IGNORED

Danny's April Fixation

Old Dazzler

We all know that football people always "take one game at a time" - except our beloved team, of course!

If DW's post match interview on R Bristol and his comments in tonights EP are to be believed, the reason for the team doing so badly since Shef Weds at the end of February, is that the team have been to busy focussing on the games we are going to be playing in April!

DW: "All the talk has been about April being a big, big month and maybe in the backs of our minds we have looked at our recent games as being lesser ones"

So now we have the explanation for four defenders letting themselves being outjumped by a single Wednesday player in the last minute, why our forwards haven't been able to hit a cow's backside with a banjo, why we have been outplayed by the might of Stockport, Port Vale, Oldham and Tranmere and unable to hold on to a lead against Wycombe. When Louis Carey refused to defend the run of Bridge-Wilkinson he was only saving himself for the games against QPR, Swindon and the like.

Why do we have to put up with this sort of drivel? As fans we will naturally look at the bigger picture and future games. If we'd managed to get just 14 points out of the last 21 (instead of 4) we would be away at the top with Plymouth now, and we would just be looking to make sure that QPR don't beat us.

In other words we could have virtually wrapped it up by now. But have the fans really been focussing on April for the last few weeks?

I can't remember going to a match, or listening to the commentary and thinking "well it'll be alright to lose this, as we can make up for it in April". The likes of Colin Sexstone have never been out of the media hyping up these games, so is DW having a sideways swipe at our Chief Executive?

If the manager and players, who also have (a sports psychologist at their disposal -I would love to see his files on certain players) cannot be up for games because they are being played in the month of March we might as well all give up and go home.

And while I'm at it, the EP again has Lee Peacock saying that "with people's contracts, like my own, up shortly, we have to do the business and do our best".

At last, with seven games to go this season and after four seasons of under-achieving Peacock has found a reason for putting in some effort on a football pitch and its nothing do to with Bristol City (other than draining them of more money in the future) or us fans.

I will always back players for wanting to better themselves and don't ever blame them for trying to get the best contract posible at the best club that they can play for - but surely the best attitude that a professional footballer can have is to perform as well as possible at every opportunity for the club and fans that pay his wages.

The comments attributed to DW and LP in today's paper are an insult to our intelligence.

Guest DANBOY_BCFC
At last, with seven games to go this season and after four seasons of under-achieving Peacock has found a reason for putting in some effort on a football pitch and its nothing do to with Bristol City (other than draining them of more money in the future) or us fans.

How can you say he's only started putting in effort now?? Do you watch games? Show me a city fan who says Peacock doesnt put in the effort and i'll show you a liar/idiot. You cant fault his commitment or work rate, same for Lee Miller, both have worked their socks off all season, getting little in return. They have had crap service, and until that is sorted out we're in trouble. Both strikers are good enough to score goals and if they'd got some decent service this season Peacock would be into the 20's and Miller not far behind.

FACT.

"The comments attributed to Danny Wilson and Lee Peacock in today's paper are an insult to our intelligence."

- those pair of Northern clowns are taking us for idiots and I hope the joke will soon be on them. They both need their P45's.

yep can't argue with that goblin :dunno:

my expectations of promotion this season have died

ok you don't win them all granted but out of our last

7 games we have won 1, drew 1 lost 5 and scored 3 that is

very poor for a promotion chasing side, i'm

glad we had that 11 game run or we would be in the crap,

those stats don't fill me with much hope going in to april

i hope they prove me wrong but i can't see it :D

How can you say he's only started putting in effort now?? Do you watch games? Show me a city fan who says Peacock doesnt put in the effort and i'll show you a liar/idiot. You cant fault his commitment or work rate, same for Lee Miller, both have worked their socks off all season, getting little in return. They have had crap service, and until that is sorted out we're in trouble. Both strikers are good enough to score goals and if they'd got some decent service this season Peacock would be into the 20's and Miller not far behind.

FACT.

From what I've seen of Peacock this season he's squandered dozens of great chances. Some of Peacock's misses have been shocking and most noteably at Ashton Gate against Oldham where he put the ball over the cross bar from 2 yards in the second minute. The game at Cambridge a few season's back became a standing joke when Peacock squandered our penalty by launching the ball over the goal and into the cabbage patch behind the ground. :dunno:

Danboy

It was LP's comments that have annoyed me more than his level of effort and performance. I would agree with you about service towards the front players, but what he is basically saying is that he has now decided he must start performing to his best level as his contract is up for renewal. Do we really need players to reach this juncture of their career at this club before they appear to want to give 100%?

. The game at Cambridge a few season's back became a standing joke when Peacock squandered our penalty by launching the ball over the goal and into the cabbage patch behind the ground. :dunno:
Christ you've got a long memory :cool: and you still havent forgiven him?

