IGNORED

Just Back From The Reserves....

Komazawa

Not much to report really. Pretty quite 2-1 defeat.

Great move for our goal. Lovely ball in from Betsy and great strike from Skuse, both of whom I'd say we're our best players. Jev + Byfield were quiet up front. Plummer didnt get in the game at all. Noble didnt look fit. McCoombe looks ready to re-enter the first team squad.

I was there and let's be frank, that was a pathetic effort considering the calibre of the opposition.

Betsy's spell in the second half when he consistently beat his man and plenty of efort from Byfield were about the only positives, bar of course Skuse's stunning goal. There is a reason some of these players aren't in the first team and we saw why tonight.

I was there and let's be frank, that was a pathetic effort considering the calibre of the opposition.

Betsy's spell in the second half when he consistently beat his man and plenty of efort from Byfield were about the only positives, bar of course Skuse's stunning goal. There is a reason some of these players aren't in the first team and we saw why tonight.

I'm interested in how McCombe & Noble did?

I'm interested in how McCombe & Noble did?

Mccombe looked pretty solid at the back and came forward towards the end of the match as a makeshift striker. Noble looked lacking match fitness to me and was lucky to not get booked second half. Cant see either playing yet although Mccombe could warm the bench on Saturday.

A pretty average game really. Not much happened throughout. A draw would've been fair as no team was better than the other.

Chris Weale: Good game with not much to do to be fair.

Nick Dunn: Looked very comfortable. Got a few more experienced players out of jail in the first half. Would have given him the MOTM award if it was my choice.

Martin Slocombe: So-so I thought. Came into the game more in the second half.

Luke Wilkinson: Average. Not bad but not particularly good.

Jamie McCombe: Despite his own goal looked solid and made a few crucial tackles.

Cole Skuse: Came into the game more in the second half. Lots of bad passes in the first half. Brilliant goal though.

Kevin Betsy: Was all over the place on the right, managed to play well on the left.

David Noble: Not at all ready to get back into the starting line-up.

Darren Byfield: All over the place. Good first touch but doesn't seem to know what position he's playing in.

Phil Jevons: Never got into the game at all.

Tristan Plummer: A few good touches but not much else.

Rob Stambolsiev: Shaky on the ball but gets himself into a lot of space and chases the ball around a bit.

Ashley Kington: Not enough to say really. Had a good shot but was only on about 9 minutes.

A pretty average game really. Not much happened throughout. A draw would've been fair as no team was better than the other.

Chris Weale: Good game with not much to do to be fair.

Nick Dunn: Looked very comfortable. Got a few more experienced players out of jail in the first half. Would have given him the MOTM award if it was my choice.

Martin Slocombe: So-so I thought. Came into the game more in the second half.

Luke Wilkinson: Average. Not bad but not particularly good.

Jamie McCombe: Despite his own goal looked solid and made a few crucial tackles.

Cole Skuse: Came into the game more in the second half. Lots of bad passes in the first half. Brilliant goal though.

Kevin Betsy: Was all over the place on the right, managed to play well on the left.

David Noble: Not at all ready to get back into the starting line-up.

Darren Byfield: All over the place. Good first touch but doesn't seem to know what position he's playing in.

Phil Jevons: Never got into the game at all.

Tristan Plummer: A few good touches but not much else.

Rob Stambolsiev: Shaky on the ball but gets himself into a lot of space and chases the ball around a bit.

Ashley Kington: Not enough to say really. Had a good shot but was only on about 9 minutes.

Whats up with Plummer then?

I was expecting to see him pushing hard for a place in the first team. Over hyped maybe?!

Whats up with Plummer then?

I was expecting to see him pushing hard for a place in the first team. Over hyped maybe?!

Inexperienced I think. It would do him good to go out on loan to a league 2 club and get some goals behind him imo.

TBH I've not really seen enough of him to judge although GJ seemed chuffed when we signed him on Pro-Terms.

I think that, given the lack of both quality & quantity in our Reserve football, loans are a great idea.My only doubt with TP is that he'd be kicked to pieces in League Two-although, that may be a chance we have to take in a season or so in order that he makes the step up to first team football.

Sat in the posh seats tonight ........ really quiet comfortable ....

my humble opinions ..

McCombe, almost there, certainly ok for the squad for Sat.

Jevo ..... didn't seem interested, hardly ever tracked back when FG had the ball

Plummer ....... very disapointing, not really in the game

Noble ......... full of tricks . but at least 3 games away from being match fit i think

Byfield .... started slowly but held the ball up and turned defenders well, a good foil for trundle i think, and ready for Saturday.

Betsy ......... well .......... was Betsy, ....... I;ve never seen much in him, but who am i to doubt GJ.

The Pasty ........ very doughy ....... and almost warm, ........ and they took the top of my bottle of orange as well, for a reserve match, !!!!!!! ..... i guess i must look like a dubious character.

another plus for the night .......... i got a wave from Dolls as well .............

one other point, and showing my age here, did anyone else think that Byfield ran the channels and held the ball up like Keith Fear used to ??

Worst bit of night, road closed driving home, meant a 20 mile detour .......... the joys of travelling .........

Roll on Saturday

:englandsmile4wf:

Thought that the game was pretty tedious tonight. These sorts of games can be quite interesting to see who is in the crowd mind you. The bloke sat next to me pulled out a notebook just before the start of the game so I asked him who he was working for and he said he was the referees assessor. I had a bit of a chat during the game, then at half-time I asked if he used to referee himself (at a decent level). Turned out to be none other than Clive Wilkes!

