IGNORED

Keogh

Rocky

Love to see the kid stay and I think he's a prospect and a player but so are our other defenders.

I smile to think that in the past we have struggled to fill our defensive positions adequately, and now we almost have a surplus of quality defenders.

Carey, McCombe, Fontaine, Keogh, Orr, McAllister, Vasko, Slocombe, Wilson, Ribiero. Obviously the last three lack experience, but are obviously good enough to be given contracts.

And that's with Partridge just out the door as well.

Keogh is signed up until the end of the season. Whats the problem with that, we can use him during that time. Byfield also has a contract just until the end of the season, but thats alright.

I abhor this bloody mindedness, this male testosterone, have to have it my way nonsense.

Keogh and GJ are great assetts to the club and its immediate future and he and GJ need to make their peace for the club. In two or three years they could both have moved on and we the fans will have another batch of faces to contend with. The club is everything, the staff are hired to operate smoothly.

Supposed "minor" contract difficulties should not be festering for months on end. How minor are they, what are they and why cant "minor" difficulties be fixed in a reasonable time and manner. It would not happen in the real business world, but then again we are in the unreal world of football.

Gary Johnson is stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to defenders and who to play. Weve got 4 players who are more than capable of stepping up and playing well in any league. If McCombe wouldnt have been injured at the start of the season, i think he wouldve played alongside Carey. But now Fontaine is playing regularly and playing well, i cant see McCombe coming back into the side yet unless one of them gets injured or suspended. And McCombe has to hope for his sake that it is Fontaine. Personally i don't see why Keogh cant challenge Bradley Orr for Right back (i presume he is right footed?). don't forget, Orr was a midfielder when he first arrived here and got converted to a Right Back. Why cant Keogh also be converted to Right Back?

I totally agree that Keogh and Orr should interchange and this is the position Keogh should be challenging for. He is quick into the tackle, just like Carey, nearly always wins the ball, is great at coming forward, good distribution with minimal wastage and could laast 180 minutes, let alone 90! If Orr is injured we don't really have true right back cover as these are not true positions for either Carey or Wilson to slot in to

Keogh is signed up until the end of the season. Whats the problem with that, we can use him during that time. Byfield also has a contract just until the end of the season, but thats alright.

It's a completely and utterly different situation. The club wanted Byfield on a shorter contract to see whether or not it works out. The club definitely wants Keogh on a long contract because he's got a lot of potential and a very valuable player.

I abhor this bloody mindedness, this male testosterone, have to have it my way nonsense.

That's not what's happening. GJ is quite rightly deciding to select Fontaine, who is in great form, and is committed to the club longer term.

Keogh and GJ are great assetts to the club and its immediate future and he and GJ need to make their peace for the club. In two or three years they could both have moved on and we the fans will have another batch of faces to contend with. The club is everything, the staff are hired to operate smoothly.

GJ is a far more important assett to the club. Keogh has the potential to be a very good player. So do plenty of others, like Liam Fontaine, James Wilson and Christian Ribeiro. I would like to see the dispute resolved but it comes down fundamentally to Richard Keogh refusing to sign a new contract after we took him on when released by Stoke and gave him lots of first team football.

Supposed "minor" contract difficulties should not be festering for months on end. How minor are they, what are they and why cant "minor" difficulties be fixed in a reasonable time and manner. It would not happen in the real business world, but then again we are in the unreal world of football.

They're obviously not minor difficulties. That means either the offer is terrible (and I'd be amazed if that was the case) or the player wants something the manager can't/won't give - I suspect that is the case and the player wants some sort of guarantee of first team football or release clause if he doesn't get X games.

The player is the one who won't sign the contract, why the assumption that it is down to GJ's testosterone? Makes no sense whatsoever to me and if it's a choice between the two I'll take the promotion winning manager who has us third in the Championship every single time.

It's a completely and utterly different situation. The club wanted Byfield on a shorter contract to see whether or not it works out. The club definitely wants Keogh on a long contract because he's got a lot of potential and a very valuable player.

