IGNORED

Coventry In Financial Peril?

bernie from barrow gurney

Just seen this on BBC, apols if it has been posted elsewhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6993128.stm

Sky Blues insist talks continue

Coventry City have denied claims the club face administration because of a breakdown in investment talks.

Sky Blues managing director Paul Fletcher insists negotiations with potential investors Manhattan Sport Capital Partners, are still ongoing.

"We're won't give a running commentary as to where we are," he said.

"We're still heavily involved in discussions with the Manhattan group, and I can't see any situation where we will go into administration."

-- similar news has been known to unsettle teams in the past and cue a nosedive / exodus..

every single one of these stories (leeds, cardiff, rotherham, shef wed, QPR etc etc) makes me happy we have SL at the helm and even CS even if not everyone agrees. let's wait for that new stadium and hold off from signing any galacticos for the time being and rejoice in the fact we should still be here in a few years time...

every single one of these stories (leeds, cardiff, rotherham, shef wed, QPR etc etc) makes me happy we have SL at the helm and even CS even if not everyone agrees. let's wait for that new stadium and hold off from signing any galacticos for the time being and rejoice in the fact we should still be here in a few years time...

The stadium is the problem........... we don't own the stadium, coventry council does and we rent it from them. the takover is stalling on this problem as council not to keen on selling the stadium to the people who want to buy the club. currently cov city lose 150k a week for not owning the stadium, they don't even make money on the catering as the council own those rights to the food also. last year, red hot chilli peppers and bon jovi played there.......made council a fat wedge so you can understand why they don't want to let there investment go.

The stadium is the problem........... we don't own the stadium, coventry council does and we rent it from them. the takover is stalling on this problem as council not to keen on selling the stadium to the people who want to buy the club. currently cov city lose 150k a week for not owning the stadium, they don't even make money on the catering as the council own those rights to the food also. last year, red hot chilli peppers and bon jovi played there.......made council a fat wedge so you can understand why they don't want to let there investment go.

What a sorry state of affairs. Bet you wish you were still at Highfield Road; who needs a flash stadium when you have no revenue stream.. I just don't get why they moved. :noexpression:

Didn't Jimmy Hill reflect on the same point at the time?

What a sorry state of affairs. Bet you wish you were still at Highfield Road; who needs a flash stadium when you have no revenue stream.. I just don't get why they moved. :noexpression:

Didn't Jimmy Hill reflect on the same point at the time?

still a great stadium but not the same nostalgia as highfiel road, a real ground.

times move on and the new stadium is part of operation premireship if we were to get there.

also attendances up 4000 in new stadium, albeit we don't benefit but as a football fan theres nothing better than being in a stadium packed to the raffters watching the team you love.

Archived