Dont know what it is about Leapy that inspires all this hatred,I go to games with Blairhater and he cant stand the bloke,even when he plays his heart out,scores gets back to defend,whatever its not good enough.

Lets face it,have our forwards been wasting umteen chances? failing to capitalise on incisive through balls then? Or maybe not getting on the end of all those quality crosses that have been raining in?????? No,they play as part of a TEAM that is underperforming...thats....team. :D

Lets face it,have our forwards been wasting umteen chances? failing to capitalise on incisive through balls then? Or maybe not getting on the end of all those quality crosses that have been raining in??????

Well up till the end of February we'd had more shots on target than any team other than Plymouth, so yes the stats seem to suggest we have not been converting chances.

Peacock's problem isn't a lack of effort; he's been workin damned hard holding the ball, taking physical assaults from big defenders and still manages to keep possession. Where his game falls down this season is in the finishing department, since around December onwards. Earlier this season he was on fire, scoring some incredible goals - notably against Hartlepool and Swansea.

Like Burnell or Wilkshire, part of the problem is Wilson playing him when he shouldn't. In Burnell and Wilkshire's cases its out of position, in Peacock's case out of form. Wilson should develop his own management skills to recognise you can't constantly pick your leading scorer if he can't hit a barn door from five paces and needs a rest. Its what I call the Houllier syndrome; picking out of form players regardless. Houllier can't do without Owen, Wilson without Peacock. Both have suffered from poor results due to a lack of goals.

I'm sure City have forwards other than Peacock who can hit the net but if our manager cannot believe that then he should sell these under-employed forwards and go buy more defenders.

Danny Wilson should have got the flick after the Wycombe result, because all the signs were there, only partially hidden by the good 11 match run. The bull**** he comes out with amazes me, he should run for parliament, its that bad!! Nice bloke, but the excuses are getting worse- Fans, Wind, ###### pitch, referees, rub of the green, good teams, when they aint- dont think I've missed any classics there, sorry sloping pitch. Er somebody doth take the p*** here I think

As for Peacock, if it takes the last 3 months of your existing contract to decide if you wanna stay, then just **** off, you must have been hoping for a better offer. He is the most over-rated striker I've seen here bar Steve Jones, big name, big fee, big deal, he's still crap, goody 1 goal in 13, and if the service is crap from the wings, get it better, as a senior pro in the team, among all the kids. If service cant be there are three reasons- 1) Crap manager, and 2) Crap Players, and 3)There are tensions among the players.

Well we can ignore 2, and in fairness to DW, he aint a crap coach, although there are considerable questions over his tactics, and man management skills. So does Leapy have a good relationship with other players. Its known he cant play with Robbo, so maybe an ego has landed. Could it be that his automatic pick when fit (or not as the case might be)p**** other players off, as he is one of DW's favorites. Either way, get rid of him, save money on hus wages, and get someone good in. Peacock & Wilson lovers quite frankly I dont give a **** if you dont like it, I support City not the two northern muppets.

And We'll still be supporting City, long after the two wasters have finished taking the p*** and gone to blow promotion somewhere else. Give Shaun & Tins the job till the end of the season, so we can finish with pride, and take our time looking for someone. DW has taken this club as far as he is going to. Thanks for the last three seasons, DW, but go now, cos we're going backwards currently.

Dont know what it is about Leapy that inspires all this hatred,I go to games with Blairhater and he cant stand the bloke,even when he plays his heart out,scores gets back to defend,whatever its not good enough.

Cos he's over-rated, over paid and unfortunately still bloody here taking the p***

I'd rather have Judas than this bloke. £600,000 we were ripped off there big time. :@

Sooner he's binned the better, he was ***** awful in the Wycombe game, and I'll bet much the same in many others too. :@

As for getting back to defend we're Div 2, thats what strikers do in this div. So no surprise there what he is supposed to do is CONSISTANTLY score goals not miss for what 18 games out of 30 odd, which oh no look he aint again. Another thing if he's better than the underperforming Robbo, how come this Robbo scored more goals last season then?? :dunno: Oh yeah he was injured, well whatever I'd rather have Robbo, and Miller, if we cant find a prolific goal scorer, than Leapy, thanks for asking.

The worrying thing is if we blow promotion he'll probably stay, that will be something to look forward to wont it........NOT!!

All the talk has been about April being a big, big month and maybe in the backs of our minds we have looked at our recent games as being lesser ones

The key word here is 'maybe' - He probably genuinely doesn't know why the same team that won 11 in a row has suddenly started losing... Just like the rest of us.

