IGNORED

Willsbridge Back To Winning Ways

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

At Willsbridge Reds Arena, 5019 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Willsbridge started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Vaile - Padilla, Hudson, Edsel, Fabes - Dora, Gómez, Macahan, Griffiths - Veyland, Dowling.

Newcastle started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. Lineup: Williams - Warren, Robertson, McPartlin, Dhannoo - Bongiovanni, MacKichan, Tiffen, Cima - Johnson, Vincent.

Deebakkumar Dora of Willsbridge received a yellow card in the 3rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Martin Robertson got left behind when Willsbridge´s Emmanuel Veyland made a sudden pull forward in the 5:th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 1-0! A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Willsbridge lead up with 2 - 0. Emmanuel Veyland finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Mark Tiffen of Newcastle received a yellow card in the 16:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Bay Cima of Newcastle received a yellow card in the 24:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Newcastle´s Jan Warren left the field after 30 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Abel Vaughan. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Newcastle, bringing the final ball possession rate to 54 percent, dominated the battle.

When Mark Tiffen made yet another studs first tackle, in the games 52th minute, the referee was obliged to book the Newcastle player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. The player down was Kevin Padilla. The Willsbridge bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. Willsbridges Emmanuel Veyland got himself booked after a foul. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Bay Cima rendered him his second booking of the match, and Newcastle had to finish the game with a reduced squad. In the 77:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Neil Fabes dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Willsbridge. The structure of the game started to change as Willsbridge decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Willsbridge lead up with 4 - 0. Lee Macahan finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. 84 minutes into the game Gary Hudson had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Eric MacDonald. Willsbridge held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Willsbridge player was without a doubt Louis Vaile. Emmanuel Veyland on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Newcastle player was without a doubt Roddy Johnson. However, Lewis MacKichan made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 0.

At last I have won my first match!

5158 spectators had come to CITYRGR8 Arena this cloudy day. CITYRGR8 started off with a 4-5-1 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Salguero - Aw, Muthusamy, Cedrés, Williams - Griffiths, Callan, Murray, MacOnie, Kilcline - Schulze.

Heff tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Waser - Hamburger, Kuperman, Hamilton, Clegg - Taylor, Martin, Wright, Morgado - Harding, Hamer.

After a fine move down the middle Mark Murray nearly gave the home side one up in the 3rd minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. CITYRGR8 took the lead by 1 - 0 after a penalty in the 23rd minute. Aidan MacOnie scored from the penalty spot. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Heff´s Forbes Hamer got himself booked. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 26 minutes might have resulted in another goal for CITYRGR8. However, Roger Waser made a spectacular save. Heff were close to putting the equaliser away in the 34:th minute as the opposing defence lost control of the ball in a scuffle in front of the goal, but in the end the ball was cleared over the sideline. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. CITYRGR8 held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

CITYRGR8 were given a penalty in the 46:th, neatly put away by Aidan MacOnie. 2 - 0 for the home side. The structure of the game started to change as CITYRGR8 decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The referee showed CITYRGR8s Kael Kilcline the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After an industrious effort down the middle Ryan Callan could have closed the game off in the 54:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. CITYRGR8´s Mark Murray had an excellent opportunity in the 55:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, CITYRGR8´s Ryan Callan got himself booked. CITYRGR8´s Joseph Williams left the field after 73 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Paul Taylor. Jonathan Martin behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 77:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. CITYRGR8, bringing the final ball possession rate to 54 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating CITYRGR8 player was without a doubt Vairaj Muthusamy. However, Paul Taylor made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Heff player was without a doubt Roger Waser. Stewart Wright on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 0.

well I'm back now. Lovly holiday in California and then I get back and it's 84 flipping degrees in Seattle. Crazy world. nut who is to complain. :dunno:

Won a game though, the other teams in my division have been around for 6 or 7 seasons wish I'd have started in a lower division (I'd assume I'll be in one next season).

We should have a mini league with the 3 of us (or more if I can rope them in ).

Archived