IGNORED

Trundle V Sharp

Martyn Hocking

It's very early days, but in the 1st month of the season, Trundle has contributed 2 league goals and 2 assists to his new club. Billy Sharp, on the other hand, has yet to break his duck on either count at Sheff Utd and has almost disappeared from view after making headlines every week last term. I know Sharp had a hand injury but even so, that has to be a disappointing start for a player who cost £2m+

I'll come back on this one in another month and see how the two players are shaping up with a few more games under their belts, but I'm not feeling too sore about getting LT and missing out on BS at the mo.

Well_red

It's very early days, but in the 1st month of the season, Trundle has contributed 2 league goals and 2 assists to his new club. Billy Sharp, on the other hand, has yet to break his duck on either count at Sheff Utd and has almost disappeared from view after making headlines every week last term. I know Sharp had a hand injury but even so, that has to be a disappointing start for a player who cost £2m+

I'll come back on this one in another month and see how the two players are shaping up with a few more games under their belts, but I'm not feeling too sore about getting LT and missing out on BS at the mo.

Well_red

Trundle was a great signing but in my opinion Sharpe was one of the best strikers i ever saw at third division level, i'm sure he will go onto bigger and better things, for those old enough, he reminds me of Francis Lee the Man City & Derby striker of the 70s, more than happy with LT though

I will get shot for this but I'm still not sure Lee trundle will score the goals we need for our million pound. yes he has some great touches yes he has set up goals for others and yes he does worry defenders which makes the space for others. BUT will he get in the box for the toe poke will he leap for the corner and score with his head will he score 20plus goals for city this term? Not Sure (yet) Billy Sharp reminds me of a young Bob Taylor and when fit will score the goals. So unfortunatley i have to say The sharp sighning will probably turn out to be the best one. Although saying that if trundle proves me wrong I will be more than happy to eat my words!

Archived