IGNORED

Why All The Jip About Peacock, Because

RedTauntonian

if he hadn't of scored in the games that matter, we would of dropped 11 more points, so we would currently be in 9th place, does make a difference doesn't it!

Imagine the forum then!!! :laugh:

heh, exactly my point, when he was winning/drawing games for us, it was silent on here, now he is going through a sticky patch its all bad about him. Is it his fault he cost 600k? NO. Is it his fault Wilson never subs him? NO. Wilson has now played all your dream partnerships and they havent impressed.

Lee Peacock makes a hell of an effort when out there and some people who are too ignorant to take note, slates him for not making an effort. Some people say get behind the players. I Dont like Roberts but i still get behind him. If i was to make a post about Roberts some of you would start whining and say, i dont like him because he is Welsh, Tosh. Dont you lot like Peacock because he is a Jock?

if he hadn't of scored in the games that matter, we would of dropped 11 more points, so we would currently be in 9th place, does make a difference doesn't it!

So, what you're saying is, if he was doing his job even less effectively than he already is, we'd be even worse off than we are now.

Yes, I think I'd have worked that out for myself.

So, what you're saying is, if he was doing his job even less effectively than he already is, we'd be even worse off than we are now.

Yes, I think I'd have worked that out for myself.

ok, so if he is doing his job ineffectively, what the hell are the rest of the players doing? I'm not moaning about the other players, but if he is ineffective i'd love to know what the others are?

ok, so if he is doing his job ineffectively, what the hell are the rest of the players doing? I'm not moaning about the other players, but if he is ineffective i'd love to know what the others are?

Wondering how he walks back into the team everytime, regardless of form or fitness, I imagine.

For all the running and hard work that Peacock does, he doesn't do the job he's paid to do - score goals.

I think Peacock should have been dropped several games ago.

However, it is obvious that DW has no confidence in any of his other strikers to do what Peacock does best AND SCORE GOALS. :laugh:

I dont boo, or give Peacock "jip" on the pitch, cos he's got a Red shirt on. On the forum its a place for opinions, so y'all got mine.

Dont agree with the many attacks on Phillips, Robbo, Burnell, Wilkshire etc, some valid points but there ya go, its opinions! :dunno:

For 600,000 we expect more, and no its not entirely his fault the fee, but to get that fee he must have done something right, and aint doing it now. DW take a bow for being ripped off. He certainly hasnt done enough to warrant a new contract, averaging a goal every other game would make it more likely, but somehow, cant see it........... :dunno:

And for what its worth I'd rather have Judas Thorpe, similar number of goals, many less full games, and behind several other strikers too. Wonder who'll score first Leapy, or Judas- regrettably my money would be on Judas. but thats life, he probably wont play, so we'll be ok. :laugh:

Guest XrAnGeX

No disrespect but I don't see how this is a valid statement.

If someone else filled Peacocks role during those matches how do you know they wouldn't have scored more???

Please enlighten me..... 600k is a lot of money and as previously stated forwards are judged on their goal tally.

Guest SuttonRed

After a great start to the season, it trulyhas tailed off for leapy!

However the responsibility for Peacocks name being on the team sheet lies firmly with Wilson, but that's an old chestnut.

As i've said before on this forum it often does players good to be "rested" and gives them the kick up the AR** required. Though really i'd have thought the incentive of a new contract should be enough in the turbulent times that football is experiencing right now.

Oh well eh, he 's sure to feature till the end of the season!

o.k ere we go; first where are the Peacock :laugh: t shirts
Sorry to go on about t-shirts again, but if you think I have deliberately avoided doing a Peacock t-shirt, purely because I think he doesn't deserve his place in the team at present, then you are wrong.

I have actually designed a couple of Peacock t-shirts, but it was decided that he wasn't an ideal player to do at this stage of the season, as it is still very uncertain if he will be here next year.

If he is here next season, then perhaps there will be a rethink, but I doubt many people would buy a shirt with his name on it now, when he may only have a handful of games left at the club.

That is the sole reason behind deciding not to print his t-shirt at this time.

If he is here next season, then perhaps there will be a rethink, but I doubt many people would buy a shirt with his name on it now, when he may only have a handful of games left at the club.

God I hope not.................

