Bristol Boy

League Postn.........Current Form

6.Burnley-----------H----6

22.PNE--------------A----22

13.Barn-------------A----15

11.Sheff Utd--------H----13

19.Norwich----------A----18

16.Soton------------H------9

No game looks easy, but only two are in the top ten on current form. and only one in the top ten in the table.

Never thought for one minute we'd be in the top two or three looking down even after only six games.

2 wins and 2 draws - 8 points from those games would be pretty good imo any thing better makes me feel nervous that we might do something in this division.

Really believe we can win at least 2 of them and still stay unbeaten. 2 wins and 4 draws would do me from them games. The wins coming against Burnley and Barnsley

Being new to this division every team gives the illusion of being much tougher than in League One. A friend who is a Charlton fan says there fans see things in reverse and see every game as presenting an opportunity for three points. I suspect the truth is somewhere inbetween.

Apart from West Brom, Southampton and perhaps Charlton I don't think there will be many sides who completely outclass us technically. I think that if you look at the profile of our players we've got a mixture of youngsters untried at this level but who can make the step up, some experienced players who've consistently been at the top of the League One tree in terms of ability and in Sproule, McIndoe and McAllister experienced players at this level. In short we have nothing to fear.

Again reminiscing back to the wilderness years how often did teams get promoted that player for player were technically inferior to Bristol but displayed better organisation, fitness and team spirit? In this league we can't match West Brom for technique but we can beat them in all other areas and that might be enough.

Being new to this division every team gives the illusion of being much tougher than in League One. A friend who is a Charlton fan says there fans see things in reverse and see every game as presenting an opportunity for three points. I suspect the truth is somewhere inbetween.

On what I've seen, the CCC is far superior to League One.

Apart from West Brom, Southampton and perhaps Charlton I don't think there will be many sides who completely outclass us technically.

I think you're getting carried away-Watford & Sheffield Utd could be added to that list and we could easily have lost all of our away games and on Tuesday night.If this season goes on like that I'll be exhausted by Xmas, never mind the team!

I think that if you look at the profile of our players we've got a mixture of youngsters untried at this level but who can make the step up,

Which ones?

some experienced players who've consistently been at the top of the League One tree in terms of ability and in Sproule, McIndoe and McAllister experienced players at this level. In short we have nothing to fear.

McIndoe I'll go along with at CCC, but the other two have played in the Scot Prem where, apart from the top two, the quality's debatable.I'd like to see IS on the right wing and McAllister will need to be at his best to keep his place as the pace seems to have surprised him.

Again reminiscing back to the wilderness years how often did teams get promoted that player for player were technically inferior to Bristol (WHO) :innocent06: but displayed better organisation, fitness and team spirit? In this league we can't match West Brom for technique but we can beat them in all other areas and that might be enough.

I'm with you on the fitness etc but we'll need to go up a notch or two in terms of quality if we're to really compete over the season.

I'm with you on the fitness etc but we'll need to go up a notch or two in terms of quality if we're to really compete over the season.

Actually i don't think there isn't a vast difference in quality in the two leagues, with the exception of the teams who have been in the prem recently.

For example coventry, a highly respected a tipped team, played very direct league one type football, with only really one gameplan.

West brom on the other hand were a class apart, but lets not let the last game we've witnessed cloud our judgment.

Either way, if we keep our collective team spirit and awesome work rate, we'll be more than fine in this league! :dancing2:

Actually i don't think there isn't a vast difference in quality in the two leagues, with the exception of the teams who have been in the prem recently.

For example coventry, a highly respected a tipped team, played very direct league one type football, with only really one gameplan.

West brom on the other hand were a class apart, but lets not let the last game we've witnessed cloud our judgment.

Either way, if we keep our collective team spirit and awesome work rate, we'll be more than fine in this league! :dancing2:

I think the quality difference is evident. QPR, who are at the bottom of the league, took us apart at times in the 2nd half of our game with them. Difference is that we now have a few extra players of added quality like McIndoe, Elliott, Trundle and Sproule which make us look a better side.

I think the quality difference is evident. QPR, who are bottom of the league, took us apart at times in the 2nd half of our game with them. Difference is that we now have a few extra players of added quality like McIndoe, Elliott, Trundle and Sproule which make us look a better side.

Cuts both ways though, Bradford City, now League Two, took us apart at the gate last year. This is because all professional footballers can turn it on when they're on form, consitancy is what makes top players.

Yes, we have added extra quality, yes we are playing well and yes we have an excellent tactical awareness installed into our team at present. We're have as much quality as most in this league.

Cuts both ways though, Bradford City, now League Two, took us apart at the gate last year. This is because all professional footballers can turn it on when they're on form, consitancy is what makes top players.

Yes, we have added extra quality, yes we are playing well and yes we have an excellent tactical awareness installed into our team at present. We're have as much quality as most in this league.

And this league is most consistent of course- and I would say we have much better players but it is too early to say whether we have as much quality as most in this league- any team can have a good patch of form over the season. The key is to keeping it up.

Archived