He told me that he reffed the classic game v. the Gas when we won 3-2 and also the 6-1 defeat at home to Wolves, when he sent Mark Shail off. He asked me to pass on his regards to Shaily next time I bump into him!

Said that he was at the gas game v Forest last week and that Trollope deserved to be sent to the stands for continually having a go at the linesman, even though he was a 'nice guy' normally. He is assessing the gas game v Leeds on Friday night.

Good to see a few first teamers there tonight including LJ, McIndoe, Enoch, and bizarrely Russell, who is supposed to be on loan, unless he has either been recalled / had a day off / drives to Northampton each day (ouch!).

Thought that McCombe didnt look that special and will not displace Fonts on that performance. I worry about his pace in this league even when fully fit. Noble had a few good moments but also gave the ball away as much as LJ in patches and looks to be lacking in match sharpness.

I would expect no more than a brief sub appearance from Byfield on Saturday given that he played the full 90 mins tonight. Thought he showed some good control and skill on the ball even of he was only giving it maybe 50% effort. Not as strong physically as I thought but could be useful in tandem with Trundle.

Forest Green gave us a hard game to be fair. Their players looked more up for it and with so many first teamers, or potential first team players, our class should have shone more than it did.

Mccombe looked like a first team player and I wouldn't think he's too far away from a recall, but only if Fontaine's form dips to be fair.

Noble looked pretty awful at times but got better. Did the hard things easily but made a mess of the bread and butter stuff. I really like him though and him playing a full 90 mins can only be good news for him mentally and physically.

Betsy started off slowly but then also got more and more into the game. He put more effort in than I've sometimes seen in a league match, clearly wanted to impress and get his place back. I also noticed him talking and praising the youngsters often which was a nice touch.

Jevons was often in the right place but seemed to bottle it or not have that killer touch, other times he was miles out of position and frustratingly often offside. Seemed to get worse as the match went on. Whether it's confidence, disinterest, or his natural style on last nights performance he didn't persuade me to start him on Saturday.

Skuse strangely enough made a few mistakes at the start, more than I've ever seen him do in any match. He got better though and was close to scoring before he got a well deserved and well taken rare goal.

Byfield also slow to start but when he did I was well impressed. Willing runner worked hard to impress and some of his twists and turns want me to start him up front with Trundle. Also played the full 90 which is good news after his lack of preseason etc.

Weale didn't have too much to do and the FGR keeper saved them a few times.

Plummer looked willing but not much happened for him tonight. He has been away on international duty and I thought this was one match too many maybe.

Of the other youngsters I thought Dunn looked good seemed to play with an understanding and confidence ahead of his years,one to keep and eye on.

Of the other youngsters I thought Dunn looked good seemed to play with an understanding and confidence ahead of his years,one to keep and eye on.

I honestly thought Dunn was the best player on the pitch by quite a way. He really stood out. Played very well. Cleared the ball when he needed to, took the ball down well and wasn't a bad passer either. Put their players under pressure when they had the ball and came away with it a lot. Hope to hear about him a bit more. Slocombe who played on the left has a pro contract this year and was good but Dunn was better than him. Don't know how old Dunn is but hope he can keep up performances like that and get his own contract in the future. Looked very good. Got a the midfield out of jail on various occasions and a lot of players found themselves turning to him to get the ball upfield.

I honestly thought Dunn was the best player on the pitch by quite a way. He really stood out. Played very well. Cleared the ball when he needed to, took the ball down well and wasn't a bad passer either. Put their players under pressure when they had the ball and came away with it a lot. Hope to hear about him a bit more. Slocombe who played on the left has a pro contract this year and was good but Dunn was better than him. Don't know how old Dunn is but hope he can keep up performances like that and get his own contract in the future. Looked very good. Got a the midfield out of jail on various occasions and a lot of players found themselves turning to him to get the ball upfield.

Nick Dunn is 16. He signed a two year trainee contract earlier this year. Local boy as well!

Nick Dunn is 16. He signed a two year trainee contract earlier this year. Local boy as well!

If he can play like that at 16 and improves enough each year then I can see him featuring regularly for the first team. He looked a lot older than 16 from that performance.

If he can play like that at 16 and improves enough each year then I can see him featuring regularly for the first team. He looked a lot older than 16 from that performance.

He is a brilliant player, always has been (not just because i am a mate of his).

Couldnt get to the game last night but its great to see the reviews from a few on here.

And I can happily say i have played alongside him :rolleyes: for one game :rolleyes:.

He is a brilliant player, always has been (not just because i am a mate of his).

Couldnt get to the game last night but its great to see the reviews from a few on here.

And I can happily say i have played alongside him :rolleyes: for one game :rolleyes:.

It got to a point in the game where it was just like "Dunn again."

I thought the game was very poor. I'm pretty sure I saw Jamelia there (she came in at 1/2 time) anyone else see her?

Yep, definately there. At half time she went down into the tunnel and watched from there. don't know where she was during the first half...

It was good to see Byfield winning most of the headers last night. This has always been a bit of a problem for us in the past when holding up the ball etc from goal kicks. I think that he will link up with Trundle very well. He was caught off side about 10 times last night, of which 3 or 4 were debatable. With his pace and experience he could do well.

Archived