IGNORED

City 1 V 1 Wba

Bristol Boy

i agree totally with what you say about trundle, apart from the rating, i would say his (very strong) approach play deserved a little more than a 6, although he was far from perfect.

McAllister was also fantastic for the first 55 minutes and then kept getting caught out of position until taken off, thought he was better than a 7 personally.

I've just a few points to add.

You seem to be a bit harsh on Sproule. Nor do you mention that he is about the fastest thing without motor propulsion. Is he ever fast! Although I agree his end-product was lacking, I think that his very presence is enough to unsettle defenders.

I think you are too good to Murray. I thought his positioning was poor and he left Orr exposed on occasion. I'm not sure if Murray deliberately plays "narrow" or just does it instinctively.

Finally, I disagree that Elliot's booking was silly. His tackle was completely innocuous in the context of the game (and credit to WBA for playing a clean game generally). I guess the ref had just had enough of the fouls and picked on Elliot as first recipient of the yellow cards.

i agree totally with what you say about trundle, apart from the rating, i would say his (very strong) approach play deserved a little more than a 6, although he was far from perfect.

McAllister was also fantastic for the first 55 minutes and then kept getting caught out of position until taken off, thought he was better than a 7 personally.

Two points in reply:

1.Always go by all 90 minutes in a review.McAllister had a decent game early doors, but McIndoe's departure and more pressure on him in the second half saw his performance drop of and that's a concern for a player with his ability.

2.I also rate players taking into account the opposition and what they are capable of both in football and physical terms-LT is capable of much more and there's no excuse when the ball's played into his feet.

We still played to many long balls last night and we need to work on that.Our midfield need to take more opportunity to take the ball off the back four and create passing moves because we look far better when we do.

Archived