IGNORED

Trundle & Byfield

Red Robin

Jamie MCcombe and Darren Byfield are both close but may have to wait one or two weeks to be included yet. Quote from GJ

fair dinkum, thanks. it looked, by your earlier remark, that he was displeased with Byfield so thats a relief.

What is the state of Enoch? still injured?.. With Jevo not exactly shining in mid week perhaps Byfield will make the bench. Vamos a ver.

If Skuse is ruled out, we don't have any options in central midfield, unless GJ really gambles and thinks outside the box.

Looking at previous selections, I reckon the only change may be Byfield in for Sproule who must be exploding with frustration after being on the bench for NI and unused twice.

It wouldn't surprise me if we stuck to the same XI and had these subs:

Weale

Murray

Byfield

Skuse (If Fit)

McCombe or Vasko

We know that:Brooker, Showunmi & Noble are ruled out-that makes 8 missing with the five on loan!

Only Jevo & Betsy miss out from the 18 players, discounting junior pros that we have available.

Great!

McAlister has played there previously-I can even remember Louis Carey playing there up at Stoke once!

Like I said, not great options!

Gj must have a plan otherwise he may have recalled Russell.

As for Byfield I think we will see him make the bench. I know Gj said he's still a week or so away but I feel that is just spin for the Coventry end.

Gj must have a plan otherwise he may have recalled Russell.

As for Byfield I think we will see him make the bench. I know Gj said he's still a week or so away but I feel that is just spin for the Coventry end.

i think we need byfield in the team (if fit)hes stong and can hold the ball up.just what we lacked up at wednesday.

I think GJ can't do an awful lot with Byfield if he isnt fit..Lets not forget he has not played any games this season and apparently didnt train alot in pre-season because he thought he was just going to be stuck at Millwall for the rest of the season in the reserves so I'd give it another 3 weeks before we see Byfleid in the starting 11 as he's behind fitness compared to other players.

Archived