IGNORED

If City Were To Make It To The Premiership

Tim S

I was just thinking last night about Gary Johnsons record as a manager.....

Since the Premiership began back in the early 90's - or even before the Premiership existist, if City were to make it into the top flight with Gary Johnson, whether it be this season, next season or in 3 or 4 (or even if Gary was to eventually leave us for a prem team), would that make Gary Johnson the only manager to have managed a team in the top 5 leagues of this country???? I cant think of anyone else?

Conference - with Yeovil/Cambridge

League 2 (Old Div 3) - with Yeovil

League 1 (Old Div 2) - with Yeovil/Bristol City

Championship (Old Div 1) - with Bristol City

Premiership - with......????

And if you really wanted to add something to it - we could also add that he has managed at international level with Latvia too.

So how many managers can boast that sort of record?

Since the Premiership began back in the early 90's - or even before the Premiership existist, if City were to make it into the top flight with Gary Johnson, whether it be this season, next season or in 3 or 4 (or even if Gary was to eventually leave us for a prem team), would that make Gary Johnson the only manager to have managed a team in the top 5 leagues of this country???? I cant think of anyone else?

And if you really wanted to add something to it - we could also add that he has managed at international level with Latvia too.

He was on the coaching staff at Watford when they were in the Prem back in 1999/2000. Does that count?

No idea matey but its a very interesting piece of trivia..

all i can say in reply is that Sven is going in the opposite direction!! :yawn:

Cambridge werent a conference side when he was with them. They were in division one and 2 (championship and league 1 now) when started was coach and assistant under John Beck. I think he took over as manager when they were in division 2 (league 1.) I think that was about 93 he took over as manager.

Before that he was also manager at Kettering Town when either in conference or in the old 3 divisions that were under the conference before being replaced by conference north/south, cant think of the name they would have been in, but similar to the southern premier i think the southern version of it was called they would have been in the midlands eqivilant.

Ron Atkinson & Martin O'neill

How many others have won promotion from all of them leagues?

Archived