IGNORED

Still Need A Striker?

cinker

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/topscorers/

City is not registering a clear goal scorer. Goals are coming from various players including murray and orr. What timing i.e. when do you think the decision to pay for a goal scoring forward needs to be made. I don't want to take anything away from our accomplishments but if we want to stay in the same position in the division we need someone similar to henderson with watfords 3 wins at home.

Again, this is not a gripe just curious as to peoples views.

City is not registering a clear goal scorer. Goals are coming from various players including murray and orr. What timing i.e. when do you think the decision to pay for a goal scoring forward needs to be made. I don't want to take anything away from our accomplishments but if we want to stay in the same position in the division we need someone similar to henderson with watfords 3 wins at home.

don't worry the goals will come.Trundle getting better every game don't forget T.Plummer may get his chance this season.I cant see us spending any more money on strikers.

don't worry the goals will come.Trundle getting better every game don't forget T.Plummer may get his chance this season.I cant see us spending any more money on strikers.

still got Brooker to come back aswell. Also Noble can chip in with a few from wherever he's playing. Sproule will get a few with his pace and we all know Trundle can score from nothing. Then there's Byfield aswell who can score goals so weve got nothing to worry about IMO.

Its not the goals I'm worried about, its our defence, we have one goalkeeper who is always injured and one who spills evey shot but gets away with things because he looks up to the sky and prays..We have McCallister who in my opinion looks unsteady this season and Carey who defenders love to run rings around..Yet we have manages to keep clean sheets and win games so why should I be complaining!

Its not the goals I'm worried about, its our defence, we have one goalkeeper who is always injured and one who spills evey shot but gets away with things because he looks up to the sky and prays..We have McCallister who in my opinion looks unsteady this season and Carey who defenders love to run rings around..Yet we have manages to keep clean sheets and win games so why should I be complaining!

Have you watched City this season? Carey and Basso outstanding

The goals are coming from all over.Trundle always takes 2 with him,leaving more space for the others.

McIndoe looked a lot more confident after his goal against coventry and when Sproule gets 1 he will be the same.

Even Vasko looked the part when he came on tuesday,and when Noble and Byfield are match fit we have even more options.

At the moment I'm happy with what we have and how the team is playing.

:city:

Transfer window is closed until January so there is not much we could do even if we needed one, which we don't.

We have waaay enough strikers, Although any team worth their salt will allways be looking to improve the quality of the squad, but i'm not sure there are any strikers available on loan who we could sign to improve us?

Byfeild, Brooker, Jevo, Showumni, Plumber, Trundle, we call recall Myre Williams, Super Scotty and Ivan can also play up front to change things.

Thats 9 players with the ability to play and score up front, each one of them offers somthing different to the other, this gives GJ enough selection options, another striker would do more harm than good, it would be saying 'i have no faith in you lot, i need another option', which of course is rubbish.

Oh so when ive watched City this seaosn Basso hasnt spilled the ball once and got away with it? Yes hes made qaulity saves but he'l start costing us games soon. I'd like to see Henderson given a chance.

Very very harsh indeed. Basso has spilled very few balls and has pulled off some outstanding saves this season. Yet to see a goalie who doesn't spill the ball occasionally, especially when struck through a crowd of bodies. Basso is one of the reasons we've had such a good start to the season.

Get some perspective mate.

Oh so when ive watched City this seaosn Basso hasnt spilled the ball once and got away with it? Yes hes made qaulity saves but he'l start costing us games soon. I'd like to see Henderson given a chance.

well considering Hendo is on loan at York that wont be happening anytime soon!

So which games, apart from West Brom has Basso spilled shots? I've only missed 1 game and i saw that on sky and havent seen him spill anything apart from Tuesday. And to be fair, alot of keepers wouldve spilled some of them shots and fair play to Basso, he was lightening quick at getting back up and gathering the ball whilst nearly getting his head kicked off!

Do you watch a different game to me? I think Trundle has been dreadful, He constantly loses the ball, Doesnt chase anything, and has the pace of a snail. :dunno:

I am very happy with the current squad, this season was always going to be about building a team capable of staying/consolidating our position in the Championship. Lets do this first and then look to push on

We currently have Trundle, Byfield, Showumni, Jevons and Brooker as strikers plus Murray and Sproule. Next season or in January players not involved in the 1st team squad e.g. Jevons and Enoch will probably move on at which point we can then replace with improved quality.

