IGNORED

Williams, Ateyo And Majority Of Dolman Fans...

formerly known as ivan

please feel free to support the lads and get behind them!

we should all be singing our hearts out for the team, which we try and do in the east end, but the second we stop, there is a defening silence from every other part of the ground, with the exception of certain parts of the dolman.

its an absolute embaressment. burnley fans, albeit one song, out sang us for the majority of the whole game. the atmosphere could be electric at the gate if we had singing from each side/end of the ground.

maybe its just me, but i really don't get how you can just go down the ground and sit there in silence!

Boll*cks mate.

This 'my stand is better then your stand' has been done to the death.

The fact is, its hard to hear the other stands whilst you are in yours. For instance, I was in the Atyeo and, as usual, could barely hear the EE, but I'm sure in there it sounded pretty loud.

Boll*cks mate.

The fact is, its hard to hear the other stands whilst you are in yours. For instance, I was in the Atyeo and, as usual, could barely hear the EE, but I'm sure in there it sounded pretty loud.

this wasnt a 'my stand is better than your stand' post, its was a 'the silence around the ground was bloody embarressing' post.

you say you could barely hear us in the east end, thats because there are a couple of hundred in there singing their hearts out, as opposed to thousands in every other stand and we cant hear anything.

it seems as though people get there libarys and football grounds mixed up!

we should all be singing our hearts out for the team, which we try and do in the east end, but the second we stop, there is a defening silence from every other part of the ground, with the exception of certain parts of the dolman.

its an absolute embaressment. burnley fans, albeit one song, out sang us for the majority of the whole game. the atmosphere could be electric at the gate if we had singing from each side/end of the ground.

maybe its just me, but i really don't get how you can just go down the ground and sit there in silence!

What are you talking about, I was in the Atyeo and there we were singing nearly all game. Yes there are occasions when the game starts to slow and the fans stop singing but this can be said for all parts of the stadium. Burnley fans didn't sing all game either. Stop whinging about your fellow fans, after all we are all in this together even if we are in different stand. If your that worried come and sit in the Atyeo and sing in there.

this wasnt a 'my stand is better than your stand' post

Yes it was.

The atmosphere was flat first half all around the ground including the East End probably because there was little excitement on the pitch.

The second half it picked up alot particularly when we went behind.

Burnley fans were excellent I thought.

the atmosphere against WBA was electric all around the ground and played its part in the last minute equaliser.

today it was beyond shocking

That's a ridiculous comment.

I dunno why you're having a pop at fellow City fans for not singing cos, from where I was in the Atyeo, we were loud today. It ain't our fault the club designed the Atyeo with a shit accoustic roof ten years or so ago and won't let us in the East End. We can only do our best with what we're given. :angry:

That's a ridiculous comment.

I dunno why you're having a pop at fellow City fans for not singing cos, from where I was in the Atyeo, we were loud today. It ain't our fault the club designed the Atyeo with a shit accoustic roof ten years or so ago and won't let us in the East End. We can only do our best with what we're given. :angry:

You may have thought that you were loud but trust us when we say you weren't, and today you weren't!

i tottaly agree with this post me and mates and someothers we sit round try and sing thorughout the game in the dolman and try to get others with us but in the end we just look like idiots and we have people saying be quiet sit down but we shall never sit down SOOOO COME ON YOU REDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may have thought that you were loud but trust us when we say you weren't, and today you weren't!

Again, why moan about fellow city fans? If people don't want to sing they don't have to, it doesn't make them a lesser fan than you or I. To me the east end did not seem that loud today either whereas everyone in the Atyeo would say we were loud. However, I'm sure everyone in the east end (excluding the burnley fans) was behind 'our' team and willing them to do well, just as everyone else in the other 3 stands was.

Goes back to the debate whether the fans sing to get the team to perform, or the team perform which gets the fans to sing. It should be the first, but often it is the latter. One shot on target in the first half might be a reason why the noise wasn't as loud as vs West Brom - after being at that cracker of a game I think the whole of today felt a bit flat, both on the pitch and off. Attendance was a bit disappointing too, which makes a difference to the noise.

