After watching the match i thought basso was out standing and

trundle and some very good touches I'm sure he will only get better

and I'm sure sproule willl get better when he gets sharper

all in all good start to the season and i think trundle is a bargin

i wish he was playin in a hibs top

anyway onwards and up wards

c'mon city

bebop city

Basso had an excellent game saturday but i don't know what game game of Trundle's you were watching on saturday. Apart from the touch that set up Beach Boy, and his blocked shot that was travelling and a few other touches, he didnt have a good game. Got knocked off the ball too easily, lost the ball too much and just had a bad game in general. IMO.

Basso had an excellent game saturday but i don't know what game game of Trundle's you were watching on saturday. Apart from the touch that set up Beach Boy, and his blocked shot that was travelling and a few other touches, he didnt have a good game. Got knocked off the ball too easily, lost the ball too much and just had a bad game in general. IMO.

Some people are hard to please, him just being there puts the opposition defenders on the back foot and creates big spaces for our other speedy strikers/wingers and the fact is he has had massive contributions in our last 3 league games where he was heavily involved in all 4 goals, we must remember that he has never competed at this level and like the rest is learning all the time

Some people are hard to please, him just being there puts the opposition defenders on the back foot and creates big spaces for our other speedy strikers/wingers and the fact is he has had massive contributions in our last 3 league games where he was heavily involved in all 4 goals, we must remember that he has never competed at this level and like the rest is learning all the time

I'm only saying what i saw and what others though aswell. Granted he is learning about this level all the time like the rest of our players but you don't see them getting knocked off the ball, with the exception of LJ on saturday but that was the only time i can remember he has had a bad game this season.

4 games in .......

2 goals + 2 assists ......

thats 100% ....... if that continues over the season that 40+ goals scored or assisted ......

at £1m ... that seems like good value for money .......

plus with Byfield alongside him, most teams wont be able to double mark him. ...... which will give him more time and chances ......

far more positives than negatives to look forward to here ........

its going to be a GOOD season

:englandsmile4wf:

4 games in .......

2 goals + 2 assists ......

thats 100% ....... if that continues over the season that 40+ goals scored or assisted ......

at £1m ... that seems like good value for money .......

plus with Byfield alongside him, most teams wont be able to double mark him. ...... which will give him more time and chances ......

far more positives than negatives to look forward to here ........

its going to be a GOOD season

:englandsmile4wf:

Granted he has done well so far but we all know that he isnt going to keep going at a goal and an assist per 2 games. he will go through some sort of drout this season as every striker does. But i still think he can get close to, or break the 20 goal mark. I'm not saying that he is a waste of money, far from it, the stats are there for all to see, i just don't think his performances in thr last 2 games have been what they couldve been. Whether thats down to tiredness or what i don't know.

Byfield looks to be a good signing already. OK, 2 goals for the reserves isnt the greatest feat in the world but it was the first time he had played a proper game with his new team-mates and he has now got some match sharpness and hopefully some confidence. I saw a few of his goals from last season on Sky sports on Monday, and damn, that boy can finish! Good in the air, good at one on ones, can score from outside the area. Could be tough to break up the Byfield/Trundle partnership.

I agree that there are far more positives to look forward to. I am very happy with the start we have made aswell. 1 of only 2 unbeaten teams in the league. Who would have predicted that on August 11th?

Basso was a player I really was unsure about when he first came to the club as he seemed to need a lot of work and just generally seemed to look like he might make quite a few mistakes. He though has really stepped up, he has worked on every aspect of his game and has become a player I really trust in now. If he was ten years younger no doubt a lot of high league clubs would be looking at him. Can you imagine having a 22 year old Basso and looking forward to having him for another ten years?

Trundle again, he has only just started his career here but he is now the one I am unsure on. He has a great record and was undoubtable quality in League 2 and then in League 1 but I'm unsure if the Championship is one step too far or not. £1 million is a big fee especially for a 30 year old and I'm just not sure he can show the same kind of quality he has done in the past at this level. I really hope he does though of course.

£1 million is a big fee especially for a 30 year old and I'm just not sure he can show the same kind of quality he has done in the past at this level. I really hope he does though of course.

Trundle's shown the quality alright, the 2 goals against S****horpe were special and proof that he is certainly not out of his depth.

He can't be expected to execute such masterpieces every week though and will need the wing supply to improve to give him more straightforward chances if he is going to amass a 20 goal-ish tally.

Trundle has been heavily marked and been afforded very few genuine chances but his pedigree has been evident with the classy finishes and assists.

He now needs the likes of the relatively disappointing McIndoe to step up a gear and get the ball into the box regularly.

I'd back Trundle to bury a good percentage of the chances if that happens. :city:

Archived