IGNORED

Match Thread

Abraham Romanovich

Coming up to half time , 0-0 .

Just seen the stats on bbc site shows 69 to 31 in WBA favour.

Do statistics ever lie

Anyone know what is happening are we hitting fast and frequently on the break or are we under the cosh ?

World commentary makes it sound like an even exciting game, with both teams having two or three good chances.

Both teams have had spells of dominance, City bossing from 10-25 minutes and West Brom from 30 mins up to half time, think we were glad for the whistle to give us a chance to break the pressure. Good game though!

Good work by Miller on the left wing, simple tap-in for Koran (sp).

thanks for that, I'm not suprised to see Miller in the build up for the goal after seeing the highlights of wba on the championship where he was a handful for the ipswich defence.

thanks for that, I'm not suprised to see Miller in the build up for the goal after seeing the highlights of wba on the championship where he was a handful for the ipswich defence.

Best player on the pitch since he came on. It's scary seeing the quality of their bench, Miller and James Morrison coming off the bench, and others such as Chris Brunt left to spare!

Vasko up front for the last 5 mins!

THAT was a hard won draw. Well done lads. GJ really has installed a never say die attitiude in this team, and against a good WBA side. they will be more pissed off than we are. Well done lads. some one will beat us at some stage, but lets keep it going as long as we can.

Sounded great on the commentary...really made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!! Just wish could have been there......!!!

I wish i could have been there aswell. Its a shame this wasn't a saturday game as i would have more chance to get there than a tuesday night. I'm tempted to go down on saturday for burnley, but isnt hte same appeal as west brom and will be 100 quid roughly if get the train with food drink ticket and if parents go down there (unlikey) have to spend the sunday bored at my sisters.

I'm working in Moscow so have to wait until the end of December to see my next game!!!!! Just gutted that I'm not there for this season..so many great grounds to visit, so many cracking games already!!! Anyway....at least we've got extra sky coverage this season and Bristol City World when it works!!!

Keep it up lads!!! Anyone hear the attendance figure?

Just had a chat with my old Dad who was at the game. Said West Brom were an awesome footballing team, but we aquitted ourselves very well. Best game he's seen down the Gate for a long time in terms of quality. Sproule looked very good too he said, though better when out on the wing.

Good effort! Atmosphere sounded good! Hope we get a fair few against Burnley although with the Coventry, West Brom and Burnley games in the space of a week finances will be stretched, away support won't be as great and not as glamorous as other championship games so around 13000 or so should be expected and anything more than 14000 will be great.

16571 on BBC website

Of which a good 2,500 were from WBA.

Just got back. Was a great game for the neutral, to be fair WBA will feel unlucky to draw as they had several good chances and played it around really well. They looked dangerous and incisive coming forward but then lost their way a little bit before Ishmail Miller came on and his surging powerful run to the right hand side of the box at the EE end led to a simple tap in for their lad.

To sum up City - never say die attitude. We were under the cosh for large periods yet Carey and Fontaine saved the day with countless blocks and challenges. WBA missed a good deal of good chances though.

City did have a few decent chances themselves, McIndoe (I think) who shot straight at the keeper from around the penalty spot and Kiely pulled off a magnificent save against Lee J (I think, again!).

In the second half we were denied a blatant penalty when a WBA player almost patted the ball down like a basketball! The referee (Kettle) was pretty poor and was standing behind the player when it happened.

Fair play to WBA for bringing good numbers down but I've never heard so little from 2,500 away fans in the EE, before they scored they were silent.

Finally - when City scored the whole place went absolutely mental with the now customary massive dust cloud emitted from the Dolman. Is that thing safe? :innocent06:

He does.

Man. City and tonight.

Notts Forest and Carlisle away to kill the game, penalty v Yeovil..

Orr is a big part of this team.

Should be interesting to see his celebration on World! Just a shame that passionate players understandably going mental when they equalise in the dying seconds, against a wealthy ex premiership team, need to be booked. A line needs to be drawn or common sense used really with celebrations....means that now Orr is likely to be suspended for a game in the future as a result of an unnecessary booking!

He's an Orr, He's an Orr.........!!!!

P.S. Is his cousin still banned from Ashton Gate?! Can't remember if the streaking incident got him banned for life or just a few years!!!!

Of which a good 2,500 were from WBA.

Just got back. Was a great game for the neutral, to be fair WBA will feel unlucky to draw as they had several good chances and played it around really well. They looked dangerous and incisive coming forward but then lost their way a little bit before Ishmail Miller came on and his surging powerful run to the right hand side of the box at the EE end led to a simple tap in for their lad.

To sum up City - never say die attitude. We were under the cosh for large periods yet Carey and Fontaine saved the day with countless blocks and challenges. WBA missed a good deal of good chances though.

City did have a few decent chances themselves, McIndoe (I think) who shot straight at the keeper from around the penalty spot and Kiely pulled off a magnificent save against Lee J (I think, again!).

In the second half we were denied a blatant penalty when a WBA player almost patted the ball down like a basketball! The referee (Kettle) was pretty poor and was standing behind the player when it happened.

Fair play to WBA for bringing good numbers down but I've never heard so little from 2,500 away fans in the EE, before they scored they were silent.

Finally - when City scored the whole place went absolutely mental with the now customary massive dust cloud emitted from the Dolman. Is that thing safe? :innocent06:

That was brilliant, reminded me of an Italian fixture as if a flare had been thrown, great game, great point and the baggies fans had 1 or 2 songs, and sung them repeatedly, boring.

I actually thought we looked very dodgy at the back in the 2nd half (probabaly for the first this season though)

Would'nt be surprised to see McCombe return..... but i would'nt drop fontaine....

Archived