That's not what's happening. GJ is quite rightly deciding to select Fontaine, who is in great form, and is committed to the club longer term.

GJ is a far more important assett to the club. Keogh has the potential to be a very good player. So do plenty of others, like Liam Fontaine, James Wilson and Christian Ribeiro. I would like to see the dispute resolved but it comes down fundamentally to Richard Keogh refusing to sign a new contract after we took him on when released by Stoke and gave him lots of first team football.

They're obviously not minor difficulties. That means either the offer is terrible (and I'd be amazed if that was the case) or the player wants something the manager can't/won't give - I suspect that is the case and the player wants some sort of guarantee of first team football or release clause if he doesn't get X games.

The player is the one who won't sign the contract, why the assumption that it is down to GJ's testosterone? Makes no sense whatsoever to me and if it's a choice between the two I'll take the promotion winning manager who has us third in the Championship every single time.

You have your opinions Nibor, and you have not altered mine. You and Bristol Boy have a habit of insisting on having the final word, however its about opinions, and I will finish my comments by saying I disagree with you on all points.

He is under contract to Bristol City until July 2008, so what is the problem? As things stand, I doubt that he will sign. Had he been treated like any other contracted player, he might. By July 2008, City might be in the Premiership, or even Div 1. GJ might have left. Nothing is certain in football, so in my opinion, he is right to hedge his bets.

He is under contract to Bristol City until July 2008, so what is the problem? As things stand, I doubt that he will sign. Had he been treated like any other contracted player, he might. By July 2008, City might be in the Premiership, or even Div 1. GJ might have left. Nothing is certain in football, so in my opinion, he is right to hedge his bets.

For me, that hits the nail on the head. There is a comment further up about several players having to sort out some off field activity. I've not heard about that little gem. Can anyone throw some factual evidence on this ?

Byfields an interesting situation, not disimilar to Iwulemo at Colchester last season.

Great season and we may struggle to hold onto him-so it's a gamble that cuts both ways.If he doesn't cut it we don't know what he will have cost (Undisclosed), but those costs will cease next August.

In terms of Keogh, he's a young man who has an opportunity to sign a two year contract-Aaron Brown was in a similar position and, without wishing ill on the boy, RK would do well to consider what happened to him.

It looks like the diffrences cannot be bridged simply or that would have happened already.

He's at a club that appears to be progressing, in a strong squad or one of even ability if you prefer it that way and patience is required-Unfortuneatly, patience isn't a long suit in most younger people and I was exactly the same at 21..........just couldn't play football anything like as well!!

Byfields an interesting situation, not disimilar to Iwulemo at Colchester last season.

Great season and we may struggle to hold onto him-so it's a gamble that cuts both ways.If he doesn't cut it we don't know what he will have cost (Undisclosed), but those costs will cease next August. I think the same could be said for a few other players aswell that have had a good start, especially Elliott.

In terms of Keogh, he's a young man who has an opportunity to sign a two year contract-Aaron Brown was in a similar position and, without wishing ill on the boy, RK would do well to consider what happened to him. Hopefully that doesnt happen. If Keogh does leave us, i hope the club he joins will be a League 1 club and will get promoted to join us in the Championship

It looks like the diffrences cannot be bridged simply or that would have happened already.

He's at a club that appears to be progressing, in a strong squad or one of even ability if you prefer it that way and patience is required-Unfortuneatly, patience isn't a long suit in most younger people and I was exactly the same at 21..........just couldn't play football anything like as well!!

I think Keogh would be silly to move to be honest, he is at a club where the fans really like him, the boss DOES rate him and as said look at past young players taht have moved on and not really gone anywhere the only player that springs to mind that has improved is Matty Hill but that is it and fair play to him.

I don't see where Keogh can go where he will do better int he long term, sure he might do better short term but in the long term I think his best hope is Bristol City FC not a new club in a new City with a new manager where things might not work out why move from a stable home>

Archived