You cant accuse me of that because i dont like peacock but i will support him when he is in a city shirt. And i think lee miller is a much better player.
Well that is why i apparently dont like Christian Roberts. Apparently i dont rate him as a player because he is Welsh. Just remember who our top scorer is. I Could and i have done argued for Peacock all day and i could argue against him. I Made a post at Xmas and the critisism stopped for awhile. Now its back. I cant be bothered to argue my point over and over when if you look at the facts, your all wrong.

At the end of the day, the snide comments about him arent needed. Support players. I Support players i dont like. Why cant you lot do the same?

Well that is why i apparently dont like Christian Roberts. Apparently i dont rate him as a player because he is Welsh. Just remember who our top scorer is. I Could and i have done argued for Peacock all day and i could argue against him. I Made a post at Xmas and the critisism stopped for awhile. Now its back. I cant be bothered to argue my point over and over when if you look at the facts, your all wrong.

At the end of the day, the snide comments about him arent needed. Support players. I Support players i dont like. Why cant you lot do the same?

Cos hes part of the problem.....simple, for the record on match days I do support him, cos he is a City player.

I have only boo-d city players off once, Wycombe (and Leapy was dire that night, among many others) after that dreadful performance, and I aint wasted my breath since, made me point, like many others, and thats it. Its a Cider-Red thing you know, we do support our team......

This forum is for this discussion, and its being discussed..... :laugh: whats the problem, he aint the only one getting caned, but he is the most experienced one getting it, like Mickey Bell, and even Tins is getting a couple of less than enthusiastic posts too.

Still nothing like the crap Robbo cops for..but there ya go, ###### happens :dunno:

where has ANYONE said they don't support peacock ? nobody has, as soon as he puts on the shirt people support him regardless of wheather they like him or not.

What facts ? the facts that in far less minuites of football and the same crap service Miller has scored over half the amount of peacocks goals, or the fact that last season in substantially less minuites of football Roberts scored MORE than Peacock. Or the fact that peacocks form over the last 14 games of so has been dire and he has managed 1 goal, and yet no other striker who can score goals has been given a chance. We KNOW robbo can score more goals than Peackock as he has proven it, we can summise that because of the vastly decreased amount of football played that Miller can probably score more goals than peacock, and by goals to game ratio Lita can certainly score more goals than peacock.

"if he hadn't of scored in the games that matter, we would of dropped 11 more points, so we would currently be in 9th place, does make a difference doesn't it!"

Imagine where we'd be if he HAD scored in the games that have mattered - i.e. the last 10 games.

Imagine where we might be if Lita, Roberts and Miller had the opportunities and run outs that Peacock has had.

One Team

ps As I've said before, like any player, I support Peacock (well, I don't slag him off) at games; here he's fair game.

Guest mjm slb

Lee Peacock give him his due he has scored some important goals

but your only as good as your last ciouple of games and

if he isn't producing when he should and there are other capable strikers give them his chance

Imagine where we might be if Lita, Roberts and Miller had the opportunities and run outs that Peacock has had.

One Team

ps As I've said before, like any player, I support Peacock (well, I don't slag him off) at games; here he's fair game.

miller has had a lot of run outs so i don't see why that is bought in to the equation, as for roberts, i do believe he should of been given a better chance, but he hasn't really took the chance when he has had it has he? And i don't think lita really warrants a 1st team starting place, he may have scored against rushden he started, but his all round game isn't good enough, he is a usefull sub, but that is it! He is quick and good in the air, but apart from that he aint nothing special.

miller has had a lot of run outs so i don't see why that is bought in to the equation, as for roberts, i do believe he should of been given a better chance, but he hasn't really took the chance when he has had it has he? And i don't think lita really warrants a 1st team starting place, he may have scored against rushden he started, but his all round game isn't good enough, he is a usefull sub, but that is it! He is quick and good in the air, but apart from that he aint nothing special.
And peacock is pretty fast, and can run about aimlessly for 90 minuites. but couldn't finish his dinner at the moment. He has scored 1 goal in 12 games that is piss poor, he has never finished top scorer for us before until he got a chance to play whenever he was fit ans has still only managed 14 goals.

And Millers run outs don't even compare to Peacocks continued chances.

Archived