:rofl2br:

Have you looked at Henderson's form for York before making that joke?

On paper, no.

In reality, it's worrying.

We're playing 4-4-2 however, we finsihed up with three right wingers against WBA.

Brooker-We'll be lucky if he's playing by Xmas in my view.

Showunmi-Another who doesn't do knocks and he'll miss a fair share of games.Doubts persist about his ability to step up a level and only being available for 50/60% of the games a season doesn't help.

Jevons:At least he's available, but is he good enough? Probably not.

Plummer:Probably not ready yet and I can't see GJ playing him.

JMW:On loan and at least keeping match fit at Chelt.

Trundle:Let's hope he doesn't get injured, because Vasko's the nearest thing we have to a target man as a fit replacement.

Byfield:Should start Saturday, but probably won't unless McIndoe's out and GJ switches Sproule to where he should be.

That gives us three senior pro strikers available-so yes, I reckon we need another good one, even if on loan until Xmas.Wonder if Man City have any more like Miller???

Then we have right wingers:Sproule, Murray, Betsy who CAN play up front.......another right winger, in Wilson who can play either side and is really a right sided midfielder or right back.

And one left winger in McIndoe.

Central Midfield is also precarious until Noble's fully fit and your guess is as good as mine on that one.His "minor groin strain", that cuased him to miss the Latvia Trip and all of pre-season, still isn't considered healed enough to play Sat and that's three months now :(

just to back u up here Basso actually spilt the ball about 4 times against WBA and got away with it - unlike when he did the same against Boro last year and Yakubu scored. He wont get away with it sooner or later somone will punish us.

This isnt a gripe either as overall I agree with Basso's MOM on Tuesday. But yes, he does spill the ball.

Transfer window is closed until January so there is not much we could do even if we needed one, which we don't.

Emergency Loans-Fiddle one of them in-Everyone else does

We have waaay enough strikers, Although any team worth their salt will allways be looking to improve the quality of the squad, but i'm not sure there are any strikers available on loan who we could sign to improve us?

Byfeild (Not match Fit), Brooker (Out until Xmas), Jevo (Not good enough), Showumni (Injured), Plumber (Never played a first team game), Trundle, we call recall Myre Williams (How many's he scored for Chelt??), Super Scotty and Ivan can also play up front to change things.(They're playing up there now!)

Thats 9 players with the ability to play and score up front, each one of them offers somthing different to the other, this gives GJ enough selection options, another striker would do more harm than good, it would be saying 'i have no faith in you lot, i need another option', which of course is rubbish.

GJ obviously didn't think 8 was enough and brought in Byfield! You forgot Betsy who CAN play up front, then again, so can McCombe & Vasko!

I am very happy with the current squad, this season was always going to be about building a team capable of staying/consolidating our position in the Championship. Lets do this first and then look to push on

We currently have Trundle, Byfield, Showumni, Jevons and Brooker as strikers plus Murray and Sproule. Next season or in January players not involved in the 1st team squad e.g. Jevons and Enoch will probably move on at which point we can then replace with improved quality.

The one's in red are either not match fit or injured-You're probably right about Jan though.

No need for any more players just yet the team are flying, people are forgetting that defending is part of the game and we do that bloody well at the mo.

Our midfield hasnt looked out of place from what Ive seen and we have two new players in their from last season and both have added real quality, the strikers are still learning about each other and the team and yet we still are doing exceptionally well. The only settled bit about our side is the defence and they have been outstanding, good times ahead

Blimey more strikers than you can shake a stick at,JEVONS cant get a look in SHOWUMNI injured BROOKER injured, the last thing we need is yet another striker the wage bill must be at MAX now. IMO me thinks MR Lansdown and MR Sexstone will be fully spent up at the moment? maybe if we push for playoffs they may dig deep in the transfer window? :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

This may have been mentioned, but in our promotion season, our leading scorer managed a total of 11 goals in the league. Trundle is definitely on course for that target.

Every player on the pitch is a striker; you should be over the moon most can and have scored. No good being reliant on one or two players; recipe for disaster when they get injured and, lets face it, they will.

unless of course you want Guy madjo back....

Madjo (Crawley Town) 9 0 0 0 0 9

Archived