STRIKERS (7)

25.Brooker

26.Showunmi

27.Byfield

28.Jevons

29.Trundle

30.Plummer

31.Myrie-Williams (Loan)

With the eight players released by GJ including everyones predicted Partridge & Woodman + six youths and fringe players like Andy Smith-We've now balanced and drastically improved the squad with seven signings.

At a guess, we have commited to spend (Not spent) about £2m, not including clauses or wages and probably doubled or wage bill, at least:

• Henderson
  • Vasko
  • Elliott
  • Sproule
  • McIndoe
  • Trundle
  • Byfield

On what we've seen, despite being 3rd & eight points to the good, there are still some tactical, formation and selection decisions to be sorted out plus one or two "niggles" like Brooker's fitness and Keogh's contract.

The next two weeks may see McCombe, Brooker & Noble come into contention and Byfield get some tough fitness work and possibly reserve team football under his belt.

GJ seems reluctant to chop & change and I don't expect massive changes at Coventry although, I still feel we need to be much stronger in central midfield and that could mean re-inforcements in the shape of Skuse & Noble!

Do we still need that "first ball" centre half in McCombe and will we introduce Byfield alongside Trundle, switching Sproule to the right wing?

We keep signing players to replace Murray, but he keeps coming back like Frank Sinatra!

Will more players move out on loan or come in?

Exciting times!

Couldnt agree more, i cant wait to see how the rest of the season is going to pan out.

And to see if we can keep up with the pace of the so called 'big clubs'.

I think after xmas, it will be a big indicator of how our season is going to go with the players we got!

Danzinio

You've missed Henderson off on your on loan list, as he's currently on loan at York.

And Russell at Northampton-I stopped getting SMS Texts as a protest against costs-Good idea to keep them match fit with no significant regular reserve action.

I forgot about Ribiero he had such a good pre-season, i thought he might of been in contention a bit by now or at least on the bench

I think all the younger pros will have to be content with loans and the odd sub appearance this season barring a major injury crisis.That's another reason we must sort out a decent league for our reserves.

And Russell at Northampton-I stopped getting SMS Texts as a protest against costs-Good idea to keep them match fit with no significant regular reserve action.

I think all the younger pros will have to be content with loans and the odd sub appearance this season barring a major injury crisis.That's another reason we must sort out a decent league for our reserves.

The thing with the reserves, rightly or wrongly, is that the FA don't do the reserve leagues to match the first teams, IE having a premiership reserve league for the prem teams, championship reserve league for the championship teams etc, but they are in area. Now, the strongest team in our reserve league after us is probably Swansea. We've got teams like Forest Green Reserves, Rovers Reserves, Yeovil Reserves etc. All lower league teams. If they did the reserves divisonally then it would be alot better for our fringe players match fitness etc.

Couldnt agree more, i cant wait to see how the rest of the season is going to pan out.

And to see if we can keep up with the pace of the so called 'big clubs'.

I think after xmas, it will be a big indicator of how our season is going to go with the players we got!

Danzinio

We think we have decent strength in depth and then see that Charlton bought on Todorov and Mcloud from the bench on Saturday!

We think we have decent strength in depth and then see that Charlton bought on Todorov and Mcloud from the bench on Saturday!

Well, when you treat your fans properly and put a deal in front of them that enables 18,000 ST Sales + £10m in parachute money + £16m for Bent, that makes a difference.We could learn a lot of lessons from Charlton.

Can someone explain to me what the distinction between a Striker and a Centre Forward is, please?

Whatever it is, we never seem to have enough fit ones of either description?

Whatever it is, we never seem to have enough fit ones of either description?

I think in this case Bristol Boy may have got it the wrong way round.

Striker are thought as out and out strikers who play through the centre and stay up top. Eg Owen Brooker Shearer

Where as Centre Forwards are usually thought of players who play off strikers and move about more, eg Ronaldinho, Tevez, Rooney.

In reality though, its usually just two ways of naming the same thing, like centre half and centre back.

I think in this case Bristol Boy may have got it the wrong way round.

Nope-think you have

Striker are thought as out and out strikers who play through the centre and stay up top. Eg Owen Brooker Shearer

Where as Centre Forwards are usually thought of players who play off strikers and move about more, eg Ronaldinho, Tevez, Rooney.

In reality though, its usually just two ways of naming the same thing, like centre half and centre back.

For me, a centre forward is more of a target man and the old fashioned terminolgy would be a centre forward and an inside forward.In this case, I've used it to define the difference between the bigger-target man-hold up players and the smaller guys who like to play off them-Jevo-JMW-TP would be the best examples although one could add Murray & Sproule just lately.

In reality, Brooker can play next to either (assuming he's fit!) a smaller player or a target man and I would think Trundle/Byfield Brooker/Byfield & Brooker/Showunmi will all work.Didn't like Trundle/Showunmi.

When we seem to get it wrong is when we go with two smaller players up front Jevo/JMW for example as we had to last season when our bigger guys like ES & SB were injured.

For me, a centre forward is more of a target man and the old fashioned terminolgy would be a centre forward and an inside forward.In this case, I've used it to define the difference between the bigger-target man-hold up players and the smaller guys who like to play off them-Jevo-JMW-TP would be the best examples although one could add Murray & Sproule just lately.

In reality, Brooker can play next to either (assuming he's fit!) a smaller player or a target man and I would think Trundle/Byfield Brooker/Byfield & Brooker/Showunmi will all work.Didn't like Trundle/Showunmi.

When we seem to get it wrong is when we go with two smaller players up front Jevo/JMW for example as we had to last season when our bigger guys like ES & SB were injured.

spot on, the centre forward are the more holding up target men players and like to head the ball more often and strikers are the quick smaller ones that usually score more goals

Archived