IGNORED

Lee Johnson

cummins17

this is a more positive post about lee johnson !!

I reckon lee Johnson has been brilliant so far this season and he has formed a great partnership with marvin elliott in our midfield but yessss i defiently defiently agree marvin elliott has been ooutstanding this season but i also feel lee johnson has done quality next to him he get's the ball makes brilliant pass's what sometimes don't payy off but mostly and i reckon his tackling and agression for a little man like him is brilliant, so a big well done to lee considering all the critcism people gave him last season ! (i wasnt one of them)

your thoughts .....

this is a more positive post about lee johnson !!

I reckon lee Johnson has been brilliant so far this season and he has formed a great partnership with marvin elliott in our midfield but yessss i defiently defiently agree marvin elliott has been ooutstanding this season but i also feel lee johnson has done quality next to him he get's the ball makes brilliant pass's what sometimes don't payy off but mostly and i reckon his tackling and agression for a little man like him is brilliant, so a big well done to lee considering all the critcism people gave him last season ! (i wasnt one of them)

your thoughts .....

He gives up to easily on the defensive. Yes he can make good passes which may often result in goals, but as soon as the ball goes past him 99% of the time he plods back and leaves it to marv. All good centre midfielders do there bit in attack and defence.

He gives up to easily on the defensive. Yes he can make good passes which may often result in goals, but as soon as the ball goes past him 99% of the time he plods back and leaves it to marv. All good centre midfielders do there bit in attack and defence.

At the present moment Johnson is our only weak link,,,,but will he be rested, NOT A CHANCE.

At the present moment Johnson is our only weak link,,,,but will he be rested, NOT A CHANCE.

I think Jamie McAllister has been fairly poor and a bit of a weak link, I expect we'll sign another left back in the new year to add competition. I like the idea of someone like Jon Harley for example.

i don't no how u can say lee jonhson is the weak link in the side as i think he has benn outstanding this season not so much defensive wise but attacking wise he has been a playmaking wizard in my eyes but he does make a fue good tackles and inteceptions in the midfield but who needs another tackling midfielder in the centre if we have marv he is bloody class but yes if lee johnson was more defensive aswell without a doubt we would have the best center midfield partnership in the league if we don't already !

I think Jamie McAllister has been fairly poor and a bit of a weak link, I expect we'll sign another left back in the new year to add competition. I like the idea of someone like Jon Harley for example.

I am a big fan of McAllister but I do think that he hasn't played particularly well yet this season.... So I agree that we must have another option other than Fontaine to play there.. Harley would be good any other good left backs around (Other than the Bridges, Coles, Clichy etc of this world) that we could get hold of...

If we have a weak link in the middle of the park and we are second in the table then we must be heading for promotion! Johnson is good enough at this level. Everyone can improve. Bradley Orr is universally applauded on this forum yet he rarely gets a pass right. Players all have their skills and their weaknesses. Johnson and orr for that matter are both in the side on merit and we are close to the top of the league after winning promotion with them in the side last year...so why do people keep moaning.

If we have a weak link in the middle of the park and we are second in the table then we must be heading for promotion! Johnson is good enough at this level. Everyone can improve. Bradley Orr is universally applauded on this forum yet he rarely gets a pass right. Players all have their skills and their weaknesses. Johnson and orr for that matter are both in the side on merit and we are close to the top of the league after winning promotion with them in the side last year...so why do people keep moaning.

Indeed. I haven't been on for a few days, and cannot believe the amount of stick that Lee Johnson is getting. Surely this must just be boredom of a few? We've had a start of the season over and above the expectations of even the most optimistic city fan, unbeaten and second in the league.

Like it or not, LJ has been an integral part of this excellent start, with assists at sheffield wednesday, against west brom and a goal against QPR. His delivery from free kicks and corners is accurate 95% of the time and he will be instumental to our varied routine from set pieces. Yes, he does give the ball away frustratingly at times, he isn't the fittest player in our squad, but he is without a doubt championship class and the best we've got.

Laughably, those slating Johnson want Noble in his place! I'm a huge noble fan, but he cant be in a 2 man midfield and is even more unfit/lazy than LJ.

Those at Coventry will know how much a united support raises the team to achieve over and above their individual talents.

Looking at both threads about LJ he seems to be getting a rough ride. I think Lee know s the areas he needs to work at and is trying this. I know he is a petite man but his arial game has improved. He isn't always the quickest of players but he has his moments when he's snapping on the back of someones heals. IMO he tries to pull the team together and is an integral member of the team.

Archived