IGNORED

Danny Coles Big Head

Guest Shaunyb

Guest Shaunyb

I dont know if any of u have noticed that since Cardiff come in for Danny he hasn't been the same.

But is still managing to get first team place every week because there is still no one that is goin 2 chanellge 4 his place in the side.

do any one notice as soon as he get the ball he does not know what 2 do with it and limps it up field of into the stands.

Dont get me wrong Danny is still a very good young player and needs all the surport he can get.

But i fell sometime that they dont do enough intraining 4 thye same misake happening over and over a again.

do any body think the same

Shauny B

COME ON U REDS

UP THE CITY

Guest Shaunyb

i dont feel danny is the reason for r bad defendin.

but i just wonder why he hasnt been as good as last season prehaps u can tell me

Shauny B

so u feel danny has been better than last season
Yep - hes looked more composed and has grown in stature as the seasons gone on.

Like the rest of the team hes had a dodgy spell lately but overall i think hes a better player now than he was last season.

do any one notice as soon as he get the ball he does not know what 2 do with it and limps it up field of into the stands.

Hmmm kinder know what you mean but dont want to stop him trying it altogether,might also be lack of options causes him to try diagonal,probably told to hit channels a lot by Mr Barlow.

Overall He is coming along quite nicely and you wont see him caught out much :D christ ,hope i havent jinxed him :dunno:

More worried about Butts and Carey,both error prone at moment and Butts confidence seems very fragile.Hope he has a stormer against QP ar**e.

My favorite centre halves would be ...Coles...Hill.. who were very good together but D.W seems to want Matty at left back/left sided cntre half??

Try sticking it back up your arse, it might stop you talking out of it.
bit harsh P.Belly he's only only asking the question,mind you,could've been better put maybe? :cool:

Yes.

He can`t spell and seems to have his finger stuck on the keyboard.

Try sticking it back up your arse, it might stop you talking out of it.

Quality response, made me laugh :dunno: ......and there hasn't been a lot of that to do on here.

Danny Coles is clearly too good for this division and perhaps he's beginning to feel frustrated at the lack of quality around him, or maybe the donkey tactics imposed on the team?

I also feel he needs better support alongside him which Hill can provide and Butler seemingly cannot.

As to the distribution, it could be better, but then Hill, Butler and Burnell all hoof the ball into the stands when trying to pass it.

I actually think it's a good question.

To me, NO, Danny is not playing as well as last year in terms of coming forward and his general distribution.

His defending is sound and he has good positional play and good pace.

However, he does seem to have gone backwards in distribution. Last year, the defence all seemed very confident with a slow methodical build-up which Danny played a key role in.

He also played a key role in quickening the pace by playing raking 30 yard passes to players such as Scott when space had opened up; in short, his choice of pass was very good.

Now, he (and Butler), seem to favour a launch up-field in the general direction of a forward; a lot of the composure/patience on the ball does not seem to be there.

Whether it is through instruction (i.e. D.W. felt the defence took too much pace out of the game last season), I obviously cannot answer.

What I can say is both Danny and Tony look lesser players this season, although, especially in Danny's case he makes up for it with his sound defence.

Personally I'd like to see Carey moved inside to play alongside Coles, with Matty staying at Left Back. Louis always used to be a centre half, and had a fantastic partnership with Shaun Taylor - they always looked a very solid back two.

This would also create an opening for a good attacking right back - it's ages since we had one of those. Matt's never going to be a Darren Barnard or Jim Brennan going forward, but is brilliant defensively. Maybe we need to find a good attacking option on the right to support Scott Murray.

Guest keepthefaith

I think you'll find Danny's distribution has suffered this seasons due to the lack of movement and options upfield this may change now scotty's back but without the same pace down the left distribution will still be a difficult task.

I also thought that Danny was our best player against vale (not difficult I no).

Guest DANBOY_BCFC
Personally I'd like to see Carey moved inside to play alongside Coles, with Matty staying at Left Back. Louis always used to be a centre half, and had a fantastic partnership with Shaun Taylor - they always looked a very solid back two.

Spot on about Carey but I agree with Shaunyb, Coles is not the player he was.

Id give colesy a rest, I know its late in the season but in my eyes he's doing as bad at the back as the Peacock haters on here seem to think Leapy is doing at the front, except Lee Peacock puts in 100% every game. DC has looked lazy at times, he has made so many mistakes this season and he looks nothing like he did last year, I cant believe someone on here thinks he's improved, I actually laughed out loud reading that. Coles passing is shocking, he seems to hesitate most of the time and makes basic mistakes too much. He isnt as commanding as he was last season, he kept Rob Earnshaw in his pocket for 4 games last season, if he played him now he would be severley embarrased.

I also think Mickey Bell should have a go at left back with Matt Hill back in the centre. Matty is better than Coles in my eyes, Danny was better last season but Matt Hill is better all round, although both distibute the ball quite poorly!!

Archived