At least they have all admitted that it's win or bust against QPR! Can't wait for 3 O'Clock on Saturday!

If win or bust is the case and the whole season rests on Saturday shouldn't we all STOP MOANING AND START SUPPORTING?

If you think Leapy is bad then just look at Roberts! Leapy puts in 100% effort ALL of the time, Roberts barely puts in 10%. Leapy has bags of ability, Roberts has none. Roberts has pace, Peacock has passion. And whilst I'm here, Miller looks an absolutely superb striker and I have no idea why he isn't getting a chance. I'm not saying Leapy should be the first name on the teamsheet (I wouldn't have played him at Vale), but to say he is useless and is only in it for himself is very unfair. DANNY TO STAY! CITY FOR DIVISION 1! Nick B

Guest redrum

The problem with Peacock is that he's a crap footballer.

He fouls constantly particularly when he gets tired, he can't link up with any other stirker and his shooting is dodgy. 'Part from that he's ok.

The problem with Peacock is that he's a crap footballer.

He fouls constantly particularly when he gets tired, he can't link up with any other stirker and his shooting is dodgy. 'Part from that he's ok.

That's just rubbish, he is no worse than Miller or Roberts. He DOES put the effort in that's FACT and he has had RUBBISH supply thats's FACT too.

As for Peacock, if it takes the last 3 months of your existing contract to decide if you wanna stay, then just **** off, you must have been hoping for a better offer. He is the most over-rated striker I've seen here bar Steve Jones, big name, big fee, big deal, he's still crap, goody 1 goal in 13, and if the service is crap from the wings, get it better, as a senior pro in the team, among all the kids. If service cant be there are three reasons- 1) Crap manager, and 2) Crap Players, and 3)There are tensions among the players.

Well we can ignore 2, and in fairness to DW, he aint a crap coach, although there are considerable questions over his tactics, and man management skills. So does Leapy have a good relationship with other players. Its known he cant play with Robbo, so maybe an ego has landed. Could it be that his automatic pick when fit (or not as the case might be)p**** other players off, as he is one of DW's favorites. Either way, get rid of him, save money on hus wages, and get someone good in. Peacock & Wilson lovers quite frankly I dont give a **** if you dont like it, I support City not the two northern muppets.

And We'll still be supporting City, long after the two wasters have finished taking the p*** and gone to blow promotion somewhere else. Give Shaun & Tins the job till the end of the season, so we can finish with pride, and take our time looking for someone. DW has taken this club as far as he is going to. Thanks for the last three seasons, DW, but go now, cos we're going backwards currently.

My sentiments exactly, get shot of the over rated Wilson and Peacock and bring a proven manager and goalscorer to the club. I'm damn sure that Danny Wilson got that 'miracle' promotion for Barnsley by using a team assembled prior to his arrival there. What was so special about Peacock for us to have paid £600,000 for him? I really don't know. :laugh:

I'm damn sure that Danny Wilson got that 'miracle' promotion for Barnsley by using a team assembled prior to his arrival there.
well he went there as a player in 1993 and his first full season as player-manager was in 1995, they got promoted in 1997 - so unlikely that the team was assembled prior to his arrival there unless he made no signings or changes in 2 year????

:P

ever thought of trying some facts every now and then :laugh:

Guest DANBOY_BCFC
Earlier this season he was on fire, scoring some incredible goals - notably against Hartlepool and Swansea.

Goals that he created himself, and with the service to the front lads the way it has been since Xmas he'll only score if he makes something out of nothing or like Port Vale he gets a bit of luck with the ball dropping to him.

well he went there as a player in 1993 and his first full season as player-manager was in 1995, they got promoted in 1997 - so unlikely that the team was assembled prior to his arrival there unless he made no signings or changes in 2 year????

:P

ever thought of trying some facts every now and then :dunno:

.....be you Danny Wilson or Frank Barlow bobby? :dunno:

I've got to agree that BCFC need a player-manager i.e. the manager to be on the pitch as with our successful spells under Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan. Just like when it worked for Danny Wilson as a player-manager at Barnsley as you rightly stated :P:laugh:

Peacock & Wilson lovers quite frankly I dont give a **** if you dont like it, I support City not the two northern muppets.

Ahem....i would just like to remind people that not all BCFC fans live in the south of england..... :laugh:

i am willing to pass over this coment as it seems as though he was in an uncontrolable fit of rage

oh and by the way

Lee Peacock

quality player

Ahem....i would just like to remind people that not all BCFC fans live in the south of england..... :laugh:

i am willing to pass over this coment as it seems as though he was in an uncontrolable fit of rage

oh and by the way

Lee Peacock

quality player

...So you're a relative of Lee Peacock?

Archived