IGNORED

Similarities To Forest 70's

Rich

That result at White Hart Lane soon became a legendary East End chant......

1-2-3-4-5....6-7-8-9...Tottenham !!!!!!!!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

ahhhhhhhnd this is true mind...my second team is Tottenham...having an uncle living a stones throw from White Hart Lane meant i got to watch them when i was a lad...was peed off about the "9" goals but it was Spurs so i lived with it..still was embarassing though.. :noexpression:

ahhhhhhhnd this is true mind...my second team is Tottenham...having an uncle living a stones throw from White Hart Lane meant i got to watch them when i was a lad...was peed off about the "9" goals but it was Spurs so i lived with it..still was embarassing though.. :noexpression:

Did Spurs buy Gary Mabbutt from you soon after that game?

We would have to find a striking partnership that works as well as Woodcock and Withe before we could even start to compare with that team. They were not only quick on the break but they were ruthless in front of goal, the most effective side I saw in the whole of time in the old 1st division. It was like blitzkrieg when they attacked, the most dangerous times for our defence was when we had a corner up their end of the pitch!

Absolutely spot on, without doubt the best team i have ever seen at AG in my time of supporting city was the Forest team of 78, don't forget also that Clough & Taylor also got Derby promoted from the 2nd division to then become champions of England in the early 70s, without doubt Clough was the greatest manager of my generation, to get 2 such unfashionable clubs to be champions and thats not even mentioning champions of Europe twice, how many times has Fergie done that?

how many times has Fergie done that?

Fergie has never done that. The Brian Clough and Peter Taylor partnership ranks just behind Herbert Chapman and Alf Ramsey as the greatest football management in the history of English club football.

Alf Ramsey took unfashionable Ipswich from Div 3 to top flight Champions (and won England the world cup as manager).

Herbert Chapman - made unfashionable Huddersfield Town top flight champions then made the then unfashionable Arsenal top flight champions on many occasions.

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor - made unfashionable Derby and then Forest top flight champions.

In the 120 years of English league football those are THE greatest managerial names in my opinion.

I am not so sure about them not having any big stars, wasn't Trevor Francis the first £1,000,000 player?

Although widely reported at the time and recognised today as the First million pond player, Trevor Francis was bought by Nottingham forest for the sum of 999, 999 pounds.

Brian Clough refused to be the first person to spend one million pounds on a player! strange but true

Although widely reported at the time and recognised today as the First million pond player, Trevor Francis was bought by Nottingham forest for the sum of 999, 999 pounds.

Brian Clough refused to be the first person to spend one million pounds on a player! strange but true

ALSO TREVOR FRANCIS WAS NOT BOUGHT UNTILL AFTER FOREST HAD WON THE LEAGUE.

ALSO TREVOR FRANCIS WAS NOT BOUGHT UNTILL AFTER FOREST HAD WON THE LEAGUE.

Thats right, and i was there when i think he made his home debut against the mighty Bristol City, we lost 2-0, i don't think we got in there half all game, travelled up on a "special" by rail, those special trains used to be a great crack

Thats right, and i was there when i think he made his home debut against the mighty Bristol City, we lost 2-0, i don't think we got in there half all game, travelled up on a "special" by rail, those special trains used to be a great crack

what's this the Clough and Taylor appreciation society ? what about the similarities with City ,unfashionable,with the potential to be as big as Forest ,dogged manager,play in red and white, similar sized cities with two teams (one crap).And Clough didn't do all that overnight.So with the momentum we now have and a fair bucket of luck,why not?. So punnet and oc get back to the original thread please.: :10_1_108::punish::10_1_108:

what's this the Clough and Taylor appreciation society ? what about the similarities with City ,unfashionable,with the potential to be as big as Forest ,dogged manager,play in red and white, similar sized cities with two teams (one crap).And Clough didn't do all that overnight.So with the momentum we now have and a fair bucket of luck,why not?. So punnet and oc get back to the original thread please.: :10_1_108::punish::10_1_108:

You've associated Gary Johnson with Brian Clough's Forest, while I'd like to associate Gary Johnson with Alf Ramsey's fantastic achievement at Ipswich. From Div 3 mediocrity to top flight champions in a 6 year period !!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Anyway, Ipswich Suffolk - like Bristol - supported Oliver Cromwell while Nottingham supported the tyrant traitor King Charles I during the civil war and the Notts SCABs also firmly supported the High Priestess of the Tories during the Miners' Strike - Dame Margaret Hilda Thatcher she be the witch of the Fens.

No more associations with Nottingham please. :innocent06:

You've associated Gary Johnson with Brian Clough's Forest, while I'd like to associate Gary Johnson with Alf Ramsey's fantastic achievement at Ipswich. From Div 3 mediocrity to top flight champions in a 6 year period !!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Anyway, Ipswich Suffolk - like Bristol - supported Oliver Cromwell while Nottingham supported the tyrant traitor King Charles I during the civil war and the Notts SCABs also firmly supported the High Priestess of the Tories during the Miners' Strike - Dame Margaret Hilda Thatcher she be the witch of the Fens.

No more associations with Nottingham please. :innocent06:

I was not associating Bristol to Nottingham but to it's past football team. You could not possibly compare lace makers,

shire reefs, scabs and an excess of females to our wonderful City and County. PS. didn't Bristol flit between royalty and parliamentary forces?

Thank you. Now what happened in the Bristol riots (1830s not 1980s) teach.

