IGNORED

Crunch Time

DolmanDudess

For me Saturday is the real test. If we lose against QPR then its play off's at best. I will hold my hands up and say I'm wrong if i am but this is my honest oppinion.

Qpr are a good enough side to battle for the points they need and with our recent performances that might not be a very hard challenge for them to achieve.

I hope DW really does make some improvement on the team selections Saturday and stops all this "Tinnion is a pacy left winger" malarky!

I urge every single one of you to make noise from start to finish and really get behind our beloved City. I dont want the team to charge towards the goal at the EE being confronted with 2,000 ugly rangers fans chanting "We are going up" All you eastenders raise that roof and lets get our promtion hopes back on track!

Guest Bootylicious

Totally agree. A point wont be good enough for us, in my opinion.

We MUST go all out for the 3 points.

With 18000 city fans behind them, the lads CAN do it.

Its up to DW to pick the right, balanced team, with players in their best positions and for the lads to give it their all.

Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack!

Its up to DW to pick the right, balanced team, with players in their best positions and for the lads to give it their all.

Then get caught on a sucker punch counter attack :D:dunno:

(And before somone say's it i do NOT mean being attacked by a shop counter :cool::D )

I have not been at all on the teams back recently and have tried to stay up-beat.

However, can only see it being play-offs now no matter what happens Saturday.

EVEN IF we win, you would have to say 2 draws against Swindon Away and Plymouth Home would actually be excellent results.

Then, you couldn't realistically expect more than 6 points from Luton Away, Brighton Home, Barnsley Away and Blackpool Home; to get that would mean a big upturn on current form.

So that is 11 points from our last 7 games. Can't see that being enough to stop QPR getting 2nd spot and potentially Swindon getting 3rd.

It really needs to be about 15 points (from 21) I would have thought to give us a real fighting chance of 2nd spot. 5 wins from 7 after our current run is surely unattainable? :dunno:

At the beginning of the season, a lot of people would have looked at this fixture and perhaps thought that the winners could go on and achieve that top spot. To be honest it now looks as if both teams will be fighting for the second automatic promotion spot - I can't see Plymouth dropping enough points for either team to catch them.

Agree that if we are to go up automatically then we really need to win this game. Perhaps on current form a draw would be respectable however that will then still mean that QPR are two points ahead of us with a game in hand. Effectively all they would have to do then is match every single one of our results to go up.

Having said that though even if we do win QPR will still remain in second place due to their superior goal difference.

If we don't win, then again I'd have to agree that the best we can hope for is the playoffs (yet again). On our day, we can beat anybody in this division over two games. Unfortunately though we haven't looked like being able to do that recently.

IF the unthinkable should happen and Rangers take all three points on Saturday, then that will be four back to back losses. That could knock the confidence out of the team completely, and hinder our play off chances. At the moment Port Vale in seventh place are only 9 points away from us. Another loss and a couple of shaky results, and then who knows what may happen.

Let's just hope that the real Bristol City show up on Saturday and play the way that we all know they can.

Guest east_dundry_red

I urge every single one of you to make noise from start to finish and really get behind our beloved City. I dont want the team to charge towards the goal at the EE being confronted with 2,000 ugly rangers fans chanting "We are going up"

They aint ALL ugly. I was going out with a girl not 2 long ago who was a qpr fan that'sfit she also............................... Erm!........Lets leave it at that. though the other 1,999 are ugly!

saturday is a massive match,we need the big game players to come out and play! i remember the cardiff game last year,seeing how gutted tommy,tins murray ect... looked!!! they will not want to go through that again! we can still do this and i think we will do this! lets make more noise than ever before!!!!

COME ON U REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not been at all on the teams back recently and have tried to stay up-beat.

However, can only see it being play-offs now no matter what happens Saturday.

EVEN IF we win, you would have to say 2 draws against Swindon Away and Plymouth Home would actually be excellent results.

Then, you couldn't realistically expect more than 6 points from Luton Away, Brighton Home, Barnsley Away and Blackpool Home; to get that would mean a big upturn on current form.

So that is 11 points from our last 7 games. Can't see that being enough to stop QPR getting 2nd spot and potentially Swindon getting 3rd.

It really needs to be about 15 points (from 21) I would have thought to give us a real fighting chance of 2nd spot. 5 wins from 7 after our current run is surely unattainable? :dunno:

I've just been doing those end of seasons predictions (like you do every year) and have to agree with this, I've come up with 12 from the last 7 and at least 14-15 is required, can't see Swindon getting third (unless they beat us) they only have 3 home games left from the last 8.

They aint ALL ugly. I was going out with a girl not 2 long ago who was a qpr fan that'sfit she also............................... Erm!........Lets leave it at that. though the other 1,999 are ugly!
Right okay, i'll take your word for it :dunno: "1,999 ugly rangers fans" :D

Slightly off the point!

Good point about Qpr's form being not much better than ours however we have the home 'advantage' and the chance to make ourselves heard. To hear the chants of "red army" ring throughout Ashton Gate will surely fire the boys on?!

Indeed it is now down to Wilson, ##### this one up and it could be all over for City. I hate to say it but i cant see ourselves going up through play off's.... ouch :cool:

Yep they can no doubt whatsoever....

Aaaah now this may be the problem unfortunately...

Come on you Reds, time to Rock N Roll!!

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

How many of the 18000 will still be behind the time if we are not winning after 10mins?

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Me too Taz. But I tend to get the feeling many won't and god forbid we lose then I hate to think the reception the team will get at the end.

Maybe it was thought you were still going out with this girl, and would therefore let love lead the way and sit with her in the away bit, and therefore there wouold be 1 good looking QPR fan, (your girlfriend) and 1,999 ugly rangers fans, and you, making 2000 ugly fans in the away end, and your fit bird being the 2001st.

Archived