IGNORED

Major Announcement

Pete1975Legend

I don't see it being the contracts of Millen and Johnson being the major news, as it says they signed prior to the press conference, so it's got to be something else surely

No really, *thats it*

Whats wrong with some people. It was rather obvious that it would be Johnson and Millen signing new deals, yet we have people speculating possible takeovers and redevelopment plans :doh:

We knew Gary Johnson was about to sign - So the major announcement is a disappointment - because we all knew this for weeks.

I think the club have gone over the top - Thinking we're big time - thats what is smells like to me.

This news wasnt major, it was expected! so excuse me for thinking the 'Major announcement' was something else....

what a massive disappointment this "press conference" was! Why not just release a statement saying that they have signed?! Once this has settled down, whoever's idea it was to go over the top like this must surely feel a bit embarrassed!

I have to agree.

It is fantastic news that GJ has signed until 2010, but a press conference?? Stupid.

Perhaps they're as bored as the rest of us with the 2 week break!

Well that was a bit of an anti climax

No it wasn't. We all knew exactly what was going to be announced.

Why are people calling it an embarrassment? I'm baffled. Do we not have a grasp of reality?

It's been bloody obvious what was going to be announced, and clearly there was enough interest from the press to merit a press conference. I'm sure every single member of the press turning up at that conference knew what was going to be announced; if it wasn't news-worthy they wouldn't have turned up.

The conference will give all the local (and national, now we're in the Championship) press a first opportunity to get an official comment from Steve, Gary and Keith, and conduct any interviews they want to. That's what press conference's are for.

How the hell is that embarrassing or stupid?

No it wasn't. We all knew exactly what was going to be announced.

Why are people calling it an embarrassment? I'm baffled. Do we not have a grasp of reality?

It's been bloody obvious what was going to be announced, and clearly there was enough interest from the press to merit a press conference. I'm sure every single member of the press turning up at that conference knew what was going to be announced; if it wasn't news-worthy they wouldn't have turned up.

The conference will give all the local (and national, now we're in the Championship) press a first opportunity to get an official comment from Steve, Gary and Keith, and conduct any interviews they want to. That's what press conference's are for.

How the hell is that embarrassing or stupid?

Well, if you're right about it meriting a press conference and it being for the press, why put a cryptic anouncement on the website for all to read? Why not just invite the press and tell the rest of us all about it afterwards?

To a certain extent the leaking of the story before the actual event is symptomatic of the way publicity works today.

If you think of the way politicians work these days you'll know what I mean. Listen to the TV and radio and count the number of times that a "news" piece starts with saying what a politician is "expected to say later today in a speech or at a press conference".

I sometimes wonder why they bother with the speech at all, there are so few of them that could be actually considered good orators they would be better of just leaving their points in the news bulletin.

Well, if you're right about it meriting a press conference and it being for the press, why put a cryptic anouncement on the website for all to read? Why not just invite the press and tell the rest of us all about it afterwards?

Ok, so the club decided to milk it! But they always milk these things.

I just think the reaction of some fans is a bit silly.

I don't think they milked it enough, GJ is an absolute GOD, and KM is one of his loyal disciples. I'm just surprised this didn't make the main news, its heroic news!!!!!!!1

So it's OK for the club to "milk" this fairly uninteresting contractual stuff but the fans who reacted to this "major announcement" that never was are being "a bit silly".

Don't you think that your moral compass has been completely corrupted by this society when the club can be dishonest but you blame fans for over-reacting?

It doesn't have to be like this.

Archived