IGNORED

One Team In Bristol Or 2?

Br 1st ol

Arguments for them going down:

1. City will pick up more fans, sponsorship, potential players.

2. It would be very Funny.

Arguments for them staying up:

1. Derby matches are great

2. ?????

So the simple question is:

Do you want the Gas to stay up or go down?

Discuss.

I'm not really into the idea of the Gas getting relegated because as sure as eggs is eggs it would be the beginning of the end of them.

So what!!! ? if they go out of business ... I hear you scream

Well ... my ideal scenario would be. Keep them fighting for league survival indefinitely. We can still draw them in a cup game once in a while to truly rub their noses in it. Plus the day to day pi$$ taking that goes with their pitiful bottom of the basement division existence.

I fully understand that them going out of the league would be incredibly funny, but it wouldn't last forever, my solution would/could. Sadistic, long drawn out pain is far better than a short sharp one on this occasion IMHO. :dunno:

To be totally honest, I couldn't give a to$$ what they do.

The only thing that matters to me is whether we can get out of our current slump and at least start scoring some goals again to give us some hope of pulling a couple of results out the hat when the play-offs come.

I live in the knowledge that the Gas remain inferior; that's as much attention as I feel I need to give them :Sleep12:

Lets be honest. Ask any Rovers fans if they want us to go up and they would of course answer NO. Similarly ask any City fan say whether he wanted the gas to go down the truthful answer would be YES.

No more local derbies would be a small price to pay for the immense pleasure of seeing them as a non league club.

aa bcfc

Guest dez_gimred

really rovers are nothing to do with us...

local rivals sure...but we play them how often people?

doesnt make a difference to us at all...

however it would be good if they werent relegated..surely its beneficial to Bristol to have them and their accademy for the young players trying to start somewhere?

The problem is that city will never be in the same division as them
Do you honestly believe that? If you do then you are extremely naive or have only been a city fan for the last few years.

Football is cyclical and as bladder rightly points out, 'every dog has its day'.

Get them down and out, we have a more fierce local derby in cardiff now so instead of worrying about them we can worry about ourselves going up and getting our derby.

Oops, I think you got that a little wrong. Cardiff are in the 1st, City are in the second. Duh, I think you had better stay in the second for another season and then you can play Swansea and Rovers in Derbies in the third.

Say bye bye to Plymuff and Swindon. :cool::dunno::D

Not being funny but I couldn't care less.

If they go out of the league, then yes it will be funny. However if they stay in the league, then we can still take the p.ss when they lose most weeks.

Like I said though, couldn't really care. It's not as if we're going to be having a real Bristol Derby for a while is it?

Archived