IGNORED

Andy Gray

Henry

Why wasnt he sent off?

In this day and age where you can get booked for taking your shirt off, but you are allowed to wind up the fans from about 10 ft.

If he was booked for that then he would have been sent off in the last min.

I thought the ref was crap today and bottled it a few times when he could have easily have booked the Burnley players.

Why wasnt he sent off?

In this day and age where you can get booked for taking your shirt off, but you are allowed to wind up the fans from about 10 ft.

I thought the ref was crap today and bottled it a few times when he could have easily have booked the Burnley players.

Totally agree.

Bradley Orr gets booked on Tuesday for celebrating, Gray winds the crowd up with gestures and only gets booked for doing it the second time.

There were further gestures to the crowd as he went down the tunnel at the end.

Why wasnt he sent off?

The official's were dreadful today, in stark contrast to the ones we had against WBA. I noticed Andy Gray did the same at Colchester earlier this season and evaded punishment but to do it twice in one game is sheer stupidity on his behalf. The ref should've clamped down immediately after the first incident.

The slight difference is, Murray didnt get right in their faces and tbh if he did get booked, would you have really complained?

No put its still provative which ever way you look at it. We love it when our players do it, we don't when others do.

I do think you have some merit to the fact that he should have been booked for the first instance. He probably wouldn't have done it a second time if he had. As it was, it wouldn't have had the slightest effect on the scoreline.

that lines man on the Dolman side was probably the worst I've ever seen - did he get a single decision right the whole match?

No he didn't, he was bloody awful.

If they're going to get fussy about shirt pulling they need to get fussy about every instance of it not just the few the blind man managed to see.

Bradley Orr gets booked on Tuesday for celebrating

Just after the ref had booked a West Brom player for the same thing yes.

Sometimes i wonder if your a City fan Tom, i don't expect you to just agree with people if you don't but it seems like every time you counter a point you use us as an example, annoying.

Thanks for sharing that thought with me. What exactly is wrong in using City as a counter argument, given that most people will know what I'm refering too?

• SC&T Board Members

The Murray celebration was some years ago - in the current climate, it would almost certainly have drawn a yellow card.

I have no idea why Bradley Orr was booked on Tuesday - what offence exactly was he supposed to have committed? To me, he appeared to be celebrating his goal by running past his own fans back to his position for the restart. What else is he supposed to do?

The ref's failure to book the Burnley player after their first goal today was laughable - if his action was not incitement of opposition fans, then I don't know what is. Had he been booked and then repeated the act after the second goal, then clearly he should have seen red (not that it would have affected the result so late in the game).

As ever, it's the inconsistency that's so annoying - Orr booked presumambly for 'over celebration', yet the Burnley player allowed to get off scot free for clear incitement.

The Murray celebration was some years ago - in the current climate, it would almost certainly have drawn a yellow card.

I have no idea why Bradley Orr was booked on Tuesday - what offence exactly was he supposed to have committed? To me, he appeared to be celebrating his goal by running past his own fans back to his position for the restart. What else is he supposed to do?

The ref's failure to book the Burnley player after their first goal today was laughable - if his action was not incitement of opposition fans, then I don't know what is. Had he been booked and then repeated the act after the second goal, then clearly he should have seen red (not that it would have affected the result so late in the game).

As ever, it's the inconsistency that's so annoying - Orr booked presumambly for 'over celebration', yet the Burnley player allowed to get off scot free for clear incitement.

According to the Evil Post on wednesday no players were booked in the match

Funny thing is, if he had ran to the centre circle with his team mates and took his shirt off. He'd definetly be booked.

The Sunderland player who scored the first last night cupped his hands to his ears at the home fans without a booking.

I think Tom's right. It's frustrating when it happens to us but feels so good when doing it to.

I think the rule is they don't leave the pitch, Murray ran down the line IIRC, Orr was running along the stand off the pitch, seems harsh to me but rules is rules I guess. Andy gray on the other hand stayed on the pitch buy was clearly provoking the fans, did it twice so should have been sent off. He could technically have been arrested too for "inciting a riot"

He could technically have been arrested too for "inciting a riot"

It could also be argued that the fact opposition score important goals could incite arguments.

I really don't think that players should get booked for overcelebrating. The interaction between the crowd and players is part of the enjoyment of football and it's really the fault of the morons who react to this rather than they players who are enjoying themselves and responding the the winding up that they recieve. If people in the crowd can't react in a non violent way (running on the pitch rather than giving the player gip and a few hand signals) then I question their mentality.

Sometimes i wonder if your a City fan Tom, i don't expect you to just agree with people if you don't but it seems like every time you counter a point you use us as an example, annoying.

What he can't be a City fan if he isn't balanced and able to look at incidents in a fair manner?! At the games we all support City but afterwards some of us can be objective.

Andy Gray acted like an idiot yesterday- once was stuipid but twice is unacceptable.

Didn't Christian Roberts act lke a d### when we scored against QPR a few years ago?

What he can't be a City fan if he isn't balanced and able to look at incidents in a fair manner?! At the games we all support City but afterwards some of us can be objective.

Andy Gray acted like an idiot yesterday- once was stuipid but twice is unacceptable.

Didn't Christian Roberts act lke a d### when we scored against QPR a few years ago?

To be fair on this and other forums he'll be negative when someone's trying to be positive, and i was having a bit of banter on thefootballforum.net and he stepped in and stuck up for the gas, something i wouldn't go out of my way to do even if i thought the City opinion was wrong.

To be fair on this and other forums he'll be negative when someone's trying to be positive, and i was having a bit of banter on thefootballforum.net and he stepped in and stuck up for the gas, something i wouldn't go out of my way to do even if i thought the City opinion was wrong.

He isn't negative- he is realistic. Whilst I don't always agree with him, he is one of the most levelheaded posters and if he was standing up for the gas then I have no problem with it.

Why wasnt he sent off?

Why does it bother you?!? I think it adds an extra something to the atmosphere. Football's all about passion, and I'm sure we'd all do the same if we were in their position.

But when Murray cups his ear and runs down the Bob Bank stand he's legend?

Exactly!!

Archived