Queen Square Riots, Bristol 1831

The Bristol Riots of 1831 took place after the Toff and Snob ridden House of Lords rejected the second Reform Bill, which aimed to get rid of some of the rotten boroughs and give Britain's fast growing industrial towns such as Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, Bradford and Leeds, greater representation in the House of Commons. Bristol had been represented in the House of Commons since 1295, however by 1830 only 6,000 of the 104,000 population had the vote.

Local Toff/Snob lowlife magistrate Sir Charles Wetherall - a strong opponent of the Reform Bill - visited Bristol to open the new Assize Courts on 29th October. He threatened to imprison participants in a disturbance going on outside, and an angry Bristolian mob chased him to the Mansion House in Queen Square. :clapping: The magistrate escaped in disguise but the Mayor and officials were besieged in the Mansion-house. :icecream:

The rioters numbered about 500 or 600 young men and they continued rioting for three days, during which the palace of the Bishop of Bristol, the mansion of the Lord Mayor of Bristol, and unpopular citizens' private homes and property were looted and destroyed, along with demolition of much of the gaol. The gaol was a particularly hated symbol of Royalist authority as it had been used by corrupt Royalist Magistrates and Judges to subjugate, coerce and control Bristolians found 'guilty' of the most menial offences.

Lieutenant-Colonel Thomas Brereton of the Royalist Dragoons led a charge with drawn swords through the mob in Queen Square. Hundreds were killed and wounded and the mob dispersed. Brereton was later court-martialled for leniency because he had refused to open fire on the crowds, but shot himself before the conclusion of the trial. Four men were hanged despite a petition of 10,000 Bristolian signatures which was given to the German descended imposter Monarch - King William IV.

King William's Royalist Dragoons attacking a crowd of Bristolians on 31st October, 1831.......

PRbristolriot.jpg

Queen Square Riots, Bristol 1831

The Bristol Riots of 1831 took place after the Toff and Snob ridden House of Lords rejected the second Reform Bill, which aimed to get rid of some of the rotten boroughs and give Britain's fast growing industrial towns such as Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, Bradford and Leeds, greater representation in the House of Commons. Bristol had been represented in the House of Commons since 1295, however by 1830 only 6,000 of the 104,000 population had the vote.

Local Toff/Snob lowlife magistrate Sir Charles Wetherall - a strong opponent of the Reform Bill - visited Bristol to open the new Assize Courts on 29th October. He threatened to imprison participants in a disturbance going on outside, and an angry Bristolian mob chased him to the Mansion House in Queen Square. :clapping: The magistrate escaped in disguise but the Mayor and officials were besieged in the Mansion-house. :icecream:

The rioters numbered about 500 or 600 young men and they continued rioting for three days, during which the palace of the Bishop of Bristol, the mansion of the Lord Mayor of Bristol, and unpopular citizens' private homes and property were looted and destroyed, along with demolition of much of the gaol. The gaol was a particularly hated symbol of Royalist authority as it had been used by corrupt Royalist Magistrates and Judges to subjugate, coerce and control Bristolians found 'guilty' of the most menial offences.

Lieutenant-Colonel Thomas Brereton of the Royalist Dragoons led a charge with drawn swords through the mob in Queen Square. Hundreds were killed and wounded and the mob dispersed. Brereton was later court-martialled for leniency because he had refused to open fire on the crowds, but shot himself before the conclusion of the trial. Four men were hanged despite a petition of 10,000 Bristolian signatures which was given to the German descended imposter Monarch - King William IV.

King William's Royalist Dragoons attacking a crowd of Bristolians on 31st October, 1831.......

PRbristolriot.jpg

And when you read what happened to some of the rioters ie: deportation and imprisonment if they weren't killed,disgusting.I didn't think there were hundreds killed though.What are your thoughts on the slavery debate?

And when you read what happened to some of the rioters ie: deportation and imprisonment if they weren't killed,disgusting.I didn't think there were hundreds killed though.What are your thoughts on the slavery debate?

Rich, you've definately done well to get me back on my soap box on this subject. I've now posted this topic on my Subcider Red Goblin Corner and also on the non-footie section of this website. :winner_third_h4h:

The leaders of Bristol City Council have apologized for Bristol's involvement in the African slave trade and the slave trade in this country was abolished 200 years ago. The Queen - as the modern day leader of the Royalists - together with Bristol's Magistrates and the Bristol district circuit judges should make the apology for the massacre of our fellow Bristolians that occurred in Queens Square 176 years ago.

Rich, you've definately done well to get me back on my soap box on this subject. I've now posted this topic on my Subcider Red Goblin Corner and also on the non-footie section of this website. :winner_third_h4h:

The leaders of Bristol City Council have apologized for Bristol's involvement in the African slave trade and the slave trade in this country was abolished 200 years ago. The Queen - as the modern day leader of the Royalists - together with Bristol's Magistrates and the Bristol district circuit judges should make the apology for the massacre of our fellow Bristolians that occurred in Queens Square 176 years ago.

I think you will find that the leaders of the city council expressed their regret over the slave trade but fell short of offering a formal apology for our city's involvment in the trade (unless they've just announced it). Anyway I think the rioters of the 19th C in both Bristol and Manchester should be apologized to and both cities should recieve pardons for anyone convicted in those riots from the royal household, and maybe a bit of cash as well. :preacher::englandsmile4wf:

Archived