Again, why moan about fellow city fans? If people don't want to sing they don't have to, it doesn't make them a lesser fan than you or I. To me the east end did not seem that loud today either whereas everyone in the Atyeo would say we were loud. However, I'm sure everyone in the east end (excluding the burnley fans) was behind 'our' team and willing them to do well, just as everyone else in the other 3 stands was.

Not moaning, just telling the truth, I have been to every game so far and today was just the worst this seaoson, maybe it was because the team did not perform as well and the hype of west brom is not the same as burnley who are an established championship outfit.

Bored now.

i was in the ateyo today as usual, and if you ask me it was stupidly quiet. the only singing i heard was after we had scored. i heard the east end today, alright its not like the kop (because of the amount in ther) but its more than anyone else gives. For the amount of people that are allowed in there they make a huge noise!

it was so quiet in the ateyo that i thought there was a sponsored silence going on that i didnt know about. but then i would here about 4 people sing. When people sing in the ateyo, dolman it is good, very loud but it doesnt happen very often.

The east end sings no matter what the situation of the game, and do make some noise. if i was alloed to swap my s/t over i would be.

i say the eastend should be open to anyone and then the gate will be rocking!

keep it up east-enders, hope to join you soon!!

the atmosphere against WBA was electric all around the ground and played its part in the last minute equaliser.

today it was beyond shocking

So was the football.

No excuse, but often go hand in hand.

Hence the good atmosphere from the equaliser onwards, didnt do us any good did it?

2-2.

I think it's naive to think that performance isn't connected to the atmosphere - on Tuesday night, when we were playing superbly well against West Brom, the atmosphere from right around the ground was near-constantly electric, the difference in noise not proportional to the difference between a 12,000 and 14,500 crowd.

It's a 2 way thing, good football inspires good atmosphere which inspires good football.

I really must get my name changed in case people get us confused.

Anyway, I hate all this "I'm/we're better fans than you crap". I don't want a totalitarian atmosphere down Ashton Gate - people should feel free to support the club within their own means and according to their own wishes.

On what grounds do you feel you can tell people how to behave?

Just like, whatever, innit, really...

Kinda out of any of our control. The atmosphere created is a result of many a complex a factor inc. opponents, no. of away fans, time of season, time of day, day of week, attendance, importance of game, the game itself, the whether, um, etc, etc.

Today's game was the storm after the night before re: the West Brom thriller, we are moving out of the early season excitment and anticipation period (although this is a ground breaking season it has to be said) but not yet into the business end, in sum, the seasom is settling down and so was the atmosphere today. The first half and much of the second was poor and uneventful just to boot.

End-a the day, I feel one should respect others right to behave how they feel provided they are causing no actual harm to anyone else.

I think characteristically us Bristolians are fairly placid in nature compared to those from other city's especially regarding expression of emotion that's to say we are responsive not pro-active - or fairly chilled out in other words. Compared to Scousers, Mancs, Geordies and Cockney's this is undenighable in my experiance.

AG acoustically is rather odd due to disconnected and different height/designed stands - as has been stated many, many times before so to argue about it's atmosphere is like two blind people falling out about the shape of an elephant having felt seperate parts of it.

I'm sure also that complaint about apmosphere not living up to personal expectation could be heard from fans (mainly 16-30, male) of Club's right throughout the Country. This is 2007 and not 1977.

Still, life is what you make it, I enjoyed myself today.

EAST, EAST, EAST-ENDERS !!

Get used to it. Thats City fans for you!! If they spent as much time singing as they do moaning and slagging the team off, Ashton Gate would be one of loudest grounds in the UK!

It's the only thing I would agree with when the Sags slag us of about the atmosphere at the Gate, unless things are going our way, it's pretty s**t support! And even when we are winning, it doesn't last long.

Some things never change

Get used to it. Thats City fans for you!! If they spent as much time singing as they do moaning and slagging the team off, Ashton Gate would be one of loudest grounds in the UK!

It's the only thing I would agree with when the Sags slag us of about the atmosphere at the Gate, unless things are going our way, it's pretty s**t support! And even when we are winning, it doesn't last long.

Some things never change

dolman was very quite today some of us tried but u end up looking like a loon singing on your own.tues was so different it was so much more fun with everyone singing.

Boll*cks mate.

so how come ever time the away fans sing in the east end ,you can hear um from the atyeo?

Archived