IGNORED

Reserved Seating At Coventry

Guest east_dundry_red

Why?

I hate thisreserved seating rule and it never happens when you go to away games because people sit where they like. Why do clubs bother?

I wouldnt worry about it if i were you. You know aswell as i do that no-one will sit in there given seats. just choose somewhere you think will be perfect for you and go there. that's what everyone does.

I wouldnt worry about it if i were you. You know aswell as i do that no-one will sit in there given seats. just choose somewhere you think will be perfect for you and go there. that's what everyone does.

That's what I'm doing. I like to sit up high but my seat is down low, So I shall be looking for a seat higher up in the stand.

Could you not have just asked for a seat high up?

you only want whats best for you. if you get to the game and your seats not where you want you will go and sit in someone elses seat that they may have specified when getting tickets. I'm all in favour of reserved= seats, ive been away fouind someone in my seat and told them to move, they refused, i moved them myself then got nicked. anyway, great view at ricoh in all seats, no pillars etc.

If say - a family have bought 4 or 5 seats together - and then find they are all occupied and can't find another 5 together it's not tough, it's plain annoying.

I wouldn't be pedantic and ask someone (in my seat) to move if there are others available to sit in - but if I couldn't find anywhere else then I would ask (politely) the person to move - and expect them to do so.

Sadly you're much more likely to get a load of foul mouth abuse these days.

CR

What really annoys me is that there appears to be no facility on the BCFC computer to actually choose your seat at the time of booking. Being a season ticket holder, I invariably buy my tickets early and almost without exception I get given seats in the front part of the stand.

I prefer to sit nearer the back. Is it beyond somebody's ability to get seating plans of all the grounds we go to ( after all, they are readily available on the respective clubs websites) so that we can actually choose our seats?

Where else are you expected to pay over £20 for a seat and either not know where that seat is located or not be able to see it on a plan and amend if required?

I appreciate that people tend to sit where they like at away grounds, but at high volume games, like Coventry etc, or where the allocation is small, at least the ticket holder would have the option of either asking someone to move from the seat or ask a steward to do it.

Rant over, I'll get my coat.

If say - a family have bought 4 or 5 seats together - and then find they are all occupied and can't find another 5 together it's not tough, it's plain annoying.

I wouldn't be pedantic and ask someone (in my seat) to move if there are others available to sit in - but if I couldn't find anywhere else then I would ask (politely) the person to move - and expect them to do so.

Sadly you're much more likely to get a load of foul mouth abuse these days.

CR

But then it gets complicated when someone is sat in your seat because there is someone in there seat that refuses to move.

Reserved seating at away games just makes things difficult. There shall be 5 of us tomorrow that wont be sitting in our allocated seats.

Archived