IGNORED

What's More Worrying...

tin

Driving home from the Gate today there seems to be alot of moaning about Lee Johnson, and rightly so in my book. The boy was awful today and shouldn't have been on the pitch a minute after he tried that 'fancy dan flick' that gave away possession inside our penalty box for Burnley's first.

But I find it equally annoying that we've lost out on four home points now this season due to stoppage times goals at the Gate. QPR did it in the opening day and now Burnley.

Surely GJ has to iron out this lack of concentration when the board goes up and be aware of unperforming individuals. We can't let these sort of antics continue.

Thoughts?

Lee Johnson had a poor game today but we didn't really have a replacement for him on the bench. Sorry but the bloke who phoned up Radio Bristol and said Skuse was clearly on some sort of crack or heroine, he's a totally different player. I think if Noble had been on the bench we might have seen him introduced though I understand why GJ likes to keep LJ on - because he is a player who can turn a game with one pass.

The mistake we made on the corner was basic, not putting men on the posts, probably because Wilson was one of the ones who usually does it and he'd gone off. GJ should be giving that job to Carey - every corner make goddam sure someone is on each post.

Lee Johnson had a poor game today but we didn't really have a replacement for him on the bench. Sorry but the bloke who phoned up Radio Bristol and said Skuse was clearly on some sort of crack or heroine, he's a totally different player. I think if Noble had been on the bench we might have seen him introduced though I understand why GJ likes to keep LJ on - because he is a player who can turn a game with one pass.

The mistake we made on the corner was basic, not putting men on the posts, probably because Wilson was one of the ones who usually does it and he'd gone off. GJ should be giving that job to Carey - every corner make goddam sure someone is on each post.

I heard that bloke and he didn't sound all there to be honest. I agreed with the generality of his point but he went way over the top and clearly was a didn't know his stuff.

The thing that concerns me though, is that Nobe's is surely close to fitness after 3 full games for the reserves now so the only way he'll get to full fitness is by playing from the bench. I'm not sure GJ would swap his son for Nobe's though but I know Nobe's wouldn't have made those basic errors that LJ did today.

Very good point about Wilson though, the full backs should have that responsibility for me though.

This is not the first time that Johnson has had a rush of blood to the head in the last minute of a game when we have been winning. He made a stupid tackle on the edge of the area at Sheffield Weds in the last minute and the only reason we came away from there with 3 points was down to Basso's brilliant save from that free kick.

The last 3 goals that we have conceded have come from Johnson giving the ball away. I know that his teammates have a responsibility to defend afterwards and that the goals were not 100% his fault but he is not helping matters. Noble seems to be a player that concentrates on not giving the ball away. What frustrates about Johnson is that he is obviously a very talented footballer but does some stupid things at times. Anyone could have cleared that ball today without it going out for a corner.

This is not moaning or slagging off, it is facts. I don't want anyone to start booing him during games though because that will only make things worse. And to be fair he didnt get much collective stick from the crowd today even if everyone was talking about his mistakes on the way out of the ground. But maybe a rest for a game or so is in order so that he knows he will have to play out of his skin every week to stay in the team.

I'm really surprised that we let Russell go out on loan as he is IMO the best all round midfielder we have (apart from Marv of course!).

This is not the first time that Johnson has had a rush of blood to the head in the last minute of a game when we have been winning. He made a stupid tackle on the edge of the area at Sheffield Weds in the last minute and the only reason we came away from there with 3 points was down to Basso's brilliant save from that free kick.

The last 3 goals that we have conceded have come from Johnson giving the ball away. I know that his teammates have a responsibility to defend afterwards and that the goals were not 100% his fault but he is not helping matters. Noble seems to be a player that concentrates on not giving the ball away. What frustrates about Johnson is that he is obviously a very talented footballer but does some stupid things at times. Anyone could have cleared that ball today without it going out for a corner.

This is not moaning or slagging off, it is facts. I don't want anyone to start booing him during games though because that will only make things worse. And to be fair he didnt get much collective stick from the crowd today even if everyone was talking about his mistakes on the way out of the ground. But maybe a rest for a game or so is in order so that he knows he will have to play out of his skin every week to stay in the team.

I'm really surprised that we let Russell go out on loan as he is IMO the best all round midfielder we have (apart from Marv of course!).

Couldn't agree more. LJ can sometimes be a bit of a liability and Russell would be a steadier alternative if GJ wanted to rest his son for a game. AR is also quite creative and could play a similar role to LJ but not concede possession so often. Still he's gone (for now) and I can't see him being recalled just to give LJ a bit of a wake-up call.

Archived