's actually available for selection almost every week.

We were top of the Championship at the end of the game and yet people still moan.. AMAZING. Every point this season counts, this is a survival season for us.. always has been...

Well done lads today... COME ON YOU REDS

P.s, had a great day out in Sheffield

People seem to forget that we played Man City on weds,and to then come up here for an early kick-off and battle like we did was a credit to the teams attitude.

If we can play well for 46 games every season then I'll be amazed,it seems as though some fans always focus on the negative side of the team.

1-0 win,my question is this.

Before the game if you were told that we wouldn't play well but still come away with a victory what would your response be?

Fact is now we have 2 weeks to prepare for a very difficult game,one in which we might lose.

8 points from 1st 4 games is a good return,so forget about who should have one and concentrate on fact.

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0-1 BRISTOL CITY

That is all you need to know

People seem to forget that we played Man City on weds,and to then come up here for an early kick-off and battle like we did was a credit to the teams attitude. Exactly. To have the fitness and be able to battle and defend hard for 90+ minutes is credit to GJ and his coaching staff, aswell as the players.

If we can play well for 46 games every season then I'll be amazed,it seems as though some fans always focus on the negative side of the team. We're going to have a few "bad performances". But if we can have 1 and win away from home against an established championship side then we cant really complain. As GJ has said, we are going to play better and lose.

1-0 win,my question is this.

Before the game if you were told that we wouldn't play well but still come away with a victory what would your response be? More than happy. I wouldve taken a draw before the start of the game.

Fact is now we have 2 weeks to prepare for a very difficult game,one in which we might lose. Personally i think we are more likely to lose the West Brom game than the Coventry game. I think we can get at least a draw at Coventry.

8 points from 1st 4 games is a good return,so forget about who should have one and concentrate on fact.

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0-1 BRISTOL CITY

That is all you need to know Exactly. Last season i would be saying that, despite winning, we need better performances. And, while that is still the case, the main objective is just to pick up as many points as and when we can. Whether we are good enough on the day to or not.

Just a quick note about LJ; you're right, he was very poor and that's as bad as I've seen him play in a City shirt.

However, I actually thought he was superb last Wednesday against Man City and didn't really seem to get much credit for producing the kind of performance many have been asking for, particularly 2nd half. He kept his passing simple and was rarely over-elaborate. He and Marvin Elliot were probably our best two performers on the night.

Credit where it's due and all that.

Noble is tidy but never actually does anything with posession

Errr he retains it and rarely ever loses it. Thats more than you can say for LJ.

Well that's great if your ambition is to draw every game 0-0. Anyone can pass sideways for 90 minutes, but very few players can unlock a defence with a single pass like Johnson can.

My main point about Johnson, though, was that he's actually available to play every week whereas Noble simply isn't fit. Noble could be as good as Fabregas, Viera and Gerry Gow combined, but if he's not available to play then he's not much good, is he?

Just a quick note about LJ; you're right, he was very poor and that's as bad as I've seen him play in a City shirt.

However, I actually thought he was superb last Wednesday against Man City and didn't really seem to get much credit for producing the kind of performance many have been asking for, particularly 2nd half. He kept his passing simple and was rarely over-elaborate. He and Marvin Elliot were probably our best two performers on the night.

Credit where it's due and all that.

have stopped frothing at the mouth now :hug: , tbh i was kind of embarressed for them in the first half because

we seemed so amateurish and maybe i shouldnt have picked LJ out but he is one of our "impact" players and therefore i

expect far more from him than what was on show sat ( yes i know he helped set up the goal). I was more concerned with

our general standard of play really and i don't expect to see GJ's "cosmic" football for 90 mins, just pro players being able to;

1, pass the ball to a member of their own team

2, control a football with one touch

3, retain possesion by executing above.

No doubt GJ and KM had words to that effect after the game.

As for the Man city game, Marv was the best player on the pitch for me , period.

That is all you need to know

thanks for that, it would be good if you could tell me what i need to know more often :noexpression: , what are you ? MI5?

CIA? :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: maybe i wont bother going to games anymore and you can just post the results up for me on a strictly need to know basis.....

thanks for that, it would be good if you could tell me what i need to know more often :noexpression: , what are you ? MI5?

CIA? :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: maybe i wont bother going to games anymore and you can just post the results up for me on a strictly need to know basis.....

Believe me mate,I wouldn't stop going to games anymore just because somebody said something I didn't agree with.

As for your 1st question I'm a season ticket holder who just happened to be at Sheffield on saturday,just like every other away game I go to.

In that case are you just an Andy Gray wannabe

Archived