IGNORED

Lj - Time For A Rest?

brady bunch

Whilst I admit to not being a big fan of LJ's and I certainly think he is good enough for this level, about from one good goal he has been very poor since the seasons start and it was summed up for me yesterday.

Not the step over which looked really bad (I forgive him a little as he was coming onto it at pace and the ball was played at him not in front of him and in the split second he had to decide he chose to let it go to the guy he knew was behind him.)

for me along with his poor passing and being totally muscled off the ball all game was his terrible challenge just outside our box with 5 minutes to go..... it was shocking and on a player who was at the time little threat. It would have lost us 2 points if it had not been for a world class save from Basso.

GJ is a top, top manager and I hope that (even with Russell being allowed to go out on loan - why?) he can see what I think many other fans can see and give him a rest for a few games.

I am certain that LJ will be an asset long term and settle well to this division, but at present he is just too highly strung and is giving away daft free kicks and looking out of sorts.

Don't ask me who replaces him though!! I would have said Russell, but now he has been allowed to go out on load, I cannot think of anyone... Skuse I am not so sure of myself..

Please Noble get well soon....

Whilst I admit to not being a big fan of LJ's and I certainly think he is good enough for this level, about from one good goal he has been very poor since the seasons start and it was summed up for me yesterday.

Not the step over which looked really bad (I forgive him a little as he was coming onto it at pace and the ball was played at him not in front of him and in the split second he had to decide he chose to let it go to the guy he knew was behind him.)

for me along with his poor passing and being totally muscled off the ball all game was his terrible challenge just outside our box with 5 minutes to go..... it was shocking and on a player who was at the time little threat. It would have lost us 2 points if it had not been for a world class save from Basso.

GJ is a top, top manager and I hope that (even with Russell being allowed to go out on loan - why?) he can see what I think many other fans can see and give him a rest for a few games.

I am certain that LJ will be an asset long term and settle well to this division, but at present he is just too highly strung and is giving away daft free kicks and looking out of sorts.

Don't ask me who replaces him though!! I would have said Russell, but now he has been allowed to go out on load, I cannot think of anyone... Skuse I am not so sure of myself..

As I've said elsewhere, I thought LJ was excellent in mid-week against Man City.

Played a much more simple game, and hardly surrendered possession. On the night, he and Elliot were our best two performers and a major reason we improved so much 2nd half.

LJ was very poor at Sheff. Wed and really should've come off because it just wasn't his day. However, while Noble is still injured I think he's an important part of this side.

LJ is a confidence player and on Saturday he looked like a player who didn`t have much. A confident LJ would have smashed that chance that he had into the roof of the net. It seemed to me that he was hiding a bit whereas a confident LJ goes looking for the ball always wanting to be involved. If Nobes was fit then he should be given a go but i am sure that LJ will come good.

i'm a big fan of Lee, but he was ppor on Saturday. He wasn't always available for a simple pass as he normally is and he looked nervy when passing, like he expected to misplace it. I don't even want to mention the step over. An in form and confident LJ is worth having, fingers crossed he makes a reappearance at Cov.

A bit harsh this, he has only played 4 games this season and you think he needs a rest? He is about to have 2 weeks rest with the international break, will that help? He was poor on Sat but is generally reliable and consistent. You have to accept that some games we will be over run and some of our players will look poor. Bradley Orr who has been excellent defensively this season constantly gives the ball away but does he need a rest? LJ will be an asset more often than not this season. The other issue of course is that Marv Elliott is so good, anyone would look quite ordinary playing along side him right now.

He might not have been much use in chasing after the ball, but it was Lee Johnsons vision which started the move which led to our goal.

We could pack the side with players who can defend for 90 minutes, but we have to do something special to break down Championship defences. Thats what LJ does.

it was his perfectly weighted pass that led to our goal. it was loads of similarily perfectly weighted passes that led to him being leading assist-maker for a central midfielder last season.

not the perfect article - but he cost £50k, so we were several noughts off getting the perfect player! When he's off form he gives the ball away a bit and gets muscled out a bit - but still hits his man most of the time with his passing, and is still capable of pinging a ball into Trundle that leads to a goal. Great with the dead ball, too.

Think Noble is more skillful, but would love to get a look at LJ's prozone stats - think he'd suprise a lot of people.

Archived