IGNORED

Good Performance Considering

Port Said Red

I know that some people will consider that the City were lucky today, but I feel that defending is a legitimate part of the game and we did that pretty well.

We had players on the line for a reason and they were disciplined enough to do their job and make the saves. I don't think it is realistic to go away in this league and not expect the opposition side to have the majority of the game and make chances so on that score things went as expected.

I thought Sheff Wed were pretty poor to be honest and persisted with those deep crosses despite seeing us deal with them pretty comfortably.

GJ, mentioned a couple of the players being "leggy" after Wednesday and I can't help feeling that we did even better when you consider that Manchester City got the luxury of an extra days rest. I suppose thats what happens when you have a TV company that only really cares about the Prem, calling the shots.

I thought Wilson had an excellent game as well as scoring a very confident goal, Jamie mac and Orr botht got through a lot of good covering work and, although he was a little frustrating, I thought Sproule did well "defending from the front" with his extra pace.

I felt we deserved the win and Wednesday didn't really do enough as the home side to deserve a point.

I agree with you hornbeam red. I don't believe we were 'lucky', you make your own luck in this game when you are as commited and determined as we are. We have a real leader in Carey at the back, and a fantastic team spirit, that will always help results. Good defending is extremely underrated, i don't recall Wednesday getting in behind us once, or pulling our centre backs out of position. All the hard work on the training ground is paying big dividends.

On the defence, i believe (no pun intended) that Basso helps our back line more than Weale, and it appears that the back four trust him more too. One other thing, i am not a fan of Bradley Orr, but i thought he was magnificant today. He needed to raise his game, and he really has. Good man brad, keep it up!

Good defending will always equal good luck.

Archived