IGNORED

New East End

churchill ciderhead

What are your thoughts?

The new stand being named after Mr. Landsdown. He's done a great job at City, and if he bought the new stand himself, he would have every right to have his name on the stand! (E.G. Dolman)

If I had the money, I would certainly do it! All I can afford is one brick!

I think the stand should be built ASAP! It will go up and up in cost, the longer we wait. Also if crouds keep increasing, its better to get it done now not later!

How about the Micky Bell End? :laugh:

You obviously did'nt know Micky Bell does not have the massive millions that Mr. Lansdown has!

Mr. Lansdown has done 1 million times more for this club than you have!!!!!

Mr. Lansdown has made mistakes like anybody. But I don't see anybody else coming forward and putting the time and his own money in that he has!

He promised us CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL. He has given us it again!

You obviously did'nt know Micky Bell does not have the massive millions that Mr. Lansdown has!

Mr. Lansdown has made mistakes like anybody. But I don't see anybody else coming forward and putting the time and his own money in that he has!

woosh

woosh

All I am saying is if he spent his money on it it would rightfully be the Landsdown End.

If you wanted to add Wedlock or Some old hero then add to the end of the name.

Everybody wants him to put his multi millions into the club, but then are the first people to put him down.

Lets stay as we are and Mr. Landsdown can keep his money to himself. we will then go no further.

You cannot expect somebody to put their money into the club and get no respect for it!

All I am saying is if he spent his money on it it would rightfully be the Landsdown End.

Everybody wants him to put his multi millions into the club, but then are the first people to put him down.

Lets stay as we are and Mr. Landsdown can keep his money to himself. we will then go no further.

You cannot expect somebody to put their money into the club and get no respect for it!

Good point, i was actually going to suggest changing our name to the Lansdown Super Reds, afterall he is only doing this to get something out of it. Certinaly not because he loves the club and it's his passion, to see the club be succesful is his only reward!!!

What are your thoughts?

The new stand being named after Mr. Landsdown. He's done a great job at City, and if he bought the new stand himself, he would have every right to have his name on the stand! (E.G. Dolman)

If I had the money, I would certainly do it! All I can afford is one brick!

I think the stand should be built ASAP! It will go up and up in cost, the longer we wait. Also if crouds keep increasing, its better to get it done now not later!

Unless they change the design I think you will find the new build has only a few more seats than the existing.

How much of his own money has he actually donated to the club? And how much has he loaned the club that eventually he will get back.

The EE to me will always be known as the EE but I would like it to be officially called the East End Wedlock Stand or something similar.

How much of his own money has he actually donated to the club? And how much has he loaned the club that eventually he will get back.

The EE to me will always be known as the EE but I would like it to be officially called the East End Wedlock Stand or something similar.

buy a share, go to the agm and ask the question.

Why not call it the "give the advantage to the opposition end" as surely that is what Lansdown and Sextone want?

Why else would they stop City fans buying tickets in the loudest part of the ground?

Oh yeah, cos a couple of 16 year olds gestured to each other. That'll be it.

Why not call it the "give the advantage to the opposition end" as surely that is what Lansdown and Sextone want?

Why else would they stop City fans buying tickets in the loudest part of the ground?

Oh yeah, cos a couple of 16 year olds gestured to each other. That'll be it.

trust you to cheer me up; ta pal :clap::chant6ez:

Yeah Lansdown has done a lot for us but how can we surpass those who have represented the club for the national team? I want it to be called the Billy Wedlock stand, especially as the pub is set to be bulldozed. It would be a fitting homeage for many years to come IMO and if SL guides us to the Premiership then he can lay claim to the naming rights for the new Williams Stand.

why not rename the kop while you are at as well

could even change the name of the club to Lansdown's financial advisors F.C.

lets face it football isn't about being a club with a history or a team game with everybody working for each other

its just about how much cash you can cough up

respect isn't earned any more it's just bought

who knows these days?

naming it after a player is also wrong

all our players are important

this cult of individualism is not needed in football

players don't win trophies, teams win trophies.

I'm not so sure. I think for those who really do honour the club it's applicable. Not sure we've had any to the same level of Fatty Wedlock or John Atyeo mind you.

I'm not so sure. I think for those who really do honour the club it's applicable. Not sure we've had any to the same level of Fatty Wedlock or John Atyeo mind you.

we will get players like them again, why not?

The east end is a name the fans have made up for themselves for this stand,

why impose a new one on the collective will of the fans?

Wedlock could be honoured elsewhere in the ground in a bar or suite... or even a statue (not that I endorse such things - only for dead monarchs and the unknown soldier).

we will get players like them again, why not?

The east end is a name the fans have made up for themselves for this stand,

why impose a new one on the collective will of the fans?

Wedlock could be honoured elsewhere in the ground in a bar or suite... or even a statue (not that I endorse such things - only for dead monarchs and the unknown soldier).

Did the fans give it the lable though? I just assumed it's always been the East End. What was it before?

Archived