IGNORED

Pete Johnson

DC Red

Just watched the Pete Johnson interview on BCFC World and really enjoyed it.

Some highlights are that he had Marvin Elliott in mind since he originally took the job, about 4 or 5 deals fell through somewhere along the line during the recent transfer activity, and he went to see the recent England games to look at some Israelis and Russians.

He comes across as a good, genuine guy who really loves his job.

What else did he say?

Its a long interview where he describes each of the new signings, how he goes about scouting, how he plans his activities to stay one step ahead of things, comparison of different international leagues, how he uses the media, travel plans, etc. Too much to describe here, but the highlights are above, but he does want the club to buy him an extra tv to watch all the satellite games as his family missed Big Brother last year.

he mentions alot about puzzles :innocent06:

also mentions 4 or 5 deals were far in to completion and fell by the waist side

there is a mentality of foreign players wanting to play in the top of that league in a country as its still classed as number 1 even though it may be a less recognized ie denmark :noexpression:

PJ is one of the unsung heroes at AG. He is a major reason why we have done so well and he deserves alot more credit than he currently gets.

Agreed. It was a good interview and nice to hear from someone involved in the club from a different perspective. I was very impressed with him and his commitment to his job and the club.

He is definately a Johnson, it was just like watching Gary or Gar/Gal as he frequently called him in his Cockerney accent!!!

His reply was class when asked what it was like working for Gary. "As I said before, any problems I tell Mum!!!" :clapping:

He also spoke about Vasko - He confirmed what we knew in that City brought him in because of Keogh refusing to commit to the club and , of course, McCoombe's injury.

It was clear to me that Keogh is on the way out and if he had signed up then he would have been in the team when McCoombe became injured.

He said that the "4 or 5" other deals that didn't happen got "quite close" in some cases. He/Gary spoke to clubs about loads of players but actual negotiations were done with the 4 or 5 plus of course the 7 that did sign.

I wonder who the 4/5 were? Naismith and Grote I guess & maybe Leon Best - then there was the Polish guy who didn't want to have a trial, Finnbogason who did but wished he hadn't, plus the left back (Argentinian?) who went to Latvia but had other "options". Can't think of any others who were close to joining.

CR

He also spoke about Vasko - He confirmed what we knew in that City brought him in because of Keogh refusing to commit to the club and , of course, McCoombe's injury.

It was clear to me that Keogh is on the way out and if he had signed up then he would have been in the team when McCoombe became injured.

He said that the "4 or 5" other deals that didn't happen got "quite close" in some cases. He/Gary spoke to clubs about loads of players but actual negotiations were done with the 4 or 5 plus of course the 7 that did sign.

I wonder who the 4/5 were? Naismith and Grote I guess & maybe Leon Best - then there was the Polish guy who didn't want to have a trial, Finnbogason who did but wished he hadn't, plus the left back (Argentinian?) who went to Latvia but had other "options". Can't think of any others who were close to joining. possibly Pospisil?

CR

I wonder who the 4/5 were? Naismith and Grote I guess & maybe Leon Best - then there was the Polish guy who didn't want to have a trial, Finnbogason who did but wished he hadn't, plus the left back (Argentinian?) who went to Latvia but had other "options". Can't think of any others who were close to joining.

CR

Very good interview. Pete was very openhearted and passioned.

Another player on the way in might have been that Portugese guy who signed for Romanian side FC Cluj.

Archived