IGNORED

Team V Coventry

Bristol Boy

Assuming that McCombe & Noble come through todays reserve team unscathed and Brooker's still not ready, I reckon we need to do this at The Richo.

4-4-1-1

........BASSO................

ORR..........CAREY........MCCOMBE.........MCALLISTER..........

SPROULE................JOHNSON....ELLIOTT............WILSON....

.......NOBLE..................

.......TRUNDLE..............

SUBS

WEALE

FONTAINE

MURRAY

BYFIELD

SKUSE

Left Out:McIndoe, Brooker inj), Showunmi, Jevons, Betsy, Vasko.(6)

On Loan:Henderson,JMW,Artus, Russell & Keogh (5)

Coventry play Dele Adebole up front and we need a giant to play a giant with all respect to LF.Sproule's tricky and pacey and should have his chance in his natural position.McIndoe's not really done it and Murray's a more effective sub.

When you look at those who don't even make the bench it shows how far we've come since last season.

Another alternative could be 3-6-1

.............BASSO...........

...........CAREY......MCCOMBE...........FONTAINE......

WILSON......JOHNSON......ELLIOTT............SKUSE........NOBLE.........MCALLISTER....

...........TRUNDLE.........

OR 3-5-2 with Byfield coming in for Skuse or Johnson.

Loads of options but, while we've picked up for points away, the performances haven't matched the results, we've been overun in midfield and we need to address that to acheive consistency.

Happy Days.

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McCallister

Sproule

Elliott

Johnson

McIndoe

Trundle

Jevo

Subs:

Byfield

Wilson

Weale

Vasko

Murray

I think that it's time Jevo had a shot up front with Trundle. From the few games they have played together they have done well. For me Noble does not make it and has to prove his fitness still. 45 minutes is not enough run out for anyone to be ready for first team action.

Wilson although did well Saturday has not performed week in week out so I would go with Sproule. To me this team is balanced and should we need pace or another striker we have that on the bench.

Just wondering how we stop getting overrun in midfield or are you going for a 4-3? :dunno:

I'd hope that having two real forwards up top for the first time this season would make the ball stick better and take the pressure off Trundle meaning it's loose in midfield less.

We don't need to play one over in midfield to compete in this division, Elliot + either Johnson or Noble is good enough to give most teams a run for the money IMO. Elliott's dominated the middle in half the games so far. McIndoe does his share of defensive work as does Murray on the right.

I'd go for:

---------------Basso--------------------

Orr------Carey----Fontaine--McAllister

Murray----Elliott----Johnson--McIndoe

-----------Byfield---Trundle-------------

Weale

McCombe

Wilson

Noble

Sproule

Start positively and then switch it to 451 in the second half if we're ahead.

I'd hope that having two real forwards up top for the first time this season would make the ball stick better and take the pressure off Trundle meaning it's loose in midfield less.

Stickability up front will help

We don't need to play one over in midfield to compete in this division, Elliot + either Johnson or Noble is good enough to give most teams a run for the money IMO. Elliott's dominated the middle in half the games so far. McIndoe does his share of defensive work as does Murray on the right.

Those games were both at home and that's my concern.I'm not being a killjoy but although we've picked up four points in those games we've not looked good and should, not could, have lost them both.

I'd go for:

---------------Basso--------------------

Orr------Carey----Fontaine--McAllister

Murray----Elliott----Johnson--McIndoe

-----------Byfield---Trundle-------------

Weale

McCombe

Wilson

Noble

Sproule

Start positively and then switch it to 451 in the second half if we're ahead.

As it's away, I reckon GJ will go with Wilson on the right as he's a bit more solid defensively and was our matchwinner at Weds.GJ saw Adebola highlighted on the TV when he wa a guest and must be considering bringing back the giant to combat that, tough on LF as that is!

Cracking bench though and that's without Brooker, Vasko, Showunmi, Jevo, Betsy.............

Wilson has just played a blinder and you are all (other than BB) dropping him ?

We are AWAY to the league leaders so need to balance the midfield with both defensively minded (Elliot , Wilson) players and attack minded (Johnson , McIndoe) players. Noble on the bench to possibly replace Johnson at some point plus Murray or Sproule.

Defense should be Orr , Carey , Fontaine & MacAllister with McComb on the bench , Fontaine has been excellent and to drop him as soon as McComb is fit sends the wrong message.

Goal the one and only Basso. Weald as sub.

Up front Trundle and either Jevons or Byfield , depending on fitness with the intention of both of them getting time on the pitch.

I would go for:

GK: Basso

RB: Orr

CB: Carey

CB: Fontaine

LB: McAllister

RW: Wilson

CM: Skuse

CM: Elliot

LW: McIndoe

AM: Johnson

CF: Trundle

S1: Weale

S2: McCombe / Vasko (Depending on fitness)

S3: Noble

S4: Sproule

S5: Byfield

This means leaving out Vasko, Betsy, Murray, Jevons, Showunmi plus the lads that are out loan. However it does show the strength of the squad, I chose LJ because I think he's the only one so far who's linked up with LT23 and feel they could be dangerous with the pace of McIndoe & Wilson on the wings not to mention Sproule later on.

.........BASSO.............

ORR............MCCOMBE.....CAREY........McALLISTER

SPROULE...........JOHNSON.ELLIOTT.........McINDOE

.............BYFIELD...........TRUNDLE..........

subs

weale

jevons

murray

wilson

fontaine

I want to agree with you, only question for me is what has Fontaine done wrong in order to get dropped?

I want to agree with you, only question for me is what has Fontaine done wrong in order to get dropped?

Absolutely nothing, but neither did Weale and on the basis of horses for courses, I'd pick McCombe to combat Adebole and beef up the midfield after we've been over-run twice away, especially Saturday.

The problem is GJ signed two wingers and we need more stength in midfield (Noble) and to win the first ball at the back (McCombe).

On top of that Byfield should partner Trundle as we need to hold it up more up front

:superman: This is a job for :superman: 3-5-2man

.......BASSO........................

..........CAREY..............MCCOMBE.....FONTAINE............

WILSON............JOHNSON.........ELLIOTT.........NOBLE...........MCALLISTER.........

.................BYFIELD..........TRUNDLE..............

SUBS

WEALE

MURRAY

SPROULE

SKUSE

ORR

It's far too early for a thread like this let alone call for Noble and McCombe to immediately walk back into the team. Saying that, I expect McCombe will probably come in place of Fontaine given he completed 90mins for the reserves yesterday and I envisage that being the only change. So...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Basso - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Orr - - - - - Carey - - - - - McCombe - - - - - McAllister

Wilson - - - Johnson - - - - Elliott - - - - - - - McIndoe

- - - - - - Sproule - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Trundle - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bench: Weale, Fontaine, Noble, Skuse, Byfield.

That wouldn't be my first choice XI but GJ seems to be a fan of the 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it' team ethos hence I don't expect radical changes.

Archived