IGNORED

Stumbling In A Wilson Blunderland

Mr Mosquito

It's about time Danny Wilson got his expensive act together by putting in more time and effort to get this club promoted. Rumours abound that Wilson spends most of his time 150 miles away at his home in Chesterfield. I often see him slouched against the dug out when we're losing instead of shouting instructions. Often the post match Wilson interview and match analysis consists of a plethora of excuses for yet another dour performance.

As a staunch BCFC supporter I'm becoming sick of Wilson and his excuses. I want to see us back where we belong in Div 1 or above and not anchored to the third class Div 2. Danny Wilson is taking us for half-wit Bristolian suckers and I don't like it !!!!!!

It's about time Danny Wilson got his expensive act together by putting in more time and effort to get this club promoted. Rumours abound that Wilson spends most of his time 150 miles away at his home in Chesterfield. I often see him slouched against the dug out when we're losing instead of shouting instructions. Often the post match Wilson interview and match analysis consists of a plethora of excuses for yet another dour performance.

As a staunch BCFC supporter I'm becoming sick of Wilson and his excuses. I want to see us back where we belong in Div 1 or above and not anchored to the third class Div 2. Danny Wilson is taking us for half-wit Bristolian suckers and I don't like it !!!!!!

so when (if true) he is 150 miles away it makes perfect

sense to see (allegedly :D:dunno: ) the players

out on the happy water or is it just their clones :D

another point that he has got no discipline or control over them

(allegedly :D:cool: )

oh it just keeps getting better not :@

Red Goblin,

I think we're wasting our breath here, a nice 3 year contract, living oop north, he's got it made.

No wonder the players can take the p***, Bin Wilson, and put Shaun, and tins in charge for the rest of the season, I'm sure they wouldnt mess those two about, and should they do so bin them.

This team is capable of promotion, should be in a position of automatic promotion, and currently isnt due to the staring eyes oh ######! syndrome of DW. Get a grip the fans expect better than they are getting. I want out from playing at Layer Road, Blundell Park, London Road etc. We should be playing at Brammall Lane, Stadium of Light, Ninian Park etc.

When you think of the sides now in Div 1, smaller sides when in this Div, surviving, and some prospering:

Wigan, Crewe, Cardiff, Walsall, Gillingham, Rotherham, Reading, Millwall, Watford, Preston, (gates in our Div, for the pedants)and thats just the smaller sides who have been in the division with us, who are still up- Stockport, Grimsby, Tranmere have all been up and come back down again!! Birmingham, Wolves, Bradford, Fulham, Derby are still playing at a higher level, albeit at least one may be playing in Div 2 next season.

Just look at our first Auto Windscreens final, beating Bolton W 3-0, and remind me where are Bolton, and where are we? It just aint good enough, and this year is worse, because we have spent money, and looked considerably worse than last year. The new Wigan, do be brief!!! You are having a laugh!!

It is indeed fortunate we had the good run, cos playing like we are at this moment in timeconsistantly would get us in the mess at the other end

Not good enough, there has to be change soon!!!

And it aint the board, who have been brilliant and given DW what he wants when he wants it who are to blame. We couldnt ask for a better board in fact unlike some mentioned above.- before anyone starts on that one either

Its our manager and his team who need to improve.

Red Goblin,

I think we're wasting our breath here, a nice 3 year contract, living oop north, he's got it made.

I put a hypothetical question to our personnel manager today.....

.....would you be happy to employ a key manager that had his wife/young kids/domicile 150 miles away?

Reply....."definately not as the organisation could suffer, why are you asking anyway?".

So apart from BCFC it seems that not many organisations that rely on a manager to man manage would employ a key manager living so far away. Was Wilson really committed to BCFC to start with?

Bin Wilson, and put Shaun, and tins in charge for the rest of the season, I'm sure they wouldnt mess those two about, and should they do so bin them..

glad your not in control of the club then, now is not the time forchanging manager, this is the most vital part of the season, and the team hardley need disrupting at this time of season do they?

I say that we leave this subject to the end of the season at least, until we know where we will be playing our football next season.

If i were danny i would say only one thing that should really make them want to get out of this division. Pretty simple its either LEEDS or Doncaster, what will you choose?

Red Goblin

I have so far resisted replying to this because this was done to death a while back, but on the basis that many may not have read previous thread thought I would add a couple of thoughts again..............(couldn't find the link to the old thread sorry!)

1. Chairman and Club seem perfectly happy with Danny's living arrangements so why aren't we? He was after all given a new 3 year contract (as you keep pointing out) so obviously not an issue for him or the Chairman (and I for one respect Steve Lansdown's obvious view on this)

2. How do you know how much time Danny spends in Chesterfield compared to Bristol?

3. His "kids" are hardly young (depends how you define it) but Laurie is 19, not sure how old his daughter is (so maybe you are right there)?

4. Why would you expect anyone involved in football to move their family around all the time - football managers and players contracts are never that certain, they can be cancelled at any time. I respect a parent who makes the right decision for his family (presumably at personal cost to himself - ie.having to live away from them rather than move them everytime he moves)

One of your original points about seeing Danny slouched against the dugout when we are losing rather than shouting instructions I have commented on before, but will again.......... I sit behind the dugout and frequently hear and see both Danny and Frank shouting instructions to the team (as well as standing back and watching). Would you really want him jumping up and down shouting for 90 mins rather than actually watching what is going on???

glad your not in control of the club then, now is not the time forchanging manager, this is the most vital part of the season, and the team hardley need disrupting at this time of season do they?

I say that we leave this subject to the end of the season at least, until we know where we will be playing our football next season.

If i were danny i would say only one thing that should really make them want to get out of this division. Pretty simple its either LEEDS or Doncaster, what will you choose?

Wonder if you'll feel that IF QPR beat us on Saturday, because play offs look the most likely then, and the longer the poor run goes on the more nervous everyone becomes, leading to errors, leading to nerves, etc, etc...A new face would lift em, and keep em at least play offs, maybe even auto?? who knows, whatever, DW has taken us as far as he's going to.......hence the suggestion, for two proud City names to run the show, with pride, and passion, and take time making the correct choice..

Archived