IGNORED

Improvements To Our Match Highlights Editing

boadle

Looking at the match highlights (which appear to have been provided with Coventry commentary), it got me thinking what improvements could or should be done to our presentation of highlights, now we've stepped up to the Championship.

Coventry have used both a slow motion replay and a digital zoom for some of the highlights. I don't believe we use these for our replays.

Just a thought. Adam?

Looking at the match highlights (which appear to have been provided with Coventry commentary), it got me thinking what improvements could or should be done to our presentation of highlights, now we've stepped up to the Championship.

Coventry have used both a slow motion replay and a digital zoom for some of the highlights. I don't believe we use these for our replays.

Just a thought. Adam?

Yes, the coverage given to us (the DVD) included commentary (just like the ones we produce at Ashton Gate). Hopefully we'll get more like that in the Championship. Saying that, last season Coventry provided us with a match video without audio on for the FA Cup game.

Coventry haven't produced slow-mo/digi-zoom, we have. It wasn't like that on the DVD, it was put in by the club for the highlights edit. We also do this for home matches, just take a look through the previous extended highlights for the season so far. We also have slow-mo replays on the Match DVDs we sell now (new for Championship).

A slow mo is included for every goal in extended highlights. I'm not a big fan of the digi-zoom as it distorts the image (like Rob, ie Rocky, says) and it isn't the clearest in WMV format. However, I used it for McIndoe's goal to cover for Coventry's commentator (who went on and on) and the second goal to give the best verdict on who scored (although it's still unclear!).

The highlights (and every edit) in the Extended Highlights section are produced by the club. We're one of only a handful to do this. Check the Coventry site (albeit they may not want to publicise the game much) and there's nothing at all in terms of highlights.

The ones in the main Match Highlights section are the basic ones cut by PTV and are also supplied to Virgin Media.

Hope that clarifies.

Adam

Cant believe how biased the commentator is! When Elliot got clattered and the commentator called it a "blatent dive"! These Coventry folk are very bad losers! Shame, cos they're probably going to have to get a bit more used to it!

I got to admit i saw the "tackle" clearly and it was a bit of a shocker and no way ever in any way was it a dive, i thought the commentator was being sarcastic, but clearly not :noexpression:

Yes, the coverage given to us (the DVD) included commentary (just like the ones we produce at Ashton Gate). Hopefully we'll get more like that in the Championship. Saying that, last season Coventry provided us with a match video without audio on for the FA Cup game.

Coventry haven't produced slow-mo/digi-zoom, we have. It wasn't like that on the DVD, it was put in by the club for the highlights edit. We also do this for home matches, just take a look through the previous extended highlights for the season so far. We also have slow-mo replays on the Match DVDs we sell now (new for Championship).

A slow mo is included for every goal in extended highlights. I'm not a big fan of the digi-zoom as it distorts the image (like Rob, ie Rocky, says) and it isn't the clearest in WMV format. However, I used it for McIndoe's goal to cover for Coventry's commentator (who went on and on) and the second goal to give the best verdict on who scored (although it's still unclear!).

The highlights (and every edit) in the Extended Highlights section are produced by the club. We're one of only a handful to do this. Check the Coventry site (albeit they may not want to publicise the game much) and there's nothing at all in terms of highlights.

The ones in the main Match Highlights section are the basic ones cut by PTV and are also supplied to Virgin Media.

Hope that clarifies.

Adam

It certainly does clarify Adam. I guess I assumed because we were the 'poor newcomers' we would have inferior hardware / software / manpower to keep up with the heavyweights.

Your post has reassured me that you guys are, in keeping with events on the field, on top of your game.

I should never have doubted you, Adam. Forgive me ;)

Lewis

Archived