IGNORED

Leicesters Goal Gift To Forest

Steve Watts

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but during the replayed Carling Cup match between Leicester and Forest, Leicester "gave" Forest the lead immediately from kick off.

You may recall that the original match was abandoned after Clive Clarke collapsed three weeks ago with Forest 1-0 up at the time.

As a gesture of goodwill, LCFC's players stepped aside on kick off yesterday to allow Forest's keeper to run through and score after 23 seconds (Why it took him 23 seconds to get that short distance I've no idea, but hey!). In the end Leicester won 3-2, but i agree with the media when they say that the real winner last night was football...

Leicester Cty, I salute you. :clap::clap::clap:

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but during the replayed Carling Cup match between Leicester and Forest, Leicester "gave" Forest the lead immediately from kick off.

You may recall that the original match was abandoned after Clive Clarke collapsed three weeks ago with Forest 1-0 up at the time.

As a gesture of goodwill, LCFC's players stepped aside on kick off yesterday to allow Forest's keeper to run through and score after 23 seconds (Why it took him 23 seconds to get that short distance I've no idea, but hey!). In the end Leicester won 3-2, but i agree with the media when they say that the real winner last night was football...

Yeah i saw it when i got home. It took him 23 seconds because he was only jogging up. when he got to the Leicester penalty area he high-fived the Leicester keeper which was funny.

My question is what would Leicester have done if they wouldve gone on to lose 1-0 or by 1 goal? More importantly, what would the fans have done?

Couldve been quite an interesting development that.

Wish i'd have had a couple of quid on him as first goal